UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

An exception to the third party desciplinary schedule

Cronus

and his amazing friends
An exception to the third party desciplinary schedule

As most of you know the standard punishment for use of an unauthorized third party application is the same as the unattended gathering punishment system. The first offense is a 6 hours jailing, the second offense is a 3 day ban, and the third offense is a permanent account ban.

However this is not entirely true, and I will update the rules post to reflect this. Use of PlayUO or a modded Razor install will result in immediate account termination. No exceptions. If your Razor install isn't 100% vanilla as provided by Zippy, you'd better think long and hard about whether or not risking your accounts is worth it.

Naturally when Krrios releases a new version of his client we will evaluate it at that time and determine if we will allow it on Demise

Kiluad

Sorceror
Re: An exception to the third party desciplinary schedule

Don't you mean RunUO?

er im an idiot still today, i will talk to no one starting now till my brain works again

Miniel

Wanderer

Thats good.. i personally don't understand why people have to use a program just to help them selfs better in the game.. i don't care what program it is..

If anyone needs to use another program to make them faster, or anything for that matter. sure there is a limitation to what can and shouldnt be done ok .. but come on ..

Rules are rules if you can't follow them then you deserve the punishments plain and simple...

I salute Demise and the staff

Great job at keeping this shard a fun place to be at..

Raises his Glass... Cheers and many thanks

kev6872

Wanderer

Great job. I don't pvp much so I don't notice the cheaters like some of you guys do. However, I do like to house hunt and everytime a cheater gets the axe is another house or two that I get to loot.

Keep up the good work!

*along with the music from 'remember the titans'*

Na na na na
Na na na na
Hey hey hey
Goodbye...

Rooki

Wanderer

it means if i have older version razor i can be banned?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

An older version of a "vanilla" razor as released by Zippy will not get you banned, albeit you will probably have problems playing Demise once the updated version is significantly older than what you are running.

A modified version of razor will get you banned.

Cmon shake, lets hear it, I would love to hear you try to accuse some more of us.

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

stalker-demise;300444 said:
*along with the music from 'remember the titans'*

Na na na na
Na na na na
Hey hey hey
Goodbye...

We are children, Children of the light! we are........

lol shake i don't know of anyone who uses playuo, and i don't think anyone that is not already banned is using playuo. Reason being, i haven't been pwnd yet.

OH also, i'd like to thank the staff for finally putting an end to the nonsence. Much appreciated, enough that me n my buddies have returned ! Dun dun dun.

Yea, chi guys, Nice fight in Despise the other day after SW.

And anyway, shake is the best pvper in this shard.

rdx

Sorceror

oh right shake, you think you are the best and cant stand when you cant beat someone, poor you

or are you just mad that half of your bodyguards got banned?

btw its nice to see that staff is not inactive like some of us think;P

I'll throw in my thanks to the staff as well for this. To be honest, I didn't realize how prevalent it was until I started noticing a thinning out in many players, as those that insisted on continuing to use those effective "cheats" were subsequently banned.

I'm a bit surprised at how many people used them even when they were allowed; to be honest, the only one player who REALLY struck me as over-powered was, of course, z0rak, as he'd practically reached the point of being "perfect." Lots of the other players I've seen, even WITH the aid of a lot of "hacks," still weren't all that impressive.

As I've grown fond of saying here, an uber macro is no match for an uber micro. :p
rdx;300665 said:
or are you just mad that half of your bodyguards got banned?
If memory serves me right, none of the more prominent members of ATHF ever really used PlayUO or modded Razor on Demise. Shake, Magnus, LD, Mook, etc. all use UO2D, as I recall.

To be honest, it's been more a case that no one was actually BANNED, rather than that people simply lost interest in actual play, and decided it'd be more fun to do forum PvP than real PvP. And also, a banning on the forumz does not translate into a banning in-game. ;)

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

NonhumSub-Demise;300657 said:
Yea, chi guys, Nice fight in Despise the other day after SW.

And anyway, shake is the best pvper in this shard.

Ionno i'd say shake is good but not the best.

Personally, without z0rak, I think it's just about no question. Sure, he loses the occasional duel, but no one simply goes indefinitely without losing; it applies to every single competitive sport or game, and would also apply here.

Also, according to this (found by the bridge leading west out of Britain in Felucca) Shake is, in fact, the best. :p

Attachments

• 0822-Duelists.PNG
    0822-Duelists.PNG
    165.6 KB · Views: 291

Nottheking;300736 said:
If memory serves me right, none of the more prominent members of ATHF ever really used PlayUO or modded Razor on Demise. Shake, Magnus, LD, Mook, etc. all use UO2D, as I recall.

Correct, I think there were a couple of people in ATHF for a little while that did use Playuo, I just can't remember their names.

I still believe Zorak would have demolished just about everyone even without playuo.