UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"All follow", but for how long?

"All follow", but for how long?

If someone tells their pet to follow someone, how long will that pet follow that person?

IOW, Bob tames a dragon and tells it to be a friend to Jane. He also tells the dragon to follow Jane.

How long will this dragon follow Jane? Will it eat food from Jane?

Thanks.

Re: "All follow", but for how long?

as far as i know, it will not eat food from jane; it will probabl stay riend to jane until she logs out, or pet loyalty drops by time

Thanks for the reply. I was curious if a tamer could assign a pet (friend) to follow someone to be of help. This way the pet could be targeted and could help out. This way a somewhat new char could prob go places it ordinarily could not by themselves.

note. a friended pet cannot be set to guard the friend. the only commands allowed under friendship are "All Follow", "All Stay" and "All Come". So the pet will probably not help much the friend, unles he is targeted, as the friend canot use commands "All Kill" and "All Guard"

Unfortunately, friending pets, as noted, no longer does much good. (I vaguely remember that way back then, friended pets could be given all commands short of "release," "transfer" and "friend") I've tried similar things with summoned creatures. (namely, elementals, which will stick around for some 5 minutes) They weren't of much help either.

But as for how long the command lasts... It's as long as the pet retains any degree of loyalty. (they can only refuse orders given; they cannot abandonn current orders, as far as I've seen) The game keeps remarkable track; I know that I can ride a pet for days and days, and it will remember the exact order given in the case, of, say, dying.

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

Also when the friend says a command to say, a dragon, and has no animal lore, it will not obey and make loyalty go down FAST. I heard of pets going wild this way. But all follow could be used as a "all guard" in the sense that creatures may target the pet first, or the person can use invisibility if targeted and let the pet get targeted. But other then that, the pet would not actually guard the friend. I could see this being good for a fisherman with hardly any fighting skill as a green net would result in some of the mob attacking the pet first minimizing the load for the fisherman.

would result in some of the mob attacking the pet first minimizing the load for
That was some of what I was hoping for. The tamer would tell the pet to follow someone and the person wouldn't issue any commands. Just curious if that tactic was at all useful.

Could you imagine like 50 tamers telling a bunch of bunnies to follow somebody into battle? ;)

deoren-demise said:
That was some of what I was hoping for. The tamer would tell the pet to follow someone and the person wouldn't issue any commands. Just curious if that tactic was at all useful.

Could you imagine like 50 tamers telling a bunch of bunnies to follow somebody into battle? ;)

lol, the guy better be an archer or mage, cause he won't be moving much in fell, due to stamina loss :p he will never die vs a melle worior like that lol

I could just picture it now ...

The critters are something larger than bunnies and a hapless archer fires off an area effect weapon. :p

(Edit: corrected missspeling)

deoren-demise said:
Somebody trailed a swarm of forest ostards through luna a few weeks ago. I got an RPV of it, buit the RPV was teh suck. I'm going to have to cut it up and trim off parts before I upload it, if people want to see it...

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

Hmm never thought of that. I remember seeing something similar and was trying to figure out how they got more then 5 pets to follow, but it would make sense that's how that was done. Make a pet follow the person, then a pet follow the pet, etc... to make a chain.

Red Squirrel said:
Hmm never thought of that. I remember seeing something similar and was trying to figure out how they got more then 5 pets to follow, but it would make sense that's how that was done. Make a pet follow the person, then a pet follow the pet, etc... to make a chain.
That was exactly how it worked. The cool thing was that the owner of the first 5 ostards offered to let some other people lead them arround, simply giving giving the "follow" command to the leader of the chain. At first, there were 17 ostards by my count, those of that person, as well as a few friends. Then, other people started adding their own birds to the end of the line, to where it wrapped around most of the main fort in Luna. :p