UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

8/11/2004 - Hybrid Patch Notes

There are a lot more reason to gate from a house than to fish. This is probably being fixed because a dev member or a dev friend got fish and complain how stupid it was. Probably the spies got tied of following people gate to their death, thinking "I am blue so if they kill I can give count", then ends up in someone house, flagged grey and get ganked for following the hunting party.

IF someone goes in a gate to someone else gate, they deserve what they get. THis is a stupid fix, why not spend more time making it harder to cheat in the game, like speed hacking.

Yeah, this is stupid. If I want to get someone killed, I'll gate them to the middle of a dungeon, not to my house. People should learn to read the notice that asks if you want to go through the gate that appears to gates that aren't to towns.

Aragorn said:
IF someone goes in a gate to someone else gate, they deserve what they get. THis is a stupid fix, why not spend more time making it harder to cheat in the game, like speed hacking.

I agree. You have a choice. To walk in or not and if you can't dodge the gate by moving your wrist like 20 degrees or whatever than you got another problem. IMO, this is a trammy fix.

Atriox

Sorceror
That's awsome.. very annoying when you cast a gate to somewhere and random people walk through (not gate fishing or whatnot)..

Could also be neat for faction raids or whatnot.. the opposing faction wouldn't see the gate then people would just randomly start showing up.. hehehe

That sounds like way more of a problem then getting gate fished.

I think just simply a messege that says you are about to enter someone's house would be a lot better, just like the one from leaving guards zone. That would fix the ninja gate hopping exploit and keep the stupid from getting killed.

Atriox

Sorceror
I thought of something else: fishing people to a house to kill them on OSI was not illegal, but trapping people was. That makes more sense to me since being able to take a gate into a house is needed a lot more than people fish others into them.

Janeson

Wanderer
I understand this is a statement on the update (thanks for the info) and not a suggestion open for discussion, but I see it's being discussed so don't mind if I do. :)

I don't agree with the update. A few people here had some intelligent responses that listed some of the cons.

I think it would be horrible having people popping up in hotspots out of nowhere. I think this would really be taken advantage of as like Character Name is already looking forward to it.

Omg, it already gives the gump you're leaving guards. We definitely don't need another gump saying you're going into a house (In reference to: Fulgores' suggestion)

I just don't agree with it and that's all I really wanted to say. :)

I've actually never gate fished, I just don't like the idea of it being illegal, its just too much like nazi style u cant do anything fun OSI

Archioli

Wanderer
I personally hate it when someone advertises for a vendor and then you go in the gate to be killed by a couple reds. Making sure to gate outside my house is just going to take some getting used to, but I'm glad for the fix.

bongorock

Wanderer
I happen to agree with Ryan. He made his decision and he will stick with it. He created this and he can run it any way he wants. Its not like osi or making it like tram. Its preventing people from thinking about doing it is all. People could actually open a gate for a friend, someone else walk in and are those people going to ask before they kill him? Nah, they are dropping the dude without question. Even if they are not fishing for them. And the problem is the other dude might have thought he was going into a buddies gate. I kinda like the idea about saying its going into a house or even say who opened the gate. That way you would know who it is before. But don't bash Ryan for making a decision. He provides this all for free and its damn good for free. You can always go play another shitty one or even worse osi.

Exivus

Sorceror
I agree..

I'm so sick of the stupid whining. If Ryan has the shard at 98% of what Ultima Online is supposed to be then %10 of you are going to bitch constantly about the 2% he tweaks. Get a life.

Janeson

Wanderer
So if we decide to voice our opinions and they are in not in favor it is called "bitching?"

Sorry, I just don't see to much "bitching" or "Ryan bashing" in this thread.. I see 98% of the posters in this thread maturely speaking their opinions.

Maybe you two should get a life and let us say what we want.

.........Fuck off.

Exivus

Sorceror
*lol*

You idiot.

Say whatever you want. I can't stop you from posting like a moron. I can however call anyone's bullshit. Again, I'm addressing anyone bitching... if you are maturely discussing the issue, then I'm not talking about you. Since you took so much offense, you're calling yourself out, then contradicting yourself. Please.

The comments I read in the first page of this thread alone were not constructive -- they were bitching, quite frankly, for the sake of bitching. Then I read people baiting Ryan like some whiny mall rat who's being told not to skateboard and bitching about how lame it is and his "rights".

Please stop being an ignorant hippy.

Oh.. and do you think ya made me "fuck off"? *lol*

Im not bitching here but like a few before me said... this is a bad fix to a small problem... ive not seen anyone bitching about gate fishing before this patch and now being a PK this make things alot more difficult. Its screwed me and Divinity a few times.... especially when tamer red hunter newbs live beside you and to get a crew from the house out youve gotta deal with 2 drags and some mares..... this is just my personal experiance and i kno its mutch diffrent if you dont live on the little part of ice that i do but still.... a pain in the ass IMO

Aragorn said:
There are a lot more reason to gate from a house than to fish. This is probably being fixed because a dev member or a dev friend got fish and complain how stupid it was. Probably the spies got tied of following people gate to their death, thinking "I am blue so if they kill I can give count", then ends up in someone house, flagged grey and get ganked for following the hunting party.

im pretty sure there is no way to stop speed hacking
its not like its made for uo it works by speeding up your entire system , i could be wrong

I don't think bait gating was much of a problem. It's going to be more difficult not to get friends of mine in my house when it's under siege.