UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

WoW pvp vs UO pvp.

tomstrife

Wanderer
Re: WoW pvp vs UO pvp.

Eskeshehir;418092 said:
UO PvP is twitch. WoW PvP is who can fire off the biggest fireball with arcane trinkets.

This is like me saying UO PvP is a MA/Fireball macro or 10 people using energy bolt at the same time to win.

Instead of knowing how to use clumsy to interrupt, a well timed poison to interrupt heals, managing mana, etc.

Old school UO pvp had bigger consequences than today with insurance.

WoW endgame pvp, (ie pvp with smart people instead of brain deads) is similar in many aspects. There are quick spells, interrupts, positioning and strategy play a big role as well.

Team work and communication plays a much bigger role, and running away is much more difficult in the arena setting. Arena battles are much more fair, instead of gank x at the moongate with screen shots claiming xxx player is a scrub.

Both pvp require gear, UO requires you to play at least 40-50 days to get adequate gear if you are starting off fresh with no friends to get a decent suit if it isnt PreUOR. WoW requires about a similar amount, except it isnt a random drop, but more of a grind, so it can be faster or slower depending on your skill.

WoW PvP compliments player who look for equal battles, group combat and an arena system with status. However, most players are not good, and only the top teams are decent players... Yet with a larger player base, the top players are much more likely to be better.

UO PvP (Post Trammel) compliments players who look to gank, have massive advantages over other players if you are a veteran or rely on numbers to win.

UO PvP (Pre Trammel) compliments players who like to gank mostly newbies, have lots of friends, so they arent afraid to go out and risk 2-3 weeks of macroing off murder counts.

However, UO does allow for single player combat (1v1) players to shine, assuming it isn't a gimp build that dominates another. Two similarly built tank mages Pre-UOR (best builds), allowed for true skill to shine, which WoW does not allow.

Those who say that UO has much more twitch probably are just newbies on WoW. Both require the similar amounts to be top end players.

tomstrife

Wanderer

No I didnt, read my statement, both require skill.

Simplifying it and saying that UO requires MA/Fireball macro and you'll win is as stupid as saying WoW requires an "i win" button.

The rest of my statement is to the OP question of which I prefer.

Sorry that you have to resort to cursing to be able to debate, maybe I can get you a Sesame street "how to read" book along with a thesaurus/dictionary combo for Christmas?

Insomniac-

Sorceror

im pro at both:

wow is harder to play at a perfection level.

uo is just retarded since SE. t2a era...LBR era, aos era... surely were all different but in each atleast the game took skill... now its whoever has the bigger yumi wins. and as for mage vs mage... it doesnt take long to learn to play good after you have the items. ofc starting out on UO is still as horrible as day 1, a worthless boring grind or begging for gold that can take longer than leveling a toon from 1-70 on wow.

and on the other side: leveling made easy and easily obtainable gear makes WoW worth the easy grind to level the toon of choice and get into high end-game play where the fun resides. i have a s4 lock and it is all rock/paper/scissors (balance? ofc, but a shitty type) when it comes to 1vs1 which i can live with. ofc paper can beat scissors etc if scissors sucks ass.

wow pvp takes a shitload of skill/coordination/teamwork at high end brackets, mainly because only certain class's have healing abilities.

so yea...

wow > uo if all you mean is the pvp system.

in UO you use what.... a handfull of skills/spells throughout the game... playing wow you need to know EVERY SPELL and talents your class can do, as well as EVERY SPELL and talents your opponents can do... and learn what to do and how to play vs all.

pbguy434

Knight

tomstrife;418385 said:
This is like me saying UO PvP is a MA/Fireball macro or 10 people using energy bolt at the same time to win.

Instead of knowing how to use clumsy to interrupt, a well timed poison to interrupt heals, managing mana, etc.

Old school UO pvp had bigger consequences than today with insurance.

WoW endgame pvp, (ie pvp with smart people instead of brain deads) is similar in many aspects. There are quick spells, interrupts, positioning and strategy play a big role as well.

Team work and communication plays a much bigger role, and running away is much more difficult in the arena setting. Arena battles are much more fair, instead of gank x at the moongate with screen shots claiming xxx player is a scrub.

Both pvp require gear, UO requires you to play at least 40-50 days to get adequate gear if you are starting off fresh with no friends to get a decent suit if it isnt PreUOR. WoW requires about a similar amount, except it isnt a random drop, but more of a grind, so it can be faster or slower depending on your skill.

WoW PvP compliments player who look for equal battles, group combat and an arena system with status. However, most players are not good, and only the top teams are decent players... Yet with a larger player base, the top players are much more likely to be better.

UO PvP (Post Trammel) compliments players who look to gank, have massive advantages over other players if you are a veteran or rely on numbers to win.

UO PvP (Pre Trammel) compliments players who like to gank mostly newbies, have lots of friends, so they arent afraid to go out and risk 2-3 weeks of macroing off murder counts.

However, UO does allow for single player combat (1v1) players to shine, assuming it isn't a gimp build that dominates another. Two similarly built tank mages Pre-UOR (best builds), allowed for true skill to shine, which WoW does not allow.

Those who say that UO has much more twitch probably are just newbies on WoW. Both require the similar amounts to be top end players.

Insomniac-;418506 said:
im pro at both:

wow is harder to play at a perfection level.

uo is just retarded since SE. t2a era...LBR era, aos era... surely were all different but in each atleast the game took skill... now its whoever has the bigger yumi wins. and as for mage vs mage... it doesnt take long to learn to play good after you have the items. ofc starting out on UO is still as horrible as day 1, a worthless boring grind or begging for gold that can take longer than leveling a toon from 1-70 on wow.

and on the other side: leveling made easy and easily obtainable gear makes WoW worth the easy grind to level the toon of choice and get into high end-game play where the fun resides. i have a s4 lock and it is all rock/paper/scissors (balance? ofc, but a shitty type) when it comes to 1vs1 which i can live with. ofc paper can beat scissors etc if scissors sucks ass.

wow pvp takes a shitload of skill/coordination/teamwork at high end brackets, mainly because only certain class's have healing abilities.

so yea...

wow > uo if all you mean is the pvp system.

in UO you use what.... a handfull of skills/spells throughout the game... playing wow you need to know EVERY SPELL and talents your class can do, as well as EVERY SPELL and talents your opponents can do... and learn what to do and how to play vs all.

I'm not going to bother posting my thoughts, since these are dead on.

Insomniac-

Sorceror

and btw... the only people who will say UO is better, is the people who dont have or havent played a high-endgame wow toon. =/

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

Insomniac-;418839 said:
and btw... the only people who will say UO is better, is the people who dont have or havent played a high-endgame wow toon. =/

WOW has better graphics = better pvp. lawl...

J

John Doe

luigi-demise;418849 said:
WOW has better graphics = better pvp. lawl...

RUNESCAPE DUELS RIGHT NOW!! WORLD ONE VEROCK BANK

Hawken

Wanderer

A major difference that has been overlooked but is important when comparing PvP (and PvE for that matter) between the two games is what happens when one dies. At least it's important to me because it happens to me a lot...

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

Let's see when I die in UO....

I open up another client, gate with my other client and compete that way.

In wow, i don't play wow, but if i did i'd rage log.