UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Animal Taming Is a breeze

emopenguin

Sorceror
Animal Taming Is a breeze

First off to gm animal taming.
Make a char with 50 animal taming 50 animal lore.
Join any faction you choose. Buy a keg of poison pots. greater is usually easiest to find and cost efficient. Buy an empty bottle also. If u can find a mask of orchish kin it will be easier because the orcs on Dagger(ice) island will leave u alone. Catch a gate to fel dagger(ice).First off Here is tame guide.
50-53.1-Polar Bears
53.1-63.1 Snow Leopards
63.1-77 White Wolfs
Once you get to 100 Animal Lore lock the skill.

After u get to 77 on white wolfs. Drink a poison pot and die close to the shrine or wandering healer. After u die and get rezzed u will receive a stat loss. Repeat the same animal taming process. Stat loss usually takes about 15 minutes to wear off. Then repeat the stat loss until gm. It will take roughly about 15 hours to do so. =D

Cjdawg1069

Wanderer
Re: Animal Taming Is a breeze

How servere are PKs at fel dagger. I've been at tram fel and just got taming to about 77 when it has died out as you have done.

that ways a lot slower then using jewerly to get to atleast 95.1 when you can start taming kirin/unicorns.

emopenguin

Sorceror

not everyone has access to money to buy taming jewls this way is alot cheaper and everyone can do it. also if u have to pk a naked tamer then there is something wrong with you. quit the shard and the game cuz that is just stupid. =D

emopenguin

Sorceror

oh and yes faction trick still works in trammel but the best gains are in fel since there is not that many people in fel =D

My house is in the valley with the shrine :D

I won't kill any tamers I see... got enough grey robes already...

Here's what I did to become an illustrious tamer:

1. Very slowly crept up to the skill of 63 by taming polar bears on ice isle

2. Got very bored and bought a skill ball

you can find a jewelry set of 20 or better for cheap prolly around 20k . 13+ are the ones that get costly. So instead of a 30 set get a 20 set and start taming at 75.1. Your method is extremely slow and you dont have to go into stat loss til about 100 taming. But you dont need to even really go in stat loss it may take 2-3 more hours of macroing but you can get to 120 taming with kirins/unicorns. I did that with my first tamer i made becuase i didnt want to have to wait a week to get outa faction when i could just do it for another few hours and get it all done and over with

Xyle

Wanderer

And one more thing, make sure taming is the first skill you raise. IF its not dig your feet in the ground and prepare for a long hard trip to GM. Something i did not know when i made my tamer. waited till all my other skills were GMed before i started taming, Very BAD MISTAKE.

lordwolfx

Knight

darthjesus said:
starting with fifty lore is pointless, u can macro that in minutes

yes but if you lock everything but tame and lore it will ensure your taming GMs as fast as possible (would work too with vet, but a bonded cat can get your vet 120...)

Might add that in Pre T2A we did it locking a dragon somewhere in house and failing to tame it...

Post T2A was abit more difficult hehe, not as easy as say.. stopping at 77, getting ring/brace combos to allways have minimum possible skill to tame hiryus, and gming it in 3-6 hours of hiryu boat sitting

Id!

Wanderer

If you have only two accounts, start a third, (so you can have young status) lock everything but animal taming (start it at 50 of course). And tame till your fingers bleed. When you get to the higher digits, they wont attack you as I understand it.

Cjdawg1069

Wanderer

I have a really good and fast way to raise taming (all of which is sarcastic).

Here's the I'm an idiot who screwed up way:

First use Ark's guide or whoever else's to tame up to about 75 skill at Dagger Island. Taming gets slow of white wolves at about 75 so I stopped there. This is where you buy as many rings/bracs of taming as you can. You want to have enough combinations of them so that you can hit just about any number. What I mean is this...

+10 brac +10 ring = +20 skill
+10 brac +9 ring = +19 skill
+10 brac +8 ring = +18 skill
+10 brac +7 ring = +17 skill
etc..
etc..

You want to have enough to be able to raise your skill from 75 (I waited til 80) up to about 99.0 so that you can tame hiryus on a boat. Once you get to GM you can drop down 1 point, and repeat. Do this til you are actually GM. There you go all the frustration and problems you've ever asked for.

In all seriousness though, I'm only doing this because I GMed other skills first, and because a vendor near luna (thanks whoever you are) is ALWAYS in stock with taming brac/rings. I probably only spent 50k total on all the ones I have.

psih128

Wanderer

Also nice is that even if you have 100 in taming with rings - the base skill value keeps raising, so one can just go and tame hiryu from boath till infinity... Normally one hiryu gives 1-4 (10-40 skill gains)... that way one can GM taming on hiryus even from 70 + plus pick up a real nice bird
not the fastest way, but doe not require a lot attention 8)

qweazdak

Wanderer

these places are pretty easy to gain skill:
ridgeback pen in savage camp
unicorns near spirit shrine in iish
if you're daring enough, destard is good by taming drakes

if you ask a fellow tamer to get a creature to put on a boat for you, that might work as well. the skill is increased :p

dedric

Sorceror

THe taming method above works well, but you will get best gains with "0" lore (no taming bonuses)

but here''s a nifty lil trick of my own....

To GM Lore and Vet in hours!
Even works to Legendary in both.

Grab yourself a pair of bulls, 2-3k bandies and a LRC suit.

Hop on a boat and sail around in circles (razor works very well here)

set a for loop (5-10 times)
if (emergency escape)
hp (1 less than your max hp)
cast spell recall
wait for target
absolute target (runebook, make sure you have a safe spot to recall to that is not blocked set as default)
else
use bandages on Bull 1
cast heal or greater heal to be safe on bull 2
wait 7 seconds (heal)
wait 6 seconds (Greater Heal)
end for
say turn left
wait .5 sec
say slow forward

The reason you sail in circles is you "can't get blocked easily this way"

Now read a book or somethign jsut stay at the PC as I do not support UM