UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

2010 Summer Festival 7/4/2010

Ferris

Page
2010 Summer Festival 7/4/2010

Hear Ye, Hear Ye! The lands of Demise are buzzing with news of the gypsy caravan making its way through the countryside, stopping with exciting news of a festival.

You are invited to enjoy an afternoon of events hosted by the Demise Staff. Below is the schedule of events. Events are only being held over a short period of time due to the holiday and other family commitments.

SATURDAY, July 3rd
Story Contest: Opening for Entries
Please drop off your story contest entries at the West Brit Bank (Trammel). Entries are to be written in one book with a theme of "independence" or "freedom" and should be kept in role play fashion.

To make an entry, write your story in one book. Put that book in a bag. In the same back, put another book with your player character name, house coordinates (coordinates in uo razor), forum username, and email. This ensures we can contact you.

Entries will be accepted until early Sunday morning (approximately 8am EST).

SUNDAY, July 4th
Festival Open: 10am EST
The start of the festival opens the grounds up to individuals to explore. It also grants access to the Open Champ Spawn and sign-ups for the Dart Tournament.

To sign up for the dart tournament, place your character's name in a book. Put that book into a bag and drop it off in the sign-up box at the fairgrounds. To be eligible, your character must be online and not unattended at the start of the dart tournament. Once the dart tournament begins, if you come back later, it will be too late.

The grounds will be open for the duration of the festival. During the festival, aside from the scheduled events, players will have access to the open champ spawn, lottery stones, lotto vendors, and mini-games like Let's Make a Deal and Mage Poker. PvP games will also be played throughout the day.

Net Toss: 10:15am EST
The classic net toss is back for this festival. A gate will be provided at the festival grounds (not a regular event gate). An event healer will be provided. Come out and kill. What is your prize? Anything you can loot!

After the net toss is over, the area will remain open for fishing. The event healer will not be available once the net toss has ended.

Find the Lost Pet: 11am EST
The staff have been training their pets for weeks to avoid players at all costs! Find a pet, win a prize - the game is simple... or is it?

Dart Tournament: 12pm EST
Does your score add up to a winning combination? You get three throws per round - may your luck get you through to the top three.

Scavenger Hunt: 1pm EST
Come on out and sign up for a scavenger hunt. The facet won't be revealed until hunt time!

Festival Close: 2pm EST
The festival is going to come to a close. The story contest winner will be announced and fireworks will be shot. The winner of the story contest does not have to be present to win.

All Day Events:
There are plenty of events that will be going on throughout the scheduled festival time without a specific time itself.

Deal or No Deal: Enjoy a UO version of one of television's newest gameshows.

Mage Poker: Can you cast the right hand on command? Prove it to win!

Let's Make a Deal: Can you make the right choice and walk away a winner?

Open Champ: There will be an open champ spawn in Malas. The gate is located at the north side of the festival grounds.

Open Fishing: After the net toss, meander out to the net toss area and throw a few nets of your own. Nothing like high sea fishing with the comforts of shore.

PvP Events: Instead of putting PvP on the schedule, we will be running PvP tournaments throughout the day. Keep an eye out for event gates to know when its time for blood shed!

Lottery Stones/Lotto Vendors: Sometimes you have to spend it to make it! Test your luck!

Pont

Knight
Re: 2010 Summer Festival 7/4/2010

Nooooooooooooooooooo! Not Sunday 7th July! Oh well guess I'll be missing these due to IRL.

Have fun everyone. :)

uome

Bug Hunter

meekhiro;756285 said:
Pont=calendar fail?
Lol yeah, maybe he's drunk again.
To be fair though it should be 04/07/2010 for the non Americans. :p
Looking forward to attending what i can, thanks staff.

hugoboss

Sorceror

whoa... can it be??? SHE'S BACK?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• ASC.jpg
    ASC.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 157

you see: Ferris

[set name "Ancient Seer Crimson"

you see: Ancient Seer Crimson

I think that is.

hugoboss

Sorceror

check it owt... coolness factor x100

(Lady in purple.. this doesn't mean you have bragging rights! :p)

Attachments

• Crimson BAD.jpg
    Crimson BAD.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 154

LC always talked with pure RED speech color.

I tell you, she's Ferris crossdressing :p

hugoboss

Sorceror

we have to get her in a small room with Khephren.. only HE will know for sure......

Alibi

Wanderer

hey just wanna thank the admins for hosting the festival. I popped in but didn't stay long, have to get ready for company; But it's awesome to see this kind of effort to create social events and entertain the community you guys rock!

Also deal or no deal was pretty cool, if only we can do something like a minute to win it or a trivia games like 1 vs 100 (ohhh with custom gump! no questions needed just a gump with ABCD and register the answer, gm ask the question and give the players 10 seconds to answer then reveal the correct answer and if player chose the correct answer he stays and the wrong answer teleports the player to a room full or balrons!)

hell make it a goldsink, 10k or 100k winnar takes 90%

I digress. You guys rock, keep up the good work!

ne14pic

Sorceror

how many statues did the top scavangers have i had 98 and didnt even place

das3

Sorceror

Thanks staff and everyone who was involved. I hope everyone got at least some fun outta it. :)

Sintoo

Sorceror

ne14pic;756477 said:
how many statues did the top scavangers have i had 98 and didnt even place

150 Statues was the winning number.

*Applauds all around to staff and participants*

Day's like this make's it fun to play.

Just I wanted to give my compliments to the staff. Looks like this series of event were really enjoyable. Even if I haven't partecipated in anything due to RL issues, I'm happy when there are events.

Again, thank you.

Catnip

Sorceror

I made the scavenger hunt. Watched a few minutes of deal or no deal. Then the festival closed. Logged on later in the evening and some of the staff had opened things back up! That was very cool of them. Then there was that murder event.
Thanks for the fun staff!!

That Guy

Sorceror

I was just a little curious what ever happened with the story contest. I never found out who won, or what happened to the books with the stories.

I got a couple different answers from different staffers, but still not sure what happened.

The events were well thought out, and i take my hat off to you guys, very fun. Hope i can be around for whatever else you have in store for us =]

Catnip

Sorceror

I think it was announced that Dirty Jeremiah won the story contest. It was either right before the scavenger hunt started or right when we got back.

Selkie

Sorceror

I was also curious as to what happened regarding the story contest. What Catnip said is news to me, though I suppose the bag on Dirty Jeremiah's doorstep backs his claim.

I want to echo those before me in thanking the staff; the events were fun and it's always nice to have a change of pace on the server.

Catnip

Sorceror

Selkie;756786 said:
I was also curious as to what happened regarding the story contest. What Catnip said is news to me, though I suppose the bag on Dirty Jeremiah's doorstep backs his claim.

I want to echo those before me in thanking the staff; the events were fun and it's always nice to have a change of pace on the server.

It wasn't his claim....one of the staff announced it while we were at the scavenger hunt area.