UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Adopt-a-deathrobe!

Octavian

Wanderer
I agree with the idea of giving them the capability of being cut up. It would definitely take care of the problem ^^

Dead-Eye said:
Ive Seen Vuriiguys Castle Holy Crap It Is Being Filled With Hundreds Of Deatjrobes Like This Place Is Packed With Them Adn The First Floor Isnt Even Filled Yet Its Huge I Was Wlaking Trhough Minoc Today When I Saw Them And Was Like It Must Be The Guy On The Forum Post And It Was This Place Is Packed With Deathrobes. Its Gonna Be A Bitch To Clean That Out Hahahahaha

-dead-eye

Where is that castle?

Gordred

Wanderer
Deathrobe suggestion

I had a thought, what if the deathrobe said who it came from and what killed it? Wouldnt people be more apt to throw away robes slightly more often? Anyhow just a thought.

Cronus

and his amazing friends
Astralas said:
I agree with the idea of giving them the capability of being cut up. It would definitely take care of the problem ^^

So instead of BOD runners we'd have "death robe runners" so people could get free cloth/bandages. I don't see that happening any time soon/ever.

Ferris said:
Doesn;t matter what it yields, when you can die and res in a matter of seconds it's not as low profit as you may think. Assuming you were to create a death macro that killed you and took a step toward let's say the luna healers. That might take 2 seconds at the very most if you do it right. That's nearly 50k bandages in 23 hours. Not a bad haul for free if you ask me. That's also 100k gold just to an npc healer. Sell them in bulk on a vendor and you can triple that I'm sure.

Let's not forget that anyone with knowledge of how to make a good macro could half the time and pull in around 90k bandages in that same 23 hours. All of that, just from dying and turning a death robe into 1 single bandage.

Ofcourse, as you say it is resource macroing. This is true, but some people are that stupid.

Sure it all sounds like small beans, but assume they were given a different value, to match that of a player crafted robe in earned cloth, where does that leave you? It really doesn't matter either way, someone will do it if that change is put in. Hell, who wouldn;t be happy to pull in a couple of million gold every 5 days just doing jack shit?

So, you say it isn;t much, but it's my job to see that even 1 bandage from 1 death robe is really alot more than it needs to be.

Well maby u see it all wrong :)

death robe = 1 bandage..

Now how to get ressed there are some ways.
Magic ( assuming 100% lrc)
healing skill
chiv (assuming 100% lrc)
a wandering healer.

Cutting the robe gives 1 bandage..

lets take 'em one by one.
magery, well if u have 100% lrc, u would make more cash with create food and sell it. (requires less mana also, did that on OSI myself...ya ya its lame i know)

Healing skill...well only one bandage from the robe, so it is kinda pointless...

chiv this is one of the better options, with 100% lrc u can do the noble sacrifice for free...but u loose all life etc etc down to one, and it requires alot of mana..Bad idea in general, regen takes too long.

So the only real option is a wandering healer..Still it's not worth the trouble.
Those buggars tent to run to one point to another from time to time.

My suggestion is very simple, make the death robes only droppable in trash/chest-cans etc :)
And eitable with no effect.

I still like the 1 bandage best :) .oO ( who said blessed sissors...?? )

jacin

Wanderer
kajcake said:
magery, well if u have 100% lrc, u would make more cash with create food and sell it. (requires less mana also, did that on OSI myself...ya ya its lame i know)
is that considered reasource gathering?
i was gonna read the definition of the unattended reasource gathering rule but i cant seem to find it here anymore.

Amaruve

Wanderer
the real solution to this problem would be to make death robes NOT blessed. as it is when you retrieve your corpse the deathrobe you are wearing is destroyed. the reason deathrobes are not getting destroyed by this process is because people die repeatedly before ever retrieving their corpse. if deathrobes were not blessed then every time you die going to your corpse the robe would drop into your new corpse rather than your inventory wwhich will eventually cause it to end up returning with you to town once you have reobtained your corpse.

on another note: i dyed my deathrobe a spiffy puke brown and everytime i die i actually have to re-equip my puke brown dathrobe because it's blessed and rather than being on my corpse when i return to it it is in my inventory. so when i "quickly gather my things" my puke brown robe is not included. however if i toss my new grey deathrobe on the floor and equip my brown robe early it is not my new grey robe but my lovely puke brown robe that is destroyed when I retrieve my corpse. this is just one more flaw with deathrobes being blessed.

KRISTJAN

Wanderer
make them hooded, and cutable

I think that the dead person is very shy for being killed so by making them hooded { thus no name is shown of the hooded person ( I could give the admins this script ) } ppl would keep it till they reach their corps and apart from this they are really nice :D . Apart from this, if they can be thorn into bandagers, soldiers can use it to heal back after dieing and have found their corps (for the sicors) .

Sorry for my English.
The Don :eek:

Dathras

Sorceror
kajcake said:
My suggestion is very simple, make the death robes only droppable in trash/chest-cans etc

Ok so you die repeatedly, gather your items, and are overweight from the deathrobes.
Yes that is strretching it, but it is still weight in your bag that you can not get rid of.

How about the simple solution of when you get rez'd the deathrobe is deleted right then. No longer in the pack, no longer on the ground.

Kalana

Wanderer
Demise Cleanng Crew!!

I know a large part of the first 5-10 mins that i go anywhere minutly popularted is picking up all the death robes people have dropped and taking em to a trash barrel. Not the best use of my time but i remember what it was like to have the slow connection.....When i lost internet for a few months i was using the connection from my cell phone to get on, on the computer!! :eek:
Somtimes it makes me really frustrated to see like 15 death robes dropped 4-5 squares from a trash barrel....come on all 5 squares....what can it hurt to go a little farther???

Nazukatsu

Wanderer
What if you could only have one death robe at a time? Any other possibilities to get one would result in a check and a cancellation of the attempt. Add to this by having death robes only discardable through containers, as previously suggested. I think that would clear up the problem.

Valcrist

Wanderer
Why don't you just make it cutable, and make no profit to come out of it, like "You cut up the robe, but salvaged nothing", and poof its gone?

Thing is someone would need -tools- to cut it. :/

Nazukatsu

Wanderer
Being naked upon ressurection is not favourable to all. Because we aren't going to convince the general populus to simply bin them, a 1-robe restriction and drop restriction would work, I think.

On a shard I once played on we did have nude rebirth, and, honestly, I missed the poor things. It was rare to find someone who had one, and I treasured my last death robe more than my life.

Dathras

Sorceror
I really find it hard to believe people would be that upset to be brought back to life nude.. Especially since the first thing they do is take off the robe, and drop it.