UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Accepted use of language (OOC)

mdwright

Wanderer
Accepted use of language (OOC)

Hello.

I was wondering what you all thought about languages. I know the Orcs speak in various degrees of broken English, but what about the other races? Do we commonly speak in "common" or "human" or plain old English? What about the elves? Elvish, Elven? The Drow, do they speak their own sub-language?

I haven't run in to many RPers outside of my guilds (Where we speak what would be considered "common") and I would hate to be caught with my proverbial pants down if I ran into one of you great people.

Thanks
-Eliezer

Two Wolves

Knight
Re: Accepted use of language (OOC)

What a great question.

Drow and Wolf Clan have some of their own vocabulary, but speak "common" in between. Yew actually slings the most advanced word replacement vernacular that resembles a heavy accent, and I am quoting here:

"
*hammers up a notice on the guardhouse wall*
*written in huge big scribbly letters*

WARRNING ALL CITIZENS!

THERE BE A WYTCH ONNA LOOSE IN NEARABOUTS YEW! BE WARNE THAT SAID WYTCH BE A LIKER OF FIRE AND SHES TRIED TER BURN DOWN OUR CITY!

HER NAME BE LUCY WITH AN VERY UGLY FACE LIEK THAT O' A HORRIBLE MONSTER AN' SHE LIVES INNA COTTAGE INNA FOREST!

IF YE SEES THIS WYTCH, LOCK YE DOORS AND STAY INSIDE AND CALL THA GUARDS!

DO NOT LET HER BURN OUR CITYE DOON!

YOUR GUARD

TESTRI"

There used to be a RP alliance, DRP that enforced RP and had standards. That passed out of favor, replaced with a more accessible DAA that has guilds of all types including RP guilds and does not enforce RP.

That being said, if you find us and want to get in on the act, your lol and = ) once in a while is typically overlooked.

I am a ravenous collector of RP guilds. Let me know what guild you are with and if there is anything else I can help with.

mdwright

Wanderer

We've actually met before, but I think my old forum account was purged. It's Burian from a while ago. I still run the Blackfeather Merchant Co. with a few friends and have started an Orc Clan, evil caster guild and a sort of heroic "do-gooders" guild.

Our abbreviations are [Dark], [Co.], [Grin] and [Lord]. We're always hanging about Moonglow, so stop by and pay us a visit! (I'm still registered at rpring, just haven't logged in in a while - just got back to UO.)

Bjorg

Wanderer

mdwright;608128 said:
We've actually met before, but I think my old forum account was purged. It's Burian from a while ago. I still run the Blackfeather Merchant Co. with a few friends and have started an Orc Clan, evil caster guild and a sort of heroic "do-gooders" guild.

Our abbreviations are [Dark], [Co.], [Grin] and [Lord]. We're always hanging about Moonglow, so stop by and pay us a visit! (I'm still registered at rpring, just haven't logged in in a while - just got back to UO.)

Glad to have ye back.

Two Wolves is correct in that some of us are good at accents/language and others are doing good to string sentences together. Our Alliance welcomes all kinds and tries to encourage those who aren't as savvy to learn more. We would always be glad to have you join us for an outing or join the alliance.

You can find some information here on these forums, but more extensive information can be found on the RPRing.

Thanks for the question!

Bjorg