UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[Completed] something fishy

Status
Not open for further replies.

uome

Bug Hunter
[CODER NEEDED] something fishy

Yeah theres something fishy going on. I'm fishing atm and this is what i keep getting:
View attachment 32422
I'm not sure if it's related to this but i havn't been fishing for a while.

I'm on client version 7.0.9.1. The message looks fine using 7.0.5.0.

Attachments

• fishing.JPG
    fishing.JPG
    6.6 KB · Views: 50

cstewart

Squire
Re: [CODER NEEDED] something fishy

Looks like it has to do with the base harvesting tool file that deals with displaying the uses remaining. Since the pole doesn't have a uses remaining it spits out garbage.

I can't reproduce this... I assume it's something about a missing cliloc or anyway something about messages of out-of-uses... but I can't get any.

Is this bug still valid?

Bama

Bug Huntress
You can reproduce it on test center and actually fish without a fishing pole in your hands very strange on demise you can fish with out a fishing pole in your hands or a fishing pole in one hand yet on osi 2 hands are needed to hold a fishing pole
Stella_1-12_12.27.jpg

I have a suspect...

can I ask you to tell me which is the message in OSI? "You pull out an item: a fish" or "You pull out a fish!" ?

Bama

Bug Huntress
I have a suspect...

can I ask you to tell me which is the message in OSI? "You pull out an item: a fish" or "You pull out a fish!" ?

The one in bold but it is more like this

"You pull out an item : a fish"
Let me get you a screen shot

*shrugs* then there are 2 issues (about message, issues with fishsing pole are more) and no idea why the "fish" is not accepted as variable, causing the ~1_val~ to show up. Thank you.

uome

Bug Hunter
I think i have found the culprit for this one.
Heres a patch.

Hmmm it's not letting me upload stuff.

uome

Bug Hunter
Yeah i just tried a different browser too.
I was so happy that i have managed to work this one out. :(
I'll try again tommorow.

uome

Bug Hunter
Since i still can't upload files. Heres the patch, you just need to copy it to a notepad ect ect. Hopefully it won't replace the tabs with spaces or anything.
Code:
Index: Scripts/Engines/Harvest/Fishing.cs
===================================================================
--- Scripts/Engines/Harvest/Fishing.cs    (revision 669)
+++ Scripts/Engines/Harvest/Fishing.cs    (working copy)
@@ -440,7 +440,7 @@
                else if ( item is Fish )
                {
                    number = 1008124;
-                    name = "a fish";
+                    name = "fish";
                }
                else if ( item is BaseShoes )
                {
@@ -473,11 +473,7 @@
                    else
                        name = item.ItemData.Name;
                }
-
-                if ( number == 1043297 )
-                    from.SendLocalizedMessage( number, name );
-                else
-                    from.SendLocalizedMessage( number, true, name );
+                from.SendLocalizedMessage( number, name );
            }
        }

@@ -561,4 +557,4 @@
                0x74B5, 0x75D5
            };
    }
-}
\ No newline at end of file
+}
This was the culprit anyway. In Scripts\Engines\Harvest\Fishing.cs, line 480:
from.SendLocalizedMessage( number, true, name );

Attachments

• Fishy.patch
    790 bytes · Views: 11

AlphaDragon

Squire
Just a note: I know its an old post, even with the svn 762 and uoml 7.0.12.0 I was having this ussue, not sure if it is because of the 7.0.12.0 ver or not but glad I found this. Thanks.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
The issue here is that OSI changed their clilocs (1008124 and 1008125, among others) for the High Seas expansion to include an argument, instead of just appending the result. Therefore, only HS+ clients will experience this bug. I suggest sending the new format only when the user is connected using a new client, so the code will remain compatible with older ones.

A new patch is attached below.

Attachments

• Fishing-Cliloc.patch
    970 bytes · Views: 6

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
No point in linking to Jira like that. No one can see anything on the Jira page without an admin creating an account for them...kinda lame. Not much of a bug tracker if you can't even report bugs. :/

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Ah, I see. Just kept seeing Jira links, and none of them work for me. Seems kinda silly to leave registrations locked down for a bug reporting system. Not trying to be a dick, sorry. Just seems really...odd to me, that one would have to jump through a hoop basically just to report a bug or some useful info. May as well just stick to the forums. :/

Athena

Account Terminated
After speaking with Xavier, he's opened up the bug tracker to the public now. We had a few reasons not to do this initially.

Status
Not open for further replies.