UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Any interest in a Roman Empire type of RP guild.

sharkbait

Sorceror
I used to RP a guild on Catskills way back that was the Roman Empire. This was a real good time and wondered if there was any interest in this on the shard. If so let me know Ill write up some sort of ranks, rules ect. Thanks guys!

Vestros

Sorceror
no but a heater sheild and a bastard/viking sword would be pretty cool and some dye'd cloth over chainmail armor .. that would be awsome

silent bob 420

Wanderer
im totally down if you forward me this info.. to my aim when you can never rped before but that roman thing sounds bad ass... WE CAME AS ROMANS.... best band ever... aim: zommmmbies

sharkbait

Sorceror
Sorry guys been busy at work but tomorrow I am off and I'll get together some rules, ranks ect. I'd like it to start and hopefully grow to an army, senate, slaves merchants. But like I said I'm not sure if this is possible but just what I was hoping to get done.

Vestros

Sorceror
jsut a little advise from an old rp'r an army good a senate to help rule the guild great... merchants even better but i may steer clear of the slaves... and find a better term or another rank all together like citizen or something also is the going to be based on S.P.Q.R a unified rome?

Elendili!

Knight
Since UO is dark ages time, I'd probably suggest modeling it on the late empire, after the Diocletian reforms, Or creating your own unique empire that just has roman traits, if that was what you were already planning.

i remember Rme, I believe it was abbreviated Rme, was a looong time ago. Very cool guild though. My memories of them are in red surcoats with chainmail, shields or spears and sandals. I remember better the Byzantine Empire, who by their nature would be fairly similar to Romans. They had one of the coolest player cities i've ever seen in UO along with United Pirates Red Skull Bay.

awsome

Traveler
A buddy and I got in big trouble with our guild leader for hunting ears in the byzantine city. :D I was bad then, I suppose.

sharkbait

Sorceror
I am looking to get it going ASAP. Right now I am thinking we follow the Standard ROE followed pretty much by every other RP guild on shard. I am thinking a template for member of Army to be swords, fencing, parry, healing, anatomy , tacts and I went magic resist but 7th skill is pretty much up for grabs. Higher ranking members will be allowed to use a mount to get around but not during battle. I would like to have members of a Senate who will help in being responsible for making big guild decisions i.e. war, allies ect. Members of Senate are free to use magery or any skills they choose and will not be required to fight. Also I am looking for another title being citizen. This can be any template and Citizens are not required to fight in battle although if they are attacked should be equiped with skills where the can at least defend themselves. Also I am hoping some citizens will be blacksmiths or other trade workers where we could set up vendors at guildhouse that would sell items to benefit members of the guild and they could make a little money. What I am struggling with right now are Military Ranks as I do more research on them they are very detailed as far as military ranks and being the guild will most likely be smaller it doesnt seem like it would necessary to have them all (so open to any tips here). Also when guild gets up and going I'd like to host an event, food, drinks, RP and a gladiator tourny with reward (nothing huge maybe 100k to winner). This is what I was thinking let me know what you think.

Vestros

Sorceror
they way i see it is set up phalanx type divisions and have like 2-3 divisions.. and a seprate division for an archery batillion .. so one guild title could be Div I through Div X then have Div Arc for your ranged... just an ideall Civ for civilian ... Sen. or w/e for senate

Do it up Shark. My guy is already made. Haven't done much with him yet though waiting on the word. He'll be one of the swordsmen though.

I for one would be willing to make a mule for the cause. I'll go with the basics. Mining, Smithing, Tailoring, Carpentry, Lumberjacking, Tinkering, and Magery (Just to help me get around easier).

We can google ranks, the events sound great. To be successful we'll probably have to find atleast 12 interested members with 1-2 willing to make a mule. I'll have 1 of those covered so at worse case we'll have 1.

We also need a good location. Somewhat open. Cove would have been great but good luck finding a good spot there. SO I figure the next best place would be Trinsic.

DO you have AIM?

sharkbait

Sorceror
Rome is a small city located outside of Yew. We are looking for members to fill our Army ranks as well as noblemen to serve in our Senate. No city would be complete without citizens to increase trade.

Army: General is in charge of all of the legions

Legion: Will consist of 6 soldiers. 5 Soldiers will be at the same rank as Legionnaires. In each legion there will be a commanding officer who recieves orders directly from the General that is titled Centurion. After a legions is at 6 we will starts a new legion. Example of a title would be Legionnaire I which would be in the first legion II for the second and so on. There also will be one legion that is strictly archers for longer distance combat. Members of the legion should have swords, parry, tactics, fencing, anatomy, healing and a 7th skill of your choice as long as it is not magery.

Scout: There will be two Scouts for the entire army that will be in charge of gathering information on warring guilds. For example before battle a scout will go to a warring guilds area count up how many are there and report back to commanding officers. Scouts should be able to fight but also have hiding and maybe in stealth. A scout should have all of the same skills as a member of the Legion but subsitute hiding and stealth for any of the above stated skills.

Senator: A Senator will not be required to fight during battle but should be able to defend themselves in case they find themselves under attack. A Senator may use any skills including magery if they choose too. The Senate will be involved in making important guild decisions.

Citizen: This is another title that is pretty wide open. I would like for trade to be involved within the city. Some citizens can set up vendors and sell stuff in the city of Rome is they would like to. It would be nice if some citizens were were mules so that were able to provide supplies to the guild in which they would be obviously compensated for. Citizens also are not required to fight but should be able to defend themselve if they were under attack.

I will start actively recruiting today or tomorrow. My AIM: Renegade918 if you have any questions

sharkbait

Sorceror
No, archery is an acceptable skill. It will actually be its own individual legion that during combat can attack from a further distance. As well as any character can have archery because there are only 6 required skills with the seventh being open to whatever you would like it to be.