UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE] *priority* Nature's Fury - multiple problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier

Account Terminated
[COMPLETE] *priority* Nature's Fury - multiple problems

On Demise:
- NF will enter private houses
- NF can be cast into a house regardless of access
- NF have 100% physical *and* 100% poison dmg
- NF base dmg 5-7

On OSI:
- NF will not enter a private home
- NF can not be cast in a house region unless the caster is friend
- NF do 100% poison damage
- NF base dmg is 6-8

EDIT: Forgot, the source of my info is my own OSI testing.

Also, LoS check for NF target to prevent casting "through" doors, walls, etc.

The end result of the damage fixes is slightly over 50% of the current Demise NF damage, 100% poison.

They will no longer be castable into a house unless the caster is friend or better access to the house, and they will not follow anyone into a private house.

Attachments

• nf-fix.patch
    3.2 KB · Views: 18

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [TESTING] Nature's Fury - multiple problems

I can confirm this behaviour of nature's fury on OSI and I have tested this script.

You cannot cast it into a private or public house that you are not friended or above in, this script fixes that

If you cast your own nature's fury and attack it in felucca and run into a private house it will not follow you inside the house, this script does that fine.

You cannot cast nature's furies through doors or walls, this works too.

The damage the Nature's fury does is the same as OSI now.

Nature's fury on OSI does 100% poison damage, this script fixes that too.

It all seems to be working fine for me.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

5 day timer has started - more testers. I'm considering this one priority (based on staff experience with pages) so if I can get 2 more testers to agree it is working, then it can be moved to READY status.

uome

Bug Hunter

i havn't tested yet but i have a question.
does this patch stop you from casting natures fury in a public house?

The reason i ask is because i have noticed that some event locations seem to be built using a house base so will this adversly affect events?

Xavier

Account Terminated
Re: [TESTING] *priority* Nature's Fury - multiple problems

Yes it does - and thats how it is on OSI. Looks like we've reached an impasse here.

Mages cant cast EVs or such in houses either, right? So perhaps there is a better way for the events. Maybe the region can be altered or something? psz?

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [TESTING] *priority* Nature's Fury - multiple problems

SRC Xavier;595966 said:
Mages cant cast EVs or such in houses either, right?
Also maybe paladins casting noble sacrifice?

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [READY] *priority* Nature's Fury - multiple problems

Sorry just found an issue with this one.

You can get nf's onto the front step of a private house by targeting the house sign. It is possible to damage the person inside if they are close enough. (see pic)

If you target a sign on a public house you can get the nf's inside and free to roam the whole house.

Not all nf's get in just the occasional one that gets lucky.
Everything else seems to work fine :)

View attachment 15908

Attachments

• nf.JPG
    nf.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 140

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Great catch!!!! Moving back to IN DEVELOPMENT.

Because this is priority - if we can get the fix and 3 testers on it before tomorrow evening, it is still viable for inclusion in this weekends SVN (provided we get one).

LC

Xavier

Account Terminated
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] *priority* Nature's Fury - multiple problems

3 now aye? When did we just up and change anything? Be lucky to get 2.

That fury should be getting ejected as soon as it moves, but Ill check and see if its anything in my code that could check this.

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

Unless we are requiring EVERY change be tested by 3 people, I see no reason for this requirement. Not that it would be a bad thing, but all changes should be treated equally.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

With priority changes, in order to bypass the 5 day wait, having 3 testers is an acceptable "switch" out - if we don't get three people by tomorrow night, then it just falls into the 5 day wait, same as before.

It is a logical way to deal with priority fixes that impact the server. If we forced all to be treated the same, we would not have gotten in the taming fixes that needed to occur for bonding in as soon as they did (and there was something else, don't remember what).

The majority (with few exceptions) of these fixes are treated as standard priority and move along the regular timeline (minimum 1 tester that is NOT the developer and a 5 day wait period for others to test if they wish). If the is considered a priority, then concessions must be made in order to expidite the issue which time is exchanged for number of testers.

This is standard business practice.

LC

Xavier

Account Terminated

Theres something odd going on with that corner of the steps and I dont think its just from tagetting the sign. I just had one walk up onto that corner when in wander mode.

Well Im not going to go read half of the runuo scripts right now over that corner of the steps (as ive got something else im trying to finish), so if you dont want to fix this expoit over that tile, so be it. Its not like that tile cant be fixed next week... and its a HELL of a lot better than whats going on now.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I'll leave the decision up to you and Caine then - put this in and fix the tile week or make it 100% functional and fix it. Its not like this is a new issue that's been introduced to the server - people have been able to use furies improperly since their induction.

I prefer that if its going to be fixed - fix it. Either way affects me not. If you choose to put it in then fix the tile for next week, please drop a new bug report in.

LC

psz

Administrator

Fix what can be fixed.

Open a new report for the "unfixed" portion.

uome

Bug Hunter

I have just managed to get an energy vortex in through that corner of the house too without targeting the sign, the only difference is if you try and target a house sign with an ev you get the message that location is blockled.
It might be a good idea to cosider this as a seperate issue.

psz

Administrator

Considering just how old of an issue this is, I don't think a blanket "Get it 100% Perfect In One Go" is exactly optimal.

As I said: Fix what can be fixed, and open a new report for the remaining issue(s)

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

The patch in this thread fixes the issue with natures furies. There is a new thread created in the bug forum for the housing issue that effects summons in general and not just NF.

Status
Not open for further replies.