UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

a lot of ideas but..no actions..

a lot of ideas but..no actions..

i see a lot of people recently talking about new RP guilds but no one is doing anything about it..so how about we actually make this work and get the RP community up again..

Sirkah

Sorceror
Re: a lot of ideas but..no actions..

tbh i dont understand why people pvm and rp on a 12 year old video game.

only reason i play today is for pvp. only thing the other games havent copied off this game.

Aloysius

Wanderer

Sirkah;1909904 said:

only reason i play today is for pvp. only thing the other games havent copied off this game.

Matter of fact no other game's ever given the same tools UO does for RP. It's not just about the strict fact of RP'ing like giving in to some kind of compulsion. It's that the kind of RP you can achieve in UO is far more immersive than any other MMO out there because you got so many tools. You can more or less create the character you want right down to details that are more significant than in full 3d games where you can supposedly customize your actual character more, except not. You can interact with the world to a level of depth unrivaled by anything out there. This gives you social tools that simply don't exist outside of UO. And I'm only speaking of in-game tools here. Then there's the tools outside of the game.

UO's been the greatest experience because of the alchemy of its elements. UO's always been more than the sum of its parts. I've seen countless people claiming they'd understood UO and were in situation to recreate classic UO, most of the time in their mind it goes through the so-called classic PvP system and the Felucca ruleset and the appeal of their stuff is limited and their server fails no matter how talented the devs in the first place. The big news is that UO PvP and Felucca ruleset were only one of the working components of UO's greatness. So were the working tradeskills system, the economy, the housing and the RP. Take either of those elements out of the equation and your "classic UO" is crippled and cant stand upright. The cement doesn't take off. Server admins have trouble figuring that out. The fact UO's way old and has old graphics isn't a real deterrent to potential players. People only believe it is because it's the next easiest thing to assume to explain the lack of appeal of a given server or UO experience. It's just that as old players who've known our game in its best shape and form we tend to assume people should learn to appreciate the inherent greatness of our dusty old thing. I'm digressing.

As for the lot of ideas and lack of action, as a rather recent settler on the whole Hybrid thing for one I'm still figuring things out and learning ropes and trying to bring friends along. If I find a climate that doesn't kill off my seeds right away, I'll definitely participate.

Cheers.

Amazonia

Sorceror

Sirkah;1909904 said:

PvM = Money or All-Kill-Uncontroleable-Mania, or training my mares in my case.
PvP = To Kill, and try to be the top PvPers of the shard, for most of the people.
Rp = Like reading a book except that you live your character, you enter in a narrative universe.

Speedy-hybrid;1909542 said:
i see a lot of people recently talking about new RP guilds but no one is doing anything about it..so how about we actually make this work and get the RP community up again..

So what guild or events are you creating?

I can't wait to join your guild!

Vek

Sorceror

Lord Coldiron;1910750 said:
As soon my the Guardsmen website is finished I will begin recruiting.

Awesome, AIM me if you get a chance id like to talk :D

Elthryn

Wanderer

Amazonia;1910455 said:
PvM = Money or All-Kill-Uncontroleable-Mania, or training my mares in my case.
PvP = To Kill, and try to be the top PvPers of the shard, for most of the people.
Rp = Like reading a book except that you live your character, you enter in a narrative universe.

^this

Red Star

Wanderer

Speedy-hybrid;1909542 said:

Actually, what you need to do is stop making seperate ideas and merge them all into one. So join in on the old threads, instead.