UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(Complete) 10/16: Double Domination Tonight 8pm Eastern (GM-5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seer Mia

Wanderer
(Complete) 10/16: Double Domination Tonight 8pm Eastern (GM-5)

Double Domination Tonight 8pm Eastern (GM-5)

Sorry for the lack of tournys the last week folks, have been ill irl and it was hard to say if I'd even be awake for something I scheduled. :)

Re: 10/16: Double Domination Tonight 8pm Eastern (GM-5)

Sorry to hear that you were ill. And no real problem for the lack of events; we had a surprise 1v1 and 2v2 last week. (Tuesday? Wednesday? Don't remember when) so it wasn't TOO bad. This is still the best shard for events. And I'm glad to hear you're well again... Being ill, at least in my opinion, is NEVER fun.

Lady vex

Wanderer

Sorry Noob question

What is Double Domination?

Lady vex

Lady vex said:
Sorry Noob question

What is Double Domination?

Lady vex
Not really a noob question, since DD has little, really, to do with UO.

Double-Dom, as it's often shortened into, is a game mode from the FPS title Unreal Tournament 2004. Basically, there's a map SIMILAR to a CTF map, only instead of two bases, there are simply two "control points."

Players from each team can capture a control point by touching it. Obviously, it can be taken by the OTHER team if they touch it.

The goal is for one team to have BOTH control points. If one team gets both under their control, a 10-second countdown begins. If they manage to hold the spots for that time, that team scores a point.

It might sound a little complicated, but it's a rather fast-paced, easy and fun PvP team event.

Re: (Complete) 10/16: Double Domination Tonight 8pm Eastern (GM-5)

Fun event, even though I made all of 500 gold for my efforts. :p (I keep losing points, running into those flame pillars and dying. Hm... :/)

At any rate, shouldn't perhaps rules for this be added to the Events Explanation Thread?

Banana

Wanderer
Re: (Complete) 10/16: Double Domination Tonight 8pm Eastern (GM-5)

1AM for me :( and I'm ill as well at the moment so I doubt I'll stay up.

Ah well, maybe next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.