UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Best way to train dex on a pet?

raveX

Page
So, now that stam has been fixed on Greater Dragons, I have been training my current pet.

I've lost track of time but I am now 4 OR 5 DAYS STRAIGHT, 24/7 of casting on my pet. Currently at 123 dex, started at 66.

raveX

Page
thats so boring :(

Actually, I went to a few parties over the weekend, did a bunch of drinking, cut my grass, ate several dinners, went to work, two baseball games, rode my waverunners...all while casting on my dragon.

So no, not really that boring. ;)

Craudiator

Sorceror
Actually, I went to a few parties over the weekend, did a bunch of drinking, cut my grass, ate several dinners, went to work, two baseball games, rode my waverunners...all while casting on my dragon.

So no, not really that boring. ;)

yeah.. but i cant use my chars on that account..

Frasier

Sorceror
So, now that stam has been fixed on Greater Dragons, I have been training my current pet.

I've lost track of time but I am now 4 OR 5 DAYS STRAIGHT, 24/7 of casting on my pet. Currently at 123 dex, started at 66.

3 days and done :)

raveX

Page
Reviving this thread...

So I have a problem. I have noticed while training other pets that the higher the resist, the slower the gains for dex are. Now, I got a greater dragon with high resist (120) and even with eval on my char, I cannot seem to get dex to raise. Been casting with two chars for 24 hours and no gain. One char is 100 eval, the other is at 115. Been using Clumsy, Feeblemind, and even Curse.

Am I going to have to kill this thing down to 0?

april0395

Sorceror
Are you having it attack something? My friends have trained their dragons up to 125 just by pvming a shitload.

I sat at my house with a macro looped to feed my pet while it attacked another dragon of mine on another account. Make sure the other dragon is commanded to all stay, otherwise it'll cast invis and it'll be annoying.

You need both chars to run feed loops, and then I had a third that casted weaken or clumsy or curse or whatever.

I started the night before the pet tournament and had 121 dex by the time I was in the final round the next day.

raveX

Page
My GD has 110 RS and I used 2 chars to cast weaken to it. Worked fine, just takes time.

Mine has 10 more resist and I believe it is making a big difference. 24 hours of non-stop casting and not a single gain (currently at 47 dex). I will have to wait until the pet is bonded and try to melee it at the same time as april suggested. It is a pretty decent GD with 997 HP 699 STR and high pre-tame skills. It had 139 wrestle before being tamed so I am curious to see how high that will train up to. Resists are decent, but not great 79/79/48/46/74. Probably a 4.0 greater dragon.

Last edited:

raveX

Page
By not having it attack at all, this worked? I had no idea! :)

Yes, all of my other pets i trained to 125 Dex by simply casting clumsy on them. This is the first pet I have had with Resist this high and it has done absolutely nothing so far.

Frasier

Sorceror
very nice a piece of meat you got there :)

Maybe Eos or someone (Bama we need you ;) ) can answer that high resist issue.