UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Buying LToTs

I'm buying a large number of LToTs... I don't care what they are, as long as they aren't the Chest of Heirlooms. PM me.

Not paying 200k. Typical going rate is closer to 80k; the moment they stopped doesn't instantly multiply the price, since there's still ~500,000 in circulation that still haven't "settled down." GL on trying to find someone who'll pay that price. ;)

Not paying 200k. Typical going rate is closer to 80k; the moment they stopped doesn't instantly multiply the price, since there's still ~500,000 in circulation that still haven't "settled down."

actually it does. cos it confirms they were limited drop, all the tots which were on vendors at 85k and not selling have now sold, also all the ones at 110k

Edit: your math is a bit fooked tho:
i dont think there's like 500,000 of them, if you had 10 ppl dropping 5 tots an hour, for 24 hours a day, and 30 days straight; 10 x 5 x 24 x 30 still only = 36,000

i apreciate there will have been more that 10 ppl for a lot of the time, but even with 100 people, CONSTANTLY dropping 5 tots an hour, you're still only lookin at 360k, and there was defo not 100 ppl at the rikktor spawn, at ANY time...

i apreciate there will have been more that 10 ppl for a lot of the time, but even with 100 people, CONSTANTLY dropping 5 tots an hour, you're still only lookin at 360k, and there was defo not 100 ppl at the rikktor spawn, at ANY time...
You're also forgetting the fan dancer dojo, Yamandon point, and other apparently ripe places that had people who wanted to grab stuff without dealing with tons of people around.

Also, you act like there were people that DIDN'T think that the drop event would end. If there were, they weren't many, and they were kinda deaf.

Mantvis

Sorceror
there always was around 50 people getting around 7 ltots per hour (more people at the beggining..) 50*7*24*30= ~250k

I also spotted in-Luna vendors with LToTs for 150k both before and after the drop ended. Any significant price increases on the order of 100+ percent are wholly from people being opportunistic preying upon the unwary.

Poker1996

Squire
it is very rare atm for people to sell them at all and every body that i have seen buying them is buying them for 200k each and it will only go up bc someone rich is going to just buy them all up and then only a few will have ltots so in a bout 2 maybe 3 months it wouldnt suprise me if [prices shot up to 700-1kk

The Beef

Sorceror
I will be suprised if the get back to 1kk within a year. The supply is extremely high and the demand is not.

UO-Brotherhood

Wanderer
I will be suprised if the get back to 1kk within a year. The supply is extremely high and the demand is not.

actually the demand is still pretty high, everyone is taking ltots as trade etc. within a few months it probably will be. tots brought back lots of new players.

Poker1996

Squire
yeh id have to agree with Brotherhood
u can sit in luna for 30 min and sell 200 ltots and like he stated alot of newer players are using them as trade since they dont have money
bc u could get ltots from killing small things like dogs so even the just beginning players could get them just not as many

At this rate, the staff should perhaps move this thread into "General Discussion" and re-name it "ToT price discussion." :p
I agree fully. As someone who got here shortly after the original ToT run ended, (and I see you arrived not much longer after that) there was likewise a good number on the shard, with LOTS of popularity for them as equipment: we didn't have a runic bump, nor had the shard been active more than a couple years, so we didn't have tons of loot items in circulation, such as amazing bows: the Horselord was readily king of PvM bows then.

Yet for all the demand and no more dropping, it'd been a few months and ToTs went for only 100-200k. No, prices were NOT necessarily lower across the board: Ornys were similar in price to what they are today, ditto with other AR11s. (and the Dryad was like 20+ mil) Even into 2004, ToTs were stable at around ~400k apiece. It wasn't until EkIn's infamous price manipulation (which I think was back in 2008? That was a long time ago) came that we saw ToTs inflate in price, jumping within a month or two from ~400k apiece to >1 million, quickly reaching the 2 million mark he'd described. It wasn't until after his "guide" (which, BTW, effectively NEVER changed its prices) vanished off of the Internet that ToT prices were left to find their own spot... And they DROPPED. They were still dropping even BEFORE the most recent drop started, and certainly would've continued on its own even without it.

All told, since the economy's perhaps too large and strong for a single person to manipulate it anymore, (I could explain more on why his guide worked then, and a guide now would NOT work at all) and with as many people having socked away LToTs, and with the note from Xavier that future ToT drop events (such as for Christmas or Halloween) are still on the table, I would be surprised if ToTs return to old 1-2 million range EVER. Unlike most others here who stocked up on ToTs, (and I'm betting will be VASTLY disappointed) I didn't grab 'em with the expectation that in short order (within a couple months) I'd make a >1000% profit, selling then for 1+ million. Rather, I was expecting to get a few hundred K apiece after a year or two. I ALREADY don't play all that intensively, so I don't care too much about the wait.

Coincidentally, the situation with ToTs right now resembles the aftermath of EkIn's "price guide;" very high demand by prospective sellers, no market activity. Wouldn't surprise me if prices wind up plummeting in the not-too-distant future just like they did then, even for items that, yes, didn't drop any more.

actually the demand is still pretty high, everyone is taking ltots as trade etc.
...Except that ALL of the purchases are done as investments right now, not as purchases because people actually want/need pigments/equipment. Hence, very few trades are actually going through. Read what I wrote above about the first ToT drop and its prices. Thos who think that the demand will remain a constant are a tad delusional, and neglecting to pay attention to Demise's own ToT history.

The Beef

Sorceror
I believe the demand is artificial. Few are buying tots to use them. Tots are more of a commodity than an item at this point. They will always have some value, but with the market flooded, the value of each individual tot is deflated. Now, if Xavier was to introduce some amazing new greater ToT that everyone had to have, then those factors would change, but it aint happening. ToTs are like IRL copper. A useful commodity, traded at $4 a pound. The price will be stable for a long while.

ToTs are like IRL copper.
One humorous difference: IRL, copper's being bought up by the Chinese, while on Demise, ToTs are more of being bought up by Americans and Europeans. :p

never know, some new gtot pigments or somthing would help out alot, and not cause much issue.
...Except that an unprecedented GToT would be un-OSI like: stretching, skewing, etc. the EVENTS is fine to match OSI, (since after all, not all OSI shards ran ToTs for the exact same periods) but Demise must match all the ITEMS to be OSI-like.