UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Wee, Bushido news from EA/OSI!!!

Amasu

Wanderer
Wee, Bushido news from EA/OSI!!!

Okay heres the thing Bushido as it currently functions on OSI is a bit...imbalanced. Using the Bushido special move Lightning Strike and the Achieve Perfection feature critical damage hits as high as 120+ have been made possible in melee.

As you should know, a critical hit completely ignores armor.
These high damage critical hits are viable, with mid range equipment too.

MrTact the UO Designer and Engineer made this statment last week:

MrTact said:
- Achieve Perfection is t3h pwnage because it ignores the 300% DI cap and stacks with other special abilities. As of pub 33, it is considered a special move in its own right and does not stack with others.

This was good news.
Now there is bad news, courtesy of a post by MrTact at U.Hall on Stratics made today:

MrTact said:
There is no change to Achieve Perfection going into pub 33. I did investigate that issue, and the ability is functioning as designed. (That is to say, it abides by the 300% damage cap.)

Heh, if OSI doesnt hurry up and "balance" this it is likely Demise's Samurai will be running around doing these insane critical hits once the Bushido special moves/Perfection/Honor Virtue are fully coded and live here...

-Disclaimer- This is directed at the players, to disseminate information about what is coming in terms of Bushido and its likely impact. This is not intended as a critique of the RunUO Devs, nor is it indicative of a lack of faith in said Devs at RunUO.

The Devs at OSI however...

OSI clone...what can I say?.....

and yeah, there can never be balance unless everyone gets the same deal..(Think WarCraft II... lol, the units are just mirrors!!!!)

I think they(OSI) took the, "Can't do it, don't even bother approach" to balancing....

but yeah.... lets hope we don't hear whining about it on here.... boy do the Stratic forums are already full of it.....

kinda funny in a way my pally archer is already doing 60ish dmg(Raw) and up to 80 ish dmg with the pallyspells....and shoots every 2 sec..

so the insane dmg stuff is not new.... just didn't work for pvp =P

but funny how very few complained about the pally.... (okay, I know the Critical strike thing may look alittle extreme...but it IS CRITICAL strike =P...)

Edit: but yeah, I noticed those ppl who complained on Stratics are all pvpers =P so we may be relatively safe from the whining =P

Amasu

Wanderer
Hehe

*grins*

I am actually looking forward to Bushido being fully coded.
I fully expect that the lightning strike/perfection combo will be the cause of much...debate on the forums once it hits. The point of my thread is to inform, as from conversations with many of the players I do talk to it is clear to me that they just dont understand what is coming.

I dont know why they would ever whine about the Palidin, sure they can pump out massive damage in pvm but youre right they dont get to do the same in pvp. Even the necromancer was quickly balanced once the players made it clear to EA/OSI that a slight error had been made in the early stages of AoS...

Archers are good, with a decent bow and the AI special...hehe.
And stealth/hiding.
And as much DI/HCI as you can get your hands on.

*snickers*

psz

Administrator
In case anyone is wondering: We will NOT be including the "bugged" code that OSI is fixing in the next Publish. We will skip it and go to the most recent "fixed" version (Described above)

Tis how we always do it ;->

Amasu

Wanderer
heh

I sincerely hope then that the Devs at EA/OSI do a proper job of "fixing" Perfection...Its still too early to tell what exactly they are planning by way of a "fix."

hiei36

Wanderer
Reminds me of the time I made a comment on IRC stating that Bushido will be overpowered. Of course, someone replied back saying it's not and questioned how it was overpowered by asking what's the best template for Doom. Must have been half asleep that time (cause I didn't know how to answer him), or else I would have told him to look at how instead of Necro-Pallys in Doom on OSI, everyone switched over Sammy-Pallys...