UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(Cancelled) Sunday January 21st Bombing Run Team Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronus

and his amazing friends
(Cancelled) Sunday January 21st Bombing Run Team Tournament

This event has been cancelled due to lack of signups.

This post is for reference purposes only

That's right, the Demise Seer team is bringing you a single elimination, 8 man team, Bombing Run tournament. Read on for the details!

Teams will consist of exactly 8 players. To register a team get all 8 characters together at one time, and page a staff member who will come and record your entry. Please provide a team name at this time as well. No substitutions or team changes may be made after the tournament begins. Players can only be a member of one team, and cannot join other teams using their other accounts. Doing so will result in an immediate disqualification.

The tournament bracket will be generated shortly before the start of the event, and will be posted in this thread for public viewing. The event will be single elimination, meaning once your team loses a match you are done competing (unless a tie breaker round is needed).

The tournament will begin at 6PM PST (GMT -8) on Sunday Janurary 21st, and each match will last 10 minutes, with a few minutes in between each match to get teams into their positions and register them for their match.

The tournament will be standard event ruleset, except for the disabling of the Holy Light spell.

If less than 5 teams register for this event, the event will be called off.

The prize list will be posted once it has been determined.

Re: Sunday January 21st Bombing Run Team Tournament

I don't even know 7 people in the game and have been playing for like over a year haha.
Guess it is because I speak english only and don't understand the other players.

birdman2279

Wanderer

yeh it might be an idea to organise the teams yourself for those that dont know many ppl ingame

You can count myself and 7 of my guildmates in, thats for sure.

We'll probalby register up a team tomorrow night!

Cronus

and his amazing friends

For the people who are interested in being part of a random team assignment, send me an email at [email protected] Please be very specific in your email. Don't send a message saying "sign me up". Send me something describing who you are, what character (and account) you want to enter, and specify that it's for the Bombing Run tournament on 1/21/2007.

I'll add your name to a list of people who want to participate but don't have a team and group you into teams as I get enough people.

Keep in mind that as a random team you will be at a disadvantage in that you will likely be paired up against guilds who may have Ventrilo or Teamspeak to coordinate their actions. As teams are filled and registered I will append them to the first post in this thread, so you can get in contact with your teammates and work out any details (communication, who's defense/offense, etc).

Cronus

and his amazing friends

Since this is still coming up, and the other event is complete, I think it's only fitting that we bump this. :D

Cronus

and his amazing friends

Only a single individual has signed up for this. Not a single team has even registered. Are you guys that uninterested?

p01n7e

Sorceror

In Bombing runs ? - Yes.But that's only me.personally i like ctf/duels(both 1v1 and 2v2)/ffa.

Windows Dark

Wanderer

Cronus-demise;215973 said:
Only a single individual has signed up for this. Not a single team has even registered. Are you guys that uninterested?

TBH, yes, this is not really interesting for some of us..
8 guys team. It is hard to find people because of timezones, rl stuff and much more things in the way. If you start a random 8v8 fight, like you start a ctf or double domination, it will be easier for some people, other won't be able to play it. But if you make 2, most of people will play. I bet.

I won't play this event. :/

But anyway... good luck running it :>

ZachM1

Sorceror

As a guild we (e.) definitely want to participate in this, but we talked about it and for Demises population, maybe smaller teams would be better. It would be pretty hard for most guilds to round up 8 players that can be on at this time, let alone find 8 that are interested. Maybe teams of 4 would be better?

kazzz

Wanderer

Zach-demise;216134 said:
As a guild we (e.) definitely want to participate in this, but we talked about it and for Demises population, maybe smaller teams would be better. It would be pretty hard for most guilds to round up 8 players that can be on at this time, let alone find 8 that are interested. Maybe teams of 4 would be better?
I think the bombing runs are a great idea as well... teams of 3-4 would be ideal.

Well, we originally had about 7 that were interested. 1 of which is now banned, and can't play. He was also our best player, so some people lost interest after that.

Lucifall

Knight

ParagonDancer;216199 said:
Well, we originally had about 7 that were interested. 1 of which is now banned, and can't play. He was also our best player, so some people lost interest after that.

At least you have a team. :/

z0rak

Wanderer

getting 8 people online at a time on this shard just won't ever happen -- at most there might be 3 groups that could do it -- e., RW, and NME/TaR/E|Q/whatever -- the event should be modified for 2-, 3-, or 4-man teams.

Windows Dark

Wanderer

Yeah, thats true.

Its hard to say if I will be able to play, one week before the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.