UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Animal Taming

Bama

Bug Huntress
Behavior On Demise
Example
71.1 (either real skill or modified) in animal taming is required to be able to be able to attempt to tame a bull.
If you are at 71.0 or less in animal taming and try to tame a bull you receive a message above the creature saying "you have no chance to tame this creature"
Your attempt to tame is stopped and you will not gain in animal taming and/or animal lore if the animal lore skill is set to gain

There really isn't a way for a player to know if or how many times a creature has been tamed
If you see a bull that is named "A Bull" you have a 50/50 chance that it has not been tamed before
1 sure way to find out is to try to tame it.

If that bull named "A Bull" has never been tamed and your skill is 71.1 or higher you will eventually tame it and if animal lore is set to gain you will also have a chance to gain in that skill

But if that same bull named "A Bull" has been tamed by another character/player and released without its name being changed and your skill is 71.1 but lower than 77.1 you will never tame that creature
The game lets you attempt to tame it as many times as you want to try and you can go from 0.0 to 120 in animal lore and not tame that creature

The problem is a missing message
There should be a message above that creature saying "this animal has had too many owners and is to upset for you to tame"
This means it has been tamed the max amount of times already and nobody can tame it or it has been tamed atleast once and now its taming difficulty has gone up by a minimum of 6 and the player is below the new required taming amount
This should stop the taming attempt right there and lets the player know that this animal has been tamed before.This way the player does not waste their time trying to tame something they don't have a chance to tame though the game lets them try

Every time a creature is tamed its taming difficulty goes up by 6
So a player with 77.0 in animal taming should not be able to even attempt to tame a bull that has been tamed once. The player needs 77.1 to attempt to tame it

I remember this is a VERY OLD report made by me and was discussed a lot with you and others. And there was already a patch...
There was something about:
- pretamed creatures raising their level of taming required (and can be used to raise taming better)
- as you said, if you are under the requirements of the new taming level but over the original one, you should have a message instead to attempt to tame and fail and not gaining
- something about a max number of owners? Although I remember vaguely tests have shown there isn't...

... and I remember there was already a patch, never implemented, which was lost in the uodemise.com old forum...

... But I have a copy of that patch. Just I don't know if it covers all. Please test!

Attachments

• taming-pretame-SVN765.diff
    2.7 KB · Views: 9

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Oops, I should've known there was a report for this. This was already fixed!

• Animal taming no longer starts a taming attempt if the previous owner count makes the animal too hard to tame.