UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Castle/Keep Staircase Deco

gugutz

Knight
Re: Castle/Keep Staircase Deco

Raylin McCluster;533079 said:
Sadly, yes.

If i put a goza a tile befoer that and place it in a higher level, won't i be able to pass through that tile and to go the roof?
Or the goza must be there so i can walk through it?

Malafor

Knight

Is the snow stuck under that goza permanently? cus i cant target the snow to release it after ive placed the goza over it.

Are there any other craftable items useable instead of snow?

Oaks

Knight

That's where razor comes into play.

Make a macro saying "i wish to release this" and which subsequently targets snowpiles to release them, and use scavenger to pick them up afterwards.

As far as I am aware snowpiles are the only known item to be useable in this way.

Malafor

Knight

Oaks;534570 said:
That's where razor comes into play.

Make a macro saying "i wish to release this" and which subsequently targets snowpiles to release them, and use scavenger to pick them up afterwards.

As far as I am aware snowpiles are the only known item to be useable in this way.

I love you oaks, saved my day. :)

Been going through every craftable item soon to find a substitute hehe.

Oaks

Knight

Full credit goes to the one (forgot the name) who originally posted about this whole snowpile/raising thing and Yellek who provided the answer on the way to retrieve the snow afterwards.

I'm just repeating their posts here.

Edit: Only took a few seconds to find the original how-to, it was from Arrant; http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79642&highlight=snowpiles

And the guy who found out about the snowpile thing, few more screenshots; http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80253&highlight=snow

Hmm... This looks interesting. I'd be rather happy to be able to have line of sight to the top of a castle, so that I might be able to actually place things up there. That was my major qualm about them... So bland, no option for decorations up there. :p

Okay, I finally got a castle after AGES of trying to get one.

I did the staircase deco and here it is =)

Attachments

• yay.jpg
    yay.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 192

gugutz

Knight

Raylin McCluster;535685 said:
I video.... about me....

I feel special!

You could try to make a video of you doing the first trick. The one of putting the snow pile on the blocking tile :D

I use Camtasia Studio, as some posts suggest it.
However, my guild leader uses AmaRecCo (a japanese program but also in english) that is similar, and Windows Media Encoder with some external programs (look here: http://crownjewelindemise.hp.infoseek.co.jp/howtorec.html)

Keep in mind my guild leader use uncompressed formats, while I use ffdshow + xvid as codec to capture.

Added: about the "picture in japanese"... http://crownjewelindemise.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/c-board-e/file/translated.jpg

uome

Bug Hunter

I've used razor's avi and camstudio to record the videos i've done. They were both edited using windows movie maker.

uome

Bug Hunter

Thats the rpv bit that crashes, if you record using the avi function it seems ok but you have to flip it verticaly and mess about with the framerate to get it right. I find the camstudio(LC uses this one too) one easier and dosn't seem to lag me out as much as some others.

I tried Camstudio before, but the quality I get back (with same Camtasia's settings, ffdshow + xvid 900kb/s) it's really bad.
Which video settings do you use?

About the audio, if your soundcard supports it, you can record audio from speakers (or use "stereo mix" as source). If all fails and you want the game audio, you could jump the mic in and line out with a cable, and adjusting the mic volume. Sound could be distorted, although... and you have to play without hearing while capturing.