UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(Complete) Storytelling Night Thursday August 17 @ 8:00 PM Eastern Time (GMT - 5)

Cronus

and his amazing friends
(Complete) Storytelling Night Thursday August 17 @ 8:00 PM Eastern Time (GMT - 5)

Thursday August 17 @ 8:00 PM Eastern Time (GMT - 5): Storytelling. Gates will appear at Luna bank, Umbra bank, and Britain's West bank in Trammel. These will be blue Storytelling gates, not the standard dark colored event gates. You are limited to 5 minutes per story, one story per person. The stories must be CLEARLY Ultima Online themed and in roleplaying character style. Since it's considered an RP event, anyone being obnoxious, trading, spamming, or carrying on about IRL topics will be either booted or jailed, depending on how much of a nuisance it's decided that you've been. This event will be hosted by Seer Naddict and myself.

Prizes:

1st Place: 25k
2nd Place:10k
3rd Place: 5k

Re: Storytelling Night Thursday August 17 @ 8:00 PM Eastern Time (GMT - 5)

Aw, snap, it appears I won't be able to hang around for it. Could somebody please keep a tab on what's told? I'd really like to hear some of the better ones, judging from what I saw last time...

Naddict

Sorceror

Thanks again to everyone who came out tonight.

The winners were:

1st: Kurwai Matsusaka
2nd: Illium
3rd: Ace of Spades

Hope-Neathus

Wanderer

I haven't ever been to any of the events and I was wondering ... Can people just go to watch? I would have loved to hear the stories... :)

Cronus

and his amazing friends

Hope-Neathus said:
I haven't ever been to any of the events and I was wondering ... Can people just go to watch? I would have loved to hear the stories... :)

You are quite welcome to come and watch.

Kurwai

Wanderer

Kurwai can't remember all... even though he wasn't drunk! He wasn't drunk at all! He was drunk once... oooh, he remember.
He was sitting at the inn when three of those thugs came in. One big, one middle height and one short. Wearing different clothes he could say the biggest is an arristocrate, the middle's a hunter and the short one's a miner. All of them ordered beers.
Suddenly an arristocrate said: "There's a fly in my pit!" and he pushed his beer away with disgust.
Then a hunter looked at his drink, said: "Oh, there's one in mine too..." and scooped at his beer until he washed the fly out and then continued drinking.
It was obvious for Kurwai there's a fly in miner's pit as well. And there was! Without saying a word the shortest thug carefully picked the fly out of his drink, then held it out over the beer and started yelling:
- "SPIT IT OUT YOU -----! SPIT IT OUT!!!"

Hope-Neathus said:
Thank you so very much for answering my Q :D
It works the same as with tournaments, but in my opinion, the positioning's better; storytelling takes place in a nice sort of auditorioum building, so there are benches for you to sit at; leave your mounts at the door. Yes, all this RP stuff may feel a little silly at times, but that's largely what UO's about.

Kurwai said:
Kurwai can't remember all... even though he wasn't drunk! He wasn't drunk at all! He was drunk once... oooh, he remember.
He was sitting at the inn when three of those thugs came in. One big, one middle height and one short. Wearing different clothes he could say the biggest an arristocrate, the middle's a hunter and a short one's a miner. All of them ordered beers.
Suddenly an arristocrate said: "There's a fly in my pit!" and he pushed his beer away with disgust.
Then a hunter looked at his drink, said: "Oh, there's one in mine too..." and scooped at his beer until he washed the fly out and then continued drinking.
It was obvious for Kurwai there's a fly in miner's pit as well. And there was! Without saying a word he carefully picked the fly out of his drink, then held it out over the beer and started yelling:
- "SPIT IT OUT YOU -----! SPIT IT OUT!!!"
If I could full understand the punchline, (I can't quite put my finger on it...) I'd enjoy that a lot more, but I can already see you did a great job; congrats, great joke you told.

Oh, and thanks for posting that; as I indicated beforehand, I wasn't able to attend.

Naddict

Sorceror

The miner is telling the fly to spit out the beer :p

Naddict said:
The miner is telling the fly to spit out the beer :p
Oh, THAT was what I missed. Makes more sense now. (I've had a full night's sleep, which helps as well...) :p