UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

:(

Lucifall

Knight
Re: :(

FroSPAWNzeN;486207 said:
oMg.... my avarage ping is about 300-400 all the time... NO WONDER I SUCK in pvp :(

You should consider checking the date of the threads you post in.

Blacula

Knight

FroSPAWNzeN;486207 said:
oMg.... my avarage ping is about 300-400 all the time... NO WONDER I SUCK in pvp :(

I really don't owe you this, but....

The -ping command is incredibly inaccurate, I posted a thread a while back detailing on the correct way to check your ping (you could search...) but for now I'll indulge you.

Start > Run > cmd.exe
(and when it opens) type:
ping login.uodemise.com

Razor says I ping 250-300 avg. which is a joke, and cmd.exe says 120-135 so one can see how inaccurate -ping is. It's also the reason Chun (and many other foreign mages) use(s) crappy Razor ma/fb loops to compete with U.S. players instead of manually casting spells. An example if you will:

"700 PING! :(" - An FM member who always ran faster than me, yet spammed ma/fb loops.

I hope this has helped you, if you have any more questions about reducing lag in UO, PM me.
Otherwise, enjoy your day.

Blacula

Knight

THREAD HIJACK!

These guys weren't so happy today (the last one was a thrill for sure):

Attachments

• Blacula_12-5_03.49.jpg
    Blacula_12-5_03.49.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Blacula_12-4_22.05.jpg
    Blacula_12-4_22.05.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Blacula_12-4_22.06.jpg
    Blacula_12-4_22.06.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Blacula_12-4_22.30-1.jpg
    Blacula_12-4_22.30-1.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 53
  • my first 1v4 victory-comment.jpg
    my first 1v4 victory-comment.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 60

Blacula

Knight

Footnote: The top screenshot is from a different server because I RPV'ed part of the fight with the new 6.0.8 client and had to watch it on a 6.0.4 client on another server. RPVs ftw! :>

gugutz

Knight

Blacula;486216 said:
I really don't owe you this, but....

The -ping command is incredibly inaccurate...

Wrong.
The game ping command check a bit of every type of data UO uses, that includes the terrain you are in, how many people are on screen and the quantity of mobs/items in a certain area around you.

So if anything is unnacurate is the cmd ping.
One thing is to send one byte do uodemise.com and receive it back.
Another is to send several types of data, that you use all the time in the game, and receive them back.

Always use the -ping command inside the game. Thats the best way to check your real UO ping.

Blacula

Knight

gugutz;486547 said:
Wrong.
The game ping command check a bit of every type of data UO uses, that includes the terrain you are in, how many people are on screen and the quantity of mobs/items in a certain area around you.

So if anything is unnacurate is the cmd ping.
One thing is to send one byte do uodemise.com and receive it back.
Another is to send several types of data, that you use all the time in the game, and receive them back.

Always use the -ping command inside the game. Thats the best way to check your real UO ping.

......but my computer doesn't suck :(

My point has been verified by several more intelligent and skilled UO players than yourself, so you fail. That is all.

gugutz

Knight

Blacula;486774 said:
......but my computer doesn't suck :(

My point has been verified by several more intelligent and skilled UO players than yourself, so you fail. That is all.

Intelligent, in this particular case, is very relative, if they said to you the cmd command ping is acurate and uo ping isnt. And i presume you didnt participate on this test yourself, since you mentioned the word "skilled".

Anyway, you can keep thinking you have a nicer ping that you actually have using the cmd command. Im just telling whats real based on solid facts.

What you got?

Blacula

Knight

gugutz;486842 said:
Intelligent, in this particular case, is very relative, if they said to you the cmd command ping is acurate and uo ping isnt. And i presume you didnt participate on this test yourself, since you mentioned the word "skilled".

Anyway, you can keep thinking you have a nicer ping that you actually have using the cmd command. Im just telling whats real based on solid facts.

What you got?

...says the guy who was asking me to teach him mage pvp. :\

Also, 130 ping sakoskaosk.