UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE] 15 new growable plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] 15 new growable plants

There seems to be an issue with scaling the images in the gumps for the cypress trees, which causes the client to crash.
I'm not sure of the current situation, hopefully Gisela might have an idea about it.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Yeah, the client crash is really evil. I have been considering a hack for it but it feels dirty. It's very annoying to me that I can't debug the client. :(

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Gisela -

Are you still making progress on this one? This is a pretty big project - just wanting to check in with you.

LC

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Ok. I replaced the gump image for the cypresses to a small, generic tree that doesn't trigger the client crash (afaict, more testing would be appreciated).

The rest is the same. Attached is a full patch that applies to current svn.

Code:
Index: Scripts/Engines/Plants/MainPlantGump.cs
===================================================================
--- Scripts/Engines/Plants/MainPlantGump.cs    (revision 369)
+++ Scripts/Engines/Plants/MainPlantGump.cs    (working copy)
@@ -129,7 +129,11 @@
                 PlantTypeInfo typeInfo = PlantTypeInfo.GetInfo( m_Plant.PlantType );
                 PlantHueInfo hueInfo = PlantHueInfo.GetInfo( m_Plant.PlantHue );

-                AddItem( 130 + typeInfo.OffsetX, 96 + typeInfo.OffsetY, typeInfo.ItemID, hueInfo.Hue );
+                // The large images for these trees trigger a client crash, so use a smaller, generic tree.
+                if ( m_Plant.PlantType == PlantType.CypressTwisted || m_Plant.PlantType == PlantType.CypressStraight )
+                    AddItem( 130 + typeInfo.OffsetX, 96 + typeInfo.OffsetY, 0x0CCA, hueInfo.Hue );
+                else
+                    AddItem( 130 + typeInfo.OffsetX, 96 + typeInfo.OffsetY, typeInfo.ItemID, hueInfo.Hue );
             }

if ( status != PlantStatus.BowlOfDirt )
@@ -385,4 +389,4 @@
             return null;
         }
     }
-}
\ No newline at end of file
+}

Attachments

• plants6.txt
    15.1 KB · Views: 7

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [Missing Feature (patch available)] 15 new growable plants

That seems to have sorted the client crash issue, nice work :)
Gisela;582321 said:
This is just a matter of twiddling the x/y offset values in the planttype table. The 0,0 here:

And it is beyond tedious ;p
I know you wern't keen on fidling with the offsets so here are the changes that are needed:
0x1A9A, 5, 10, PlantType.FlaxFlowers,
0x1A9F, 5, -25, PlantType.HopsEast,
0x0C8E, -20, 0, PlantType.SnowdropPatch,
0x0DC1, -5, 15, PlantType.WaterLily,
0x0DB8, 0, -20, PlantType.HedgeTall,
0x1AA1, 10, -25, PlantType.HopsSouth,

Apart from those can you please add drops for MLDryads and i think its good to go. :D

here is what the hops should look like

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 79

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

If I read correctly, then the cypress art that should have been used is not being used now?

uome

Bug Hunter

LadyCrimson;602386 said:
If I read correctly, then the cypress art that should have been used is not being used now?
That is correct, heres an image of the one that is being used now.
View attachment 16089

Here is a patch from my tc that includes the new offsets and the drops for MLDryads.

Attachments

• plantgump.JPG
    plantgump.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 63
  • peculiar plants.patch
    14.7 KB · Views: 22

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

ok... so, I'm not 100% I'm comfortable introducing in a growable plant that is NOT growable on OSI.. or is this the same tree just different artwork?.... psz wanna weigh in?

uome

Bug Hunter

LadyCrimson;603266 said:
ok... so, I'm not 100% I'm comfortable introducing in a growable plant that is NOT growable on OSI.. or is this the same tree just different artwork?.... psz wanna weigh in?
Oh no it's not a different plant just the image for the gump, that gump is used for the two cypress trees you can see just above it in the picture.
It was the rescaling of the cypress tree image for the gump that overloaded the client and caused a crash, not the actual plant itself.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

OHHHHHHH ok :) then I suppose that's livable and honestly, can be fixed at a later date.

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Thanks uome; I could have sworn I adjusted the other images already. I guess I lost it while updating.

LC: that alternate plant image only shows up in the plant gump for 3 days (days 7 - 10). I don't like it, but didn't see any alternative.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

*nods*

I understand why now... took me a moment :)

I'm ok with this fix but should something need to change in the future, it can be handled via another bug report.

Gisela

Bug Hunter
Re: [TESTING] 15 new growable plants

Well uome has tested the HELL out of this already ;-)

I'm unclear about what all these new rules and processes are. Is there a public thread about it?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I know its been tested - I just know another patch was placed on the forums after the initial testing, so that means..... retest :)

Copern

Sorceror

Just out of curiosity, did you try the other Cypress Tree graphic (0x0CF8) in the gump? It looks similar to the other one. Maybe that one won't cause a crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.