UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Battle for Skara Brae 3/27 3PM EST

hugoboss

Sorceror
I couldn't have said it better. I chased a guy down (might have been you?) towards the bank where there was a choke point to the left. The guy clearly forgot where the entrance was, because - on low health - he walked into a dead end when I took that last swipe :)

please be more specific.. i must have ran into dead ends on low health and died in the resulting gank at least half a dozen times during the battle :D

(my screen's cluttered with health bars.. i can't see where i'm running! ack!)

serotonin

Traveler
There was no gank.. This was a straight up 1v1. I have no idea who it was, I don't suppose it matters if it was you or someone else... It was fun :)
Might need to change my weapon skill... I am not happy with macing without Lightening Strike...

Lynae

Demise Staff Member
Upsetting :(
You wouldn't let me borrow your halberd either... A double upset... :(
aha

Its not that I wouldn't let you borrow it, I couldn't. See waaaaaaaaay back when I was a CNS, the admins (Caine and a few others), thought it'd be really funny to use the super expensive, state-of-the-art, industrial super-glue on my hally without telling me....

serotonin

Traveler
Its not that I wouldn't let you borrow it, I couldn't. See waaaaaaaaay back when I was a CNS, the admins (Caine and a few others), thought it'd be really funny to use the super expensive, state-of-the-art, industrial super-glue on my hally without telling me....

Oh... What a terrible affliction... Then again, I suppose if you were the owner of that Halberd, you'd probably never WANT to let it go :p

Lynae

Demise Staff Member
Oh... What a terrible affliction... Then again, I suppose if you were the owner of that Halberd, you'd probably never WANT to let it go :p

Hehe, not really :D

Anyway, no more talk of my halbred, dont want myself, nor anyone else to get in trouble for hijacking the thread. :]

BTW Good job to both Teams. I look forward to watching more epic battles!

Frasier

Sorceror
It was maybe a messy but a honorable battle. Looking forward to the next one

serotonin

Traveler
heh. i was the only one not in the party, cause we had 11 people, gave up my spot for Drak.
Who never bloody accepted! Didn't he get kicked for looting?
Admittedly, I was next to a few orc deaths to see jewelery on the corpse.... That was suspicious...

Sundoom

Sorceror
i saw a few fc1 rings/bracelet after killin a few people at beginnin. didn't want to ruin the event for anyone though. didn't care anyway, we murdered them

serotonin

Traveler
I guess this is kind of what this event was trying to teach people... Team-work and strength in numbers rather than trinkets and superior equipment :)

hugoboss

Sorceror
my understanding of this event, insurance = On, looting = On. anyhow, made sure to insure all my stuff as always.

the only tricky bits i experienced was when i ran back to get the bandies off my corpse to get a heal - the minute i loot my corpse, the death robe disappears (therefore i became a valid target) and i got killed in one instance before i had the chance to get healed up.. not a biggie, but makes it a bit iffy to recover your body in the middle of the opposition rally areas!

serotonin

Traveler
I discovered a work around. I got dressed into my armour while wearing robe. I then SINGLE clicked my corpse, and clicked "Open Corpse" and dragged the lot across. Didn't lose the robe.

I then walked, with my robe, attacking nobody, till I found some friendlies, and dropped it and carried on :)

And sure, I insured all my key items of armour and weapons, but still... No bandies, no pots... No game! lol

Bile

Knight
Yeah, nothing like going back to your corpse to find that your gray robe has vanished, your healing reagent was ravaged, and now you have to run from the red swarm from getting res killed. . . Luckily my 20 base hiding gave me enough time to purchase 20 mandrake root. . . . . .

Thanks, Onis!

DIPSHIT.jpg

Phelon

Knight
my understanding of this event, insurance = On, looting = On. anyhow, made sure to insure all my stuff as always.

the only tricky bits i experienced was when i ran back to get the bandies off my corpse to get a heal - the minute i loot my corpse, the death robe disappears (therefore i became a valid target) and i got killed in one instance before i had the chance to get healed up.. not a biggie, but makes it a bit iffy to recover your body in the middle of the opposition rally areas!

I noticed the death robe thing too when I clicked my corpse. Red team was told no looting so no [BLCK] members should have been looted. Well we had one but he was booted.

We were told at the end that Orcs could loot though and no one cared.