UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Armor Rating (AR)

tunin

Wanderer
and how does ar decreases the damage you receive, i mean each AR point per each Damage point?

Spetznaz

Wanderer
I've recently joined the shard and noticed very few, infact no-one I've seen are wearing plate armour, is this because it has certain negative effects? Or is it only viable for certain templates...?

I always liked the look of plate armour too :(

Paracelsus

Sorceror
and how does ar decreases the damage you receive, i mean each AR point per each Damage point?
When you get hit, there is chance the various part of your body will be hit. For example, if your head is hit, the AR of the helmet will absorb part of the total damage. The remaining will cause your actual damage. If you ever repair armor, you will notice that the armor part mostly took damage is the tunic and legging, then the arm, ...
For the formula, I don't know. May meed something who read the code to tell you.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
I've recently joined the shard and noticed very few, infact no-one I've seen are wearing plate armour, is this because it has certain negative effects? Or is it only viable for certain templates...?

I always liked the look of plate armour too :(
Since this shard is mage dominated, the major damage output of the mage is magic, not physical damage. So, there is no point to wear strong armor against mage. For the mages themselves, they cannot wear armor that meditation can penetrate. Metal armor will block the meditation. So, no mage will wear metal armor.

Even warrior chooses their armor will base on the fighting target. If 1vs1 mage, ringmail or studded armor is enough. Only if fighting tank mage, dexxer or solo 1 vs many, strong armor can give you advantage in the protection.

For the platemail armor, yes, it can give you max protection. But, it can take some dex from you. So, there is tradeoff.

Wish it can help.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
Now, includes the AR of Undine/Spring armors.
Note: Plate and leather sets are not completed. (I don't want to unlock my display sets. May include the figure later.)

crikey

Sorceror
Time to add Hybrid armor to the list para ;)

I don't have a full set because I am a peasant, but the three pieces I have give:

Gloves: 5 ar
Plate helmet: 10 ar
Female platemail chest: 26 AR

Dex loss is of course zero on all the pieces

All items blessed, unlootable. Can be broken, but can be repaired and powder of fortifying applied to last forever

When I get enough gold in 5 years to afford a different piece I will post again ;)

crikey

Sorceror
Will include them this week.
Very good!

This way all the newbies will know how much AR their 40m+ Hybrid suit will give them!

I joke, but I did see a fucker with a 2 month account age wearing a full set of it.....I'm jealous much :<