UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Abbreviations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Abbreviations

Nottheking said:
Another is that "M" happens to be the roman numeral for the number 1,000,000. Lastly, "M" is the first letter of "million" so it could work even that way.

I hate to nitpick, but M is 1,000 in Roman numerals.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the thread; you've helped noobs like myself a great deal.

WhiteZero

Sorceror

Erm... can we get a copy of this sticky put into the Trading forums? Since thats where it would really be the most usefull.

KillemallCFH said:
I hate to nitpick, but M is 1,000 in Roman numerals.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the thread; you've helped noobs like myself a great deal.
Yeah, my bad; I realized that not long after posted, but decided not to correct myself. The roman sybol for a million is 'M', not 'M'. (the underline is the difference...)

yyun006

Wanderer

lordwolfx said:
Roman Numerals?

LMao

Looking for MMMMXXIVVI Of Each Reg, Trading XXXXVII GOld

For MMMXXIVVI
IVVI just doesn't make sense...
er... for XXXXVII It should be XLVII (47)
After 4 you skip to the next character

Even a chemistry student know that...

lindo53

Wanderer

what happened with that guild? i asked because i was checking on the off topic section and some people from bulgaria i think were recruiting but only people who speaked their language and some people were saying that FoA is dead and stuff like that, thanks for answering my question

not sure, but if i remeber corectly pbguy had these words as a signature some months ago

"I kicked FoA out of demise, go me :D"

or somehting like that lol, so there goes your answer

jharris

Wanderer

Thanks for the great guide! It helped a returning player figure out what the hell everyone was talking about. I still didn't remember half the items to I decided to look them up.

In other words my Monday night that should have been spent studying for a Psych final (or any of the other five upcoming exams, for that matter.) was better spent:

ORNY = Ornament of the Magician
TOTEM = Spirit of the Totem
ARCANE = Arcane Shield
AOF = Armor of Fortune
AOH = Axe of the Heavens
BOI = Blade of Insanity
BOH = Bracelet of Health
BOR/BOTR = Blade of the Righteous
BREATH/BOTD = Breath of the Dead
ELEMENTS/ROE = Ring of the Elements
HL = Horselord
HOM = Hat of the Magi
HOI = Helm of Insight
HKBP = Holy Knight's Breastplate
HH = Hunter's Headress
JACKS/JACKALLS = Jackall's Collar
LEGACY = Legacy of the Dread Lord
BANES = Leggings of Bane
ORNATE CROWN = Ornate Crown of the Harrower
VILE/ROTV = Ring of the Vile
SOM = Staff of the Magi
TASK = Taskmaster
ZERKER= Berserker's Maul
ZYRON/ZC = Zyronic Claw
DRYAD/DB = The Dryad Bow
TOF = Tunic of Fire
VOICE/VOFK = Voice of the Fallen King
KASA = Kasa of the Raj-in
PIGS = Pigments of Tokuno
RBC = Rune Beetle Carapace
GRIPS/STORM(S) = Stormgrips
SHADOW DANCER'S/SDL = Shadow Dancer Leggings
SOS/STAMPEDE = Sword of the Stampede (Possibly the SOS item as well)
SOI = Shield of Invulnerability
SOP = Swords of Prosperity
TOME/TOLK = Tome of lost knowledge
HOL = Heart of the Lion
VC = Violet Courage
BLAZE = Blaze of Death
QUACK'S/QUACK'S CUTLASS = Captain Quacklebush's cutlass
DPH = Dread Pirate Hat
PUGS = Gloves of the Pugilist
NOX RANGER'S/NOX BOW = Nox Ranger's Heavy Crossbow
BOD = Bulk order Deed
SRSK = Spined runic sewing kit
HRSK = Horned runic sewing kit
BRSK = Barbed runic sewing kit
ASH = Ancient smithing hammer (Usually followed by the skill of the increase)
CBD/CBDS = Clothing bless deed
PS = Powerscroll
ARTY = Artifact
MARTY/MARTIES = Minor artifact
TOT(S) = Treasures of Tokuno
LTOT = Lesser Treasure of Tokuno
GTOT = Greater Treasure of Tokuno
I didn't remove any of the items. If you want to quote & copy/paste, feel free. If not, I won't be offended. It gave me something to do anyway :)

Cheers,
Neckbeard.

PS- I can send you a copy of the raw post if you'd like to add it in. Just PM me :)

I fixed up the list. Here's some of the changes:

-Alphabetized. All items are put in alphabetical order so it's easier to find something. Before it was just items thrown into the list.

-Headings in bold and italics. Makes it easier to read and split up sections

-Abbreviations bolded for quicker scanning through what's an abbreviation and what's the definition.

-New additions. Mostly in the slang/game terms area but I added a few new additions to the other lists too.

Lysol

Wanderer

ftw - a gang or jail/prison abbreviation gotten as a tattoo meaning: "Fuck the World"

gamers can call it whatever they want. for teh win lol

xaxas

Wanderer

Way to revive a dead thread, but...

Actually, what many people may not know is that FoA is not only an abbreviation for Followers of Abraxas, the once biggest bulgarian guild in the shard (now dead, most players moved to an european shard due to lag issues) but it also stands for Followers of Armageddon, a cult that tried to cast the Armageddon spell (using blackrock as a reagent). The history books say that they were the ones that destroyed Lost Lands and gave it that strange relief. That is when the passages between Britania and the Lost lands were first opened, aka T2A.

For the interested - here is the story: http://uo.stratics.com/secrets/bio/b_zogcabal.shtml

repiovesana

Sorceror

Don't know if it has been explained already, I haven't read the thread to the end...

The kk thing is very popular among Brazilian players, because the word Mil means Thousand in portuguese, so if brazilian people say 10mil to other brazilian people, that could be misunderstood as 10 thousand gold.

But the math thing that has been explained is also true, and that is where the KK come from. The above is just an explaination to why people use it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.