UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Changing automatic client detection

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Razor (and most other UO tools) locate your UO client using the registry. If you have multiple clients installed, or if you installed UO from a newer installer, this may fail.

Note: the post below describes how to construct the registry key file manually. You can also generate it by following the new guide:
http://www.uohybrid.com/common-client-issues#cliloc

To change the detected directory, you can manually replace the registry keys. You can do this as follows:
  1. Open Notepad from the start menu, under Accessories. (Any plain text editor will work. Do not use Wordpad or Microsoft Word.)
  2. Copy and paste the appropriate code for you into Notepad.

If you have 32-bit Windows XP/Vista/7/8, use:
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
    "ExePath"="[your client path]\\client.exe"
    "InstCDPath"="[your client path]"
    "PatchExePath"="[your client path]\\uopatch.exe"
    "StartExePath"="[your client path]\\uo.exe"

If you have 64-bit Windows XP/Vista/7/8, use:
    Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
    "ExePath"="[your client path]\\client.exe"
    "InstCDPath"="[your client path]"
    "PatchExePath"="[your client path]\\uopatch.exe"
    "StartExePath"="[your client path]\\uo.exe"

If you are not sure which version you have, open the C:\ drive. If you see both a folder named "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)", you have 64-bit Windows. If you only see a folder named "Program Files", you have 32-bit Windows.
  3. Replace every instance of "[your client path]" with the path you want Razor and Sallos to use. This must match your UO client location exactly. You must also use double slashes. Examples of files paths are:

C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic
    C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Classic
    D:\\Games\\Ultima Online

If you don't know where you installed your client, start a Windows search for "uo.exe".

This is an example of what the code should look like now, for 32-bit Windows and the first example directory:
    Code:

"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\client.exe"
    "InstCDPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic"
    "PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uopatch.exe"
    "StartExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Electronic Arts\\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss Classic\\uo.exe"
  4. Click File -> Save As...

Use "uo.reg" as the file name.
    Save as type "All Files (*.*)".

Save it. You can put it anywhere you want, just remember the location for the next step.
  5. Close Notepad and browse to where you saved the file. Right-click the file and select Merge. If that option is not available, right-click the file again and select Open with -> Registry Editor.
  6. The Registry Editor will ask you for confirmation. Confirm the import action.
You can now restart Razor to see if the changes were successful. If you experience any issues using this, please post below.

Justice83

Wanderer
It's not allowing me to do the merge... Cannot import C:\blablabla\uo.reg: Error accessing the registry.

Any ideas on what to do?

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
It's not allowing me to do the merge... Cannot import C:\blablabla\uo.reg: Error accessing the registry.

Any ideas on what to do?
That usually means there's a syntax error in the .reg code. Are you sure you used double slashes for your client path name? If you want, you could send me the file content in a private message and I'll have a look.

Justice83

Wanderer
So I am trying to run UO and Razor off of my flash drive and it still seems to have the same problem. Here is what I am putting into the .reg.

"ExePath"="G:\\UO\\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="G:\\UO"
"PatchExePath"="G:\\UO\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="G:\\UO\\uo.exe"

G:\ is the drive it associated my flash drive to and I simply named the entire game folder UO. It continues to give me the
"Error accessing the registry" prompt when I try to merge.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
It runs just fine on my home computer so I am not to sure why its having trouble here at my work comp.
Is your work computer perhaps restricted in any way? Are you on an administrator account? It's possible you're simply not able to add things to the registry. In that case, you could still play using Razor. You just have to enter the UO data directory (G:\UO) manually in the Razor welcome screen. The "No cliloc found" error can be ignored.

Justice83

Wanderer
The only issue is that it wont load up Razor without showing the "No cliloc found" error. It wont let me passed that, UO loads up just fine by itself but of course I can't access Hybrid.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Have you tried just running the UO installer on your work computer? It's a long shot, but it may just be crazy enough to work.

Justice83

Wanderer
Installing or running UO is not the problem, razor isn't loading. No worries, ill figure something out...thanks for the help.

I've been lazy and just got around to trying this. I got a pop up that says:

Canno import "file path" This specified file is not a registry script. You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor.

tried it with both methods the merge and open with.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I've been lazy and just got around to trying this. I got a pop up that says:

Canno import "file path" This specified file is not a registry script. You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor.

tried it with both methods the merge and open with.
Try the following:
  • Start the Registry Editor.
    • On Windows XP: Click Start -> Run..., type in "regedit" and click OK.
    • On Windows Vista/7: Click Start, type "regedit" into the search field and press enter. Allow the request.
  • In the Registry Editor, click File -> Import...
  • Locate the registry file you created, select it and click Open. You may have to set the file filter to "All Files".
If that gives you the following error, please post the contents of your registry file.
"Cannot import <path>: The specified file is not a registry file. You can import only registry files."

Senta

Sorceror
Shino -

I tried editing my regedit file successfully however it still asks me for the client.exe location each time. In addition, i went into Regedit and noticed that there is nothing under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online].

Any other suggestions as it said it successfully updated the registry but it is still asking me to direct it to the .exe file. I just installed Windows 7 from Vista 64 bit last night and prior to doing this it never asked me for this.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Shino -

I tried editing my regedit file successfully however it still asks me for the client.exe location each time. In addition, i went into Regedit and noticed that there is nothing under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online].

Any other suggestions as it said it successfully updated the registry but it is still asking me to direct it to the .exe file. I just installed Windows 7 from Vista 64 bit last night and prior to doing this it never asked me for this.
Did you perhaps get 32-bit windows 7?

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Could you upload the registry file you're importing to pastebin.com? I'll have a look.