UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

17 days in Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

hickman48

Knight
been here off and on for 8 years, sometimes i get the urge to be in doom so i camp it for about a week then stop. ive only recieved 1 arty, hat of magi. i support the point system like on osi. obviously it works and itll get people away from doing/getting raided on coon, sampires at miasma(guilty ;]), farming mel and farming gold skulls for doom. i think having a limit to the things u can do that are actually worth your time on this shard drives people away more than a legit point system in doom would. even the point system wouldnt be an instant drop and youd still have to put the time in for it.

Whats wrong with sampires at miasma?

It's so funny that when I bring this issue up I get flamed to hell but when someone else brings it to attention it's such a good idea... Like I've said in many other threads "most" people have lives these days and don't have countless hours to farm just to get a 50k SERPS fang for spending months farming to get one drop.. It's insane and staff never bring light to this issue... The easier it is to get suited for pvp the more people this server will attract. Fix the drop rates ASAP, and no I'm not saying make it so easy that its no challenge to get suited, I'm saying make it reasonable so people actually take it serious

Fyriis

Wanderer
i feel the same way smoker, your best bet on this shard right now is to farm blessings for mel for the 1% chance to get a CC. The CC is a powerful item, and i completely understand the reason the drop is rare however i feel i have a better chance farming mel than i do farming guantlet. lol

i feel the same way smoker, your best bet on this shard right now is to farm blessings for mel for the 1% chance to get a CC. The CC is a powerful item, and i completely understand the reason the drop is rare however i feel i have a better chance farming mel than i do farming guantlet. lol
I won't step foot into the gauntlet with the current system, I'm not that dumb to get my character stuck in a place I have no chance of making gold without playing until my eyes bleed, not to mention its the most boring thing uo has to offer.

Fyriis

Wanderer
i recently came back after about a year and a half break, i read about the point system and got excited. i spent about 3 days at 4 - 5 hours a day doing guantlet and realized it was no different than back in 05-06. said fuck it, ill farm gold for arties. now i have to recall to 3 or 4 different spots before i can find somewhere someone hasnt already set up camp at. then people come in and i leave and start the cycle over again.

hickman48

Knight

Btw its 2.5% for cc drop chance.
I won't step foot into the gauntlet with the current system, I'm not that dumb to get my character stuck in a place I have no chance of making gold without playing until my eyes bleed, not to mention its the most boring thing uo has to offer.

That is cool but lady mel is not doom relevant post is relevant.

xantier

Sorceror
There's absolutely no reason to get your character on gauntlet with those loot packs. You are not allowed to do anything else but to kill those creatures with ronin-tier lootpacks. This is way more boring than lumberjacking, at least lumberjacking awards you with special resources you can do something with. Nah, I'd rather go kill some Swoop or Miasma.

lord apollo

Sorceror
I never ventured into the gauntlet before the point system so I can't comment on the way it was before. After they introduced the point system though I did load up my blue beetle with supplies and I camped in the gauntlet for about 5 days straight playing a couple of hours each night. That trip I left with a tunic of fire, a hom, and a ring of the vile.

My second trip I burned about 10k arrows over the course of 5-6 nights and never got anything.

I just recently went back to the gauntlet this past sunday, played a couple hours that night, and a couple hours yesterday and I received Divine Countenance. I'll probably be in the gauntlet until the end of the week playing a couple hours each night so I guess it will be interesting to see if I get any more drops. I'm not counting on it, but we will see. Overall I feel like i've been properly rewarded for the time I've put into the grind.

Btw its 2.5% for cc drop chance.

That is cool but lady mel is not doom relevant post is relevant.
God you never fail to amaze me, you'll make the most fucking retarded posts just to get a chance to reply to me. This thread isn't about "LADY MEL" rofl, it's about doom and I was making a statement to him, not about his post.. Hop the fuck off my dick you little fag virgin.

God you never fail to amaze me, you'll make the most fucking retarded posts just to get a chance to reply to me. This thread isn't about "LADY MEL" rofl, it's about doom and I was making a statement to him, not about his post.. Hop the fuck off my dick you little fag virgin.

Interesting Ignore tactic. Will try in future.

Kiluad

Sorceror
I've been there a week, no drops.

If the drop rate isn't going to be OSI accurate, can we at least get something else not OSI accurate in there to make it somewhat tolerable, anything. like new boss's. or preventing dark farther from casting vengeful spirit on himself like a champ.

it should be noted that im in a bad mood cause im sick of being in doom, and just want an arty to drop so i can leave and never go back.

I've been there a week, no drops.

If the drop rate isn't going to be OSI accurate, can we at least get something else not OSI accurate in there to make it somewhat tolerable, anything. like new boss's. or preventing dark farther from casting vengeful spirit on himself like a champ.

it should be noted that im in a bad mood cause im sick of being in doom, and just want an arty to drop so i can leave and never go back.

We'r osi clone bro... :rolleyes:

Still shocked that nothing has changed after all the discussion. Just give up :<

There are quite few discussion about this subject. Eos replied only in the thread that she was announcing the new DPS.
I think we might not have any changes on this, since we had no statement after players feedback were made.

Kiluad

Sorceror
We'r osi clone bro... :rolleyes:

Still shocked that nothing has changed after all the discussion. Just give up :<

What shocks me is that it doesn't even have drops rates kinda similar to anything else in the game, i was going to test doom on osi, but that's pointless, orny's do not have a drop rate 1000 - 10000 times higher than CCs.

I'm just sick of being in doom with nothing to show for it, but wasted time, I don't know how other people do it. at least with peerless you get random junk to put in your house, and you can do other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.