UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

‡ THE BEST BARD TEMPLATE ‡

moodie

Sorceror
‡ THE BEST BARD TEMPLATE ‡

Hi there,
I thought about a way to earn money by killing mass monsters.
I chose the Bard.

My aim is to kill as many monsters as possible in a safe and quick way,
so I created different skill templates:

1. Standard Mage/Bard Template

GM Magery
GM Eval
GM Medi
GM Resist
GM Music
GM Provo
GM Peace

with

100 str
100 int
25 dex

--

I played with this template a couple of years ago and it was almost boring.
I provoked a lot of dragons and was running all the time. Beside that I healed myself with Magery too many times, so I lost additionally mass regs.

2. Bard/Mage Template (no resist)

GM Magery
GM Eval
GM Medi
GM Music
GM Provo
GM Peace
GM Hiding

with

100 str
100 int
25 dex

--

I used this template for one time on a test shard. It was better than the standard template because now I was able to hide without Magery. While the dragons were fighting each other, I was playing poker with my friend ^^

3. Bard/Mage/Heal Template

GM Magery
GM Medi
GM Ana
GM Heal
GM Music
GM Provo
GM Hiding

with

100 str
100 int
25 dex

--

Very interesting template. I never tested that but my friend was addicted to it and it makes definitely more fun than the first two templates. I never used Magery to kill monsters, because it was unnecessary. I just used it for recall, gating, healing and hiding^^ The only thing is, that we don't have Resisting Spells. Everyone told me it is necessary to have Resist but my friend proved the opposite ;-)

4. Bard/Hiding/Heal Template

GM Magery
GM Ana
GM Heal
GM Music
GM Provo
GM Hiding
GM Stealth

with

100 str
100 int
25 dex

--

I don't know if this template works well but it seems to be one of the best ideas I've ever seen (besides the Bard/Mage/Heal Template). It is quite the same template like the third one but here we have "Stealth" instead of Meditation.
A good Player, who knows how to play a Bard, wouldn't have any problem with this. As a money-maker-fun-Bard it would be in my opinion the best template. I don't need to heal myself with Magery, because of Ana and Healing. Only if you get poisened it would be better to cure with Magery^^. I can provoke and I don't need discordance and/or peacemaking, I think Hiding and Stealth would be more useful. You can easily leave and walk through all Dungeons without any big risks. You can easily escape when PKer noobs try to kill you. (-> Heal with bandage -> run 1/2 screen away make a turn and hide -> stealth and walk away [it worked often with my thief ] ).

Result: The second best Bard-Template is "Bard/Mage/Heal Template" and the first best is "Bard/Hiding/Heal Template".

Re: ‡ THE BEST BARD TEMPLATE ‡

I never noticed because I have never actually made a bard character only a tamer with peacemaking... but does this server not have discord? Because any bard that is going to use provoking to tackle bigger monsters needs discord.

I only say this because none of your templates include it so I assumed this server didn't have it... does it?

And if it does, why not include it in any templates?

top notch

Wanderer

mine is.. magery med resist music provoke hiding stealth..
if u die u can res and hide at dungeon entrance.. stealth in and get your loot.. saved me millions of times..

moodie

Sorceror

Moosebish said:
I never noticed because I have never actually made a bard character only a tamer with peacemaking... but does this server not have discord? Because any bard that is going to use provoking to tackle bigger monsters needs discord.

I only say this because none of your templates include it so I assumed this server didn't have it... does it?

And if it does, why not include it in any templates?

I didn't include discordance because it is unnecessary "in my opinion".
I never needed it. Other skills like healing or hiding instead of discordance would be more effective.

I use mage,med,hiding,stealth,music,peace,prov
theres really nothing that you cant do that another bard can

whats the point in music and not peacemaking? dont they help each other like magery and eval?

Kenichi- said:
whats the point in music and not peacemaking? dont they help each other like magery and eval?

Music is the base bard skill, all other bard skill percentages come from it... You need music to be successful in any other bard skill. It's not just for peace, it's for peace, provoking, and discordance...

And about discordance, it may not be "needed" but it is impossible to provo some monsters without it... so you don't need it, but if you are going to may a pure bard you shouldn't call yourself one without it...

How about his template for a bard mage.med.resist.provo.music.peace.disordance
would u think this be good in group hunts? or should i switch disordance out for eval.

Monoxide

Sorceror

Kenichi- said:
How about his template for a bard mage.med.resist.provo.music.peace.disordance
would u think this be good in group hunts? or should i switch disordance out for eval.
That's what my bard is. It should be great for either solo or team hunting by using slightly different tactics. This template is also nice because it's low risk, if you're doing all of your damage through barding skills you won't need to carry tons of regs for offensive spells.

alright, thats the template i shall atempt to make..should i gain provo then disordance then resist and mage/med?

Monoxide

Sorceror

Kenichi- said:
alright, thats the template i shall atempt to make..should i gain provo then disordance then resist and mage/med?
Resist first, then magery, the rest of your skills can be macroed with very little cost.

I went a bit out of order because I wanted to test my char by hunting.