UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

American Sniper

toronto_matt

Sorceror
any one else see Clint Eastwood's American Sniper ? thoughts?

just got home from seeing it, went in with no expectations, barely knew anything about the story it was based on and what actually happened with him in the end but man oh man that clint eastwood knows how to put some scenes together

i swore i coulda been watching ridley scott's black hawk down in some of those scenes, drone pov's, overheard action shots, just fuckin beautiful

eastwood wont win best director but if anyone else wins best actor other than bradley cooper it will be highway robbery

and im not even a fan of cooper, i always thought the guy was a joke, a man made to play leading roles in chick flicks for eternity but just give him the award now, just give it to him

final score: 8/10

Uomvp

Knight
Outstanding. I knew the story before hand. The end was real footage. Full theater n u could hear a pin drop walking out.

toronto_matt

Sorceror
Outstanding. I knew the story before hand. The end was real footage. Full theater n u could hear a pin drop walking out.

Oh that ending. Not gonna lie, got a little teared up. And hell, I'm not even american

Whoever thought this movie was anti muslim or Islam or anti iraq or w.e have no idea what they are talking about

I almost didnt even see this movie but if i can thank that hack micheal moore for anything i can thank him for being a complete moron on twitter about this movie. I said to myself, if this joker doesn't want people to see this movie its gotta be good!

The movie like real life just furthers my belief that few things especially that war is/was black or white, just Grey, lots of Grey..

The man was a hero, simple as that

Uomvp

Knight
Yeah he is. The end is extremely sad but it was amazing to see how 1 man can move so many people. They had to do his service in a stadium. Moore is a moron making indie films. Cooper did a great job n so did Clint eastwood.

Oh that ending. Not gonna lie, got a little teared up. And hell, I'm not even american

Whoever thought this movie was anti muslim or Islam or anti iraq or w.e have no idea what they are talking about

I almost didnt even see this movie but if i can thank that hack micheal moore for anything i can thank him for being a complete moron on twitter about this movie. I said to myself, if this joker doesn't want people to see this movie its gotta be good!

The movie like real life just furthers my belief that few things especially that war is/was black or white, just Grey, lots of Grey..

The man was a hero, simple as that
seth rogan had a point though "rogan wrote it reminded him of Nazi propaganda in the third act of Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds." I feel like micheal moore was full of shit though.

toronto_matt

Sorceror
did you take 2 points off for the doll baby?

what took off the 2 points if it wasn't that?

-1 point for the story jumping around a bit too much in parts. not a lot but a little

And

-1 for that Fake BABY! ud think in 2015 they coulda even used a CGI/digital one even. Not a Freakin doll lol

I will admit, it was pretty convincing tho, if it wasn't for all the hoo ha about it online I wouldn't have had a clue

Other than that, perfection

-1 point for the story jumping around a bit too much in parts. not a lot but a little

And

-1 for that Fake BABY! ud think in 2015 they coulda even used a CGI/digital one even. Not a Freakin doll lol

I will admit, it was pretty convincing tho, if it wasn't for all the hoo ha about it online I wouldn't have had a clue

Other than that, perfection
I thought the scene setups were quite nice. beginning with the mother/child in the road and switching to him learning to hunt deer etc and towards the end when he's teaching his son to hunt deer. Pretty smooth transitions.

Honestly, the baby isn't a big deal. The emotion of the scene was more for the mother more than anything anyways.

For the type of movie it was attempting to portray, it gets the 10/10 for me. It had a lot of very chilling and realistic scenes. PTSD is a big deal and some of that shit will haunt you forever.

toronto_matt

Sorceror
Guy they made the movie about was a proven liar multiple times, Why he lost the first court case and why his Moneysucking wife lost the second one, and yet she is suing again to another effort to get money.

This is the man who was quoted saying "Yeah I shot an 87 year old woman in Iraq and I enjoyed it, And if I could I'd do it again"

Sorry but I won't give Clint or this guys family one red cent, War isn't something that's fun or funny and he lapped it up and was killed because of his ignorance.

This is a propaganda film first and foremost in an effort to get Americans ramped up for another 12 years of combat.

(Information based from friends in the military and family who are waking up screaming help because we are about to start the middle eastern Crusades 3.0 if we embrace this insanity one more time)

Someone queue up Toby Queefs- Courtesy of the Red , White and Blue.

Propaganda to get america ready for another 12 years of combat? Ya i dunno about that.. bit of a stretch. I don't think the american public has any appetite for another war, especially a ground war..

if you put any stock into polls, and the way they have been trending for years now.. I think it's quite the opposite.

"I" personally feel like the iraq war was a mistake. They invaded the wrong country. Iraq didn't attack the United states on September 11th, Afghanistan did (or at least you can make a link and make an argument) as far as where some of the plots, personal and funding came from..

And hell, iraq was far more stable under that inhuman dictator saddam than it is now, by a mile. . Sure.. the guy was evil as they come and people were oppressed but the country was far safe, there wasn't suicide bombs going off practically EVERY day, yes it was controlled by fear, and that by any means is not ideal, but now it's just a complete shit storm, the ultimate power vacuum, yearly death rate more than tripled

And to speak of the $$ they blew, dear god, literally TRILLIONS of dollars, spent on a patch of dirt halfway across the world. Was perfect for the military industrial complex, but for the average citizen? Instead of its government INVESTING those same trillions of dollars back into its OWN country, instead of taking that same money and spending it on infrastructure, health, education, all the things that used to be funded extensively the american people had to swallow it in the name of being "kept safe", in the name of security! We will protect you, we just need to spend billions of your money and be in debt to china and foreigners for eternity. It wil be worth it they said, don't worry!

it seems insane right? You literally have some cities CRUMBLING from lack of money, funds, and infrastructure. Bridges falling down, roads and highways in desperate need of repair

China and Asia are building super fast rail links between all their cities and america is still chugging along on amtrak 1970s trains and lines.

America literally invented the modern world. Medical breakthroughs, the Internet, so many of the things we take for granted today came out of government funded projects.

My point is..

Even with my views on the war as a whole and America's fuck ups (which im sure some people on here might take offence to and disagree with) even with me thinking that war was a horrible idea and the bush admin cooked the books with the Intel to "sell" the war to the American people, weapons of mass destruction they said! They got nukes! They didn't... Even with all that said. It is simply irrelevant.

The sniper/Kyle was ONE man, he was not the president, he wasn't university educated, wasn't some cia op with access to hundreds of thousands of documents to study and debate with himself the moral rights, justifications, or finer points of geo political affairs and morality, good god.

he was one man, one soldier, one sniper, serving his country
And that is one of the most honorable, brave, and real things one could ever do in life

Takes guts, it takes something special to risk your life for what you think is right and to leave everything and be dropped into some hell hole where everyone there is trying to kill you

It easy for you to sit behind your computer and criticize the guy.. hes this, hes that

In my mind, he was a hero, and compared to him, I would be what you would call a coward. I don't wanna die, I don't wanna put myself in danger, I wanna sit in my home, safe, il admit it. I'd never have those kinda guts and heart,

Instead of helping people with PTSD and trying to do some good in my life and ultimately get shot and killed by one of my own as a reward I'm here on the uo gamers mesage board and playing ultima online

Go look in the mirror at your own life before you even begin to cricize something you will probably never know, experience, or be able to even begin to quantify

Shame on you

Guy they made the movie about was a proven liar multiple times, Why he lost the first court case and why his Moneysucking wife lost the second one, and yet she is suing again to another effort to get money.

This is the man who was quoted saying "Yeah I shot an 87 year old woman in Iraq and I enjoyed it, And if I could I'd do it again"

Sorry but I won't give Clint or this guys family one red cent, War isn't something that's fun or funny and he lapped it up and was killed because of his ignorance.

This is a propaganda film first and foremost in an effort to get Americans ramped up for another 12 years of combat.

(Information based from friends in the military and family who are waking up screaming help because we are about to start the middle eastern Crusades 3.0 if we embrace this insanity one more time)

Someone queue up Toby Queefs- Courtesy of the Red , White and Blue.
because ventura's a punk bitch that spoke extremely negatively against the seals and the war, got his ass handed to him and sued makes kyle a liar? His moneysucking wife? she had to pay ventura 1.8M after the death of her husband.

As far as saying he'd kill another 87 year old woman, I imagine she was in a position in which it was deserved. No problem there.

He died because of a lapse of a fellow vet who suffered from severe PTSD at a shooting range. Him dealing with the war and it's efforts in the way he did had nothing to do with it.

You're a punk bitch, honestly.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
tl;dr

I normally trust clint eastwood movies. I also believe shapeshifting lizardmen are reigning in the new world order foreshadowed by secret torah codes.

One of these sentences is true.

White Lotus

Sorceror
I also believe shapeshifting lizardmen are reigning in the new world order foreshadowed by secret torah codes.

Yo man I'd be careful you never know whos watching you.

I'd suggest you look into Kyle before you blindly defend him, a simple 10 minutes of research and you wouldn't be here even discussing this monster.
What's monster-ish about him? He had 162 confirmed kills. For my country. Not one was on an innocent, only 'savages' as he called them.

I can debate this with you, but post why you believe him to be a monster. He was really good at killing people who were engaging in an act of war. Is that it?

Jesse ventura sued him for defamation. Though the story kyle said was true, even if it weren't how does that make him a monster?

You're repeating rhetoric from a propaganda movie half written by a dead man who admitted himself to have completely fabricated the Jesse Ventura incident to get attention...

The same dead man who thought it was wise to arm a mentally unstable man and paid for it with his life.
Guess what... Kyle was mentally unstable as well this is why he thought he could beat PTSD by playing with fire.

I wouldn't take any advice from you.
Actually what I posted on is from articles from his book and from interviews. He never fabricated that story. Jesse Ventura is a punk.

PTSD is difficult to understand. It's triggers are on an individual level. The man he was at the shooting range with snapped into a war zone, killing both kyle and vet. Helping the vets out at home was his way of continuing his support of our services, and him dying had nothing to do with playing with fire. You're either a troll or scum for saying that about anybody.

Oh, and nobody beats PTSD. Kyle never said he had, either.