UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE] New Haven Treasure Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
[COMPLETE] New Haven Treasure Maps

Bug: New Haven maps still spawn. These cannot be dug up sooooo kinda pointless to even have them in game. This was an SE change as far as I can tell unless someone else knows otherwise. I don't know the exact pinpoint of dates.

Fix: Seems all that needs done is the coords removed from treasure.cs

Code:
Code:
Index: treasure.cfg
===================================================================
--- treasure.cfg (revision 319)
+++ treasure.cfg (working copy)
@@ -80,15 +80,15 @@
 2804 2255
 2850 2252
 2932 2240
-3568 2402
-3702 2825
-3511 2421
-3533 2471
-3417 2675
+# 3568 2402
+# 3702 2825
+# 3511 2421
+# 3533 2471
+# 3417 2675
 3425 2723
 3476 2761
-3541 2784
-3558 2819
+# 3541 2784
+# 3558 2819
 3594 2825
 4419 3117
 4471 3188

psz

Administrator
Re: New Haven Treasure Maps

Publish 44 introduced New Haven. This would be an ML Only feature (although you have to consider that even Pre-ML shards will most likely have New Haven mapfiles, just from patching)
Broken Haven Level 0 Treasure Map locations have been fixed.

Side note, seems OSI had a similar bug to us:
Fixed issue with logouts in New Haven Inn not being considered "safe"

Another side note: A new player claimed that OSI had sped up the skill/stat increase.

From Publish 44:
The accelerated gain area spam has been replaced by a sound effect and a buff icon

I seem to recall new players/young players having accelerated gains, so that must be what they meant.

It's a publish 44 modification. 4 treasure locations (197-198-199-200) should not appear in Trammel anymore.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

After speaking with psz, I'll be making the modification for all core based on his first statement above. The old maps are still in the file only commented out so should a person be using an old map with old haven, they can turn them on very easily. Having those maps not spawn even on an old map isn't detrimental considering its a valid location just without a map.

LadyCrimson;559774 said:
After speaking with psz, I'll be making the modification for all core based on his first statement above. The old maps are still in the file only commented out so should a person be using an old map with old haven, they can turn them on very easily. Having those maps not spawn even on an old map isn't detrimental considering its a valid location just without a map.

what happens here:
http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showpost.php?p=538308&postcount=19

The solution would be to find where treasure maps are handled and do (if (Core.ML) {Trammel = spawn from 1 to 196, Felucca 1 to 200 } else {tram & fel = from 1 to 200}

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

The only question that remains with this fix is "Does Felucca still have the old map locations" - if so then a check needs to be put in when applying the facet. The fix above is purely to comment out those maps that don't work based on the Trammel map. It won't hurt to NOT have them in Felucca but I continue looking to find out if they do or do not.

LC

LadyCrimson;559812 said:
The only question that remains with this fix is "Does Felucca still have the old map locations" - if so then a check needs to be put in when applying the facet. The fix above is purely to comment out those maps that don't work based on the Trammel map. It won't hurt to NOT have them in Felucca but I continue looking to find out if they do or do not.

A way to test your fix would be to comment out almost every coordinate and see which T-maps pop up.

Your fix would be good in Demise, but I suppose it won't be accepted in RunUO because it influences also pre-ML shards, especially if there is a way to revert the Haven map in RunUO, as you have confirmed.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

It would revert but the catch is, even if they used the OLD map, the only thing is they would not get treasure maps in those old locations... so it wouldn't break their map either.

Im not at all qualified to mess with the config file so beyond having 3 lists "preML maps", "postML Tram" and "PostML Fel" - I'm not sure how to go about fixing it.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

osd_daedalus;559791 said:
what happens here:
http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showpost.php?p=538308&postcount=19

The solution would be to find where treasure maps are handled and do (if (Core.ML) {Trammel = spawn from 1 to 196, Felucca 1 to 200 } else {tram & fel = from 1 to 200}

Treasure map coordinates are pulled from a data .cfg file... they are just listed out.... so it would be more like if "core.ML and map == tram then pull file 1", else if core.ml and map == fel then pull file 2, else pull file 3

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

ok, confirmation from a friend who has played UO longer that I...

The maps removed from haven never existed in fel. (Demise has been really wrong for a really long time). The maps in haven were only used for a new player quest ages ago. They were never in Fel....

So does this mean that all the existing maps are now destroyed or removed?
If not then are we just to dispose of them?

I had quite a few from these areas and just wanted to know the status of what to do so I can clean up my t-map room accordingly :)

Subjazz;571305 said:
So does this mean that all the existing maps are now destroyed or removed?
If not then are we just to dispose of them?

I had quite a few from these areas and just wanted to know the status of what to do so I can clean up my t-map room accordingly :)

they should persist. In that case, just dispose of them... although I think that's the only case you can ask a GM to change it for another one.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

The only way the map is "broke" is if it has already been decoded and was decoded with one of the map locations that was removed. Any map you have now that has not been decoded is not going to break as the coords are assigned on decode.

Status
Not open for further replies.