UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Current changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavier

Account Terminated
So, it was a big success last time, lets do it again. This thread will stay open until either closing it, or making a new one becomes the appropriate choice.

This thread is for discussion, comments, complaints, "hell yes!" likes, or whatever thoughts you have and want to share regarding current changes on Demise.

Also, I will start the changelog Ive been promising you all in this post.

Rules? Yeah I have rules for this type of thread, very simple ones. ALL feedback and constructive comments / criticism are both acceptable and appreciated. But, if you come here just to bust someone's chops over something you dont like, dont bother, it will be deleted.

ALSO! Theres a lot of stuff on the testing/bugs threads that need attention or are very close to being usable, or even ready to go. Fact is, we only have so much time. So, I know some of you really wanted some of those updates done... so I always welcome replies with links that point me to the bugs section items you would like to see go in (ONLY if patches are already posted) or we NEED in. Just make sure theres a patch in the thread before you point me to it.

Doreileen

Sorceror
1st comment is I have been having more lag then normal when I try to do things in Demise, and today (Sunday the 28th) I cannot even log in. I live in California... so I was hoping things would get better.
2nd comment, I would like to have a storage container for plants, does Demise have something like this? Seeds, plants, both take up lots of space when I am working on getting a certain style and color of plant.
thanks for your time.

Xavier

Account Terminated
1st comment is I have been having more lag then normal when I try to do things in Demise, and today (Sunday the 28th) I cannot even log in. I live in California... so I was hoping things would get better.
2nd comment, I would like to have a storage container for plants, does Demise have something like this? Seeds, plants, both take up lots of space when I am working on getting a certain style and color of plant.
thanks for your time.

Network issues are outside the scope of this discussion. I can address it tho. The entire eastern seaboard of the united states just got wiped over by a hurricane. Last week, the entire NE portion of the united states was effected to some degree by a ~6 mag earthquake we had that originate about 40 or 50 miles from DC, and could be felt all the way up in canada, and its aftershocks. That being said, I am feeling unusual lag / choppy connections to demise today, too. Depending on where people are they may be affected by the stuff, as communications lines, power, etc can and have been adversely affected by the events of the last week.

I am completely unsurprised that theres some network latency, and tbh, just give it some time and see if it clears up.

As for the plants issue. I can not add stuff as part of standard gameplay that is not on OSI, but if I am not mistaken, the seeds should be stackable. IF so itll take me 30 secs to sort that.

Faerie_Storm

Traveler
I have 1 complaint, I live in Ontario, Canada (EST) and I cannot log in now. Also I have talked to 2 others living in Canada one who is also in Ontario, who have been unable to log in all day today (Sunday August 24th) and the other is in Manitoba, Canada (1 hour difference).

Phelon

Knight
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
Turn and face the strange
(Ch-ch-Changes)
Don't want to be a richer man
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
Turn and face the strange
(Ch-ch-Changes)
Just gonna have to be a different man

To clarify for those who may be upset about the over-use of the invisibility spell. Some of those are currently just a "place holder" for other spells to come correct? Things like aggressive necromancy spells?

Thanks.

Oh look, my text went all wonky with the quote.

Xavier

Account Terminated
thanks for your time.

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/demise-dns-issue-please-read.488113/

Pont

Knight
Here's my feedback regarding AI and more AI changes to come:

"The strong are not the ones to survive, it is those who can learn to adapt that will survive."

Greater dragons are strong, but can they adapt?

Voldy

Page
They did make seeds stackable but they also released a raised garden bed on OSI. Seems liek what I read makes it sound as though its a house feature rather then an addon. No need for dirt or pots to grow plants. Kinda neat too. Hope we get it sooner or later.
The new AI sounds great. Liches and wisps casting full necro would be funny!. Having to learn new ways to fight. I like the way you are testing things right on the shard. Any chance with that new AI we getting any of the Craftables from mondains? Pendant of magi, stitchers mitts, scrapper's compendium? My vote (like i have one lol) is we dont need those damn crafting quests just make em back pack drops lol.(vendor worked for SW book :0) I know Demise is striving to be as close to OSI as possible but even on OSI all shards are not completely uniform. In fact them being different ties into the shattering of the Immortality Gem and creating "shards". All the same except minor differences. Look at the Replicas that drop now those were all EM items that were rare (only like 10 or less on the servers they were made on. sold for millions cross shard trading) New AI just means wake up no running to bathroom while your GD tanks down 10 mobs. Thing I'd really like to see is a better way to get your corpse back. In these small rooms you cant find it half the time. Ctrl+Shft is useless most times due to too many corpses on ground. I like the way its going though and I thank you guys for your hard work so I can have some fun.

Sounds like perhaps the mobs ARE all casting Invisibility way too often. It's definitely good to have it on hand as a change-up, but it's pretty simple to deal with, and for those that've taken the 15 seconds to figure out how to deal with it are just seeing combat become more tedious as a result. (though the elimination of cheap necro-tamers is a good thing, still... Well maybe. Not sure how much they unintentionally contributed to PvP)

I'll agree what I'm REALLY hoping to see is the necromancy added. Most cheap PvM templates will have to do some SERIOUS re-thinking once, in particular, Blood Oath gets added. TBH, of all the AI changes, that's the one I'm looking forward to the most.

And as a question of curiosity, how many new types of AI (in terms of behavior packs) are we going to see? Are we simply just going to see a new "smart" set of AIs, in contrast to the current "dumb" AIs that were 100% universal?
My vote (like i have one lol) is we dont need those damn crafting quests just make em back pack drops lol.(vendor worked for SW book :0)
Spellweaving books are much more manageable: The stated intention is that once the spellweaving quests are properly added, all existing books will be deleted and (possibly) refunded.

Randomly giving out the recipes would be a headache. For one, you'd have to actually set up the stuff to drop them, which is vastly harder than just adding a new vendor. (unless I'm mistaken, a vendor can be modified in-game without changing any code, or rebooting the server: by comparison, adding new loot drops REQUIRES code-change)

As for the plants issue. I can not add stuff as part of standard gameplay that is not on OSI, but if I am not mistaken, the seeds should be stackable. IF so itll take me 30 secs to sort that.

Holy crap. You get this done, X, and I will erect a little shrine to you and worship before it daily.

I'd been bumming around on OSI TC about a month or two ago and was observing how seed stacking works. They have Poppies Dust there (multi-use resource from peculiar poppies that allows you to ID seeds), and I was curious how they handled stacking of un-ID'd seeds. Apparently OSI looks at the internal seed type and stacks them accordingly. So two "red seeds" that when ID'd or planted would be "red fern seeds" will stack together, but a third "red seed" which will become a red something else will not stack with them.

I don't know if that information would make your 30 second fix take much longer.... I hope not. Any other info you need to get this in, I'm willing to investigate/test.

I'm looking forward to building my shrine.

Yeah, the Gardener's Toolbox has been mentioned before. I don't see the need for one here if our engine works better than OSI's to where if you say "stackable = true" here, all seeds do as they should and stack. It seems the toolbox was only added to take care of, as you say, the bugged and/or legacy ones. If ours don't bug, why bother with the toolbox?

Vykintas

Sorceror
Thing I'd really like to see is a better way to get your corpse back. In these small rooms you cant find it half the time. Ctrl+Shft is useless most times due to too many corpses on ground.

I don't know how it's on OSI, but I really would like to see some minor changes there. Something like player corpse always on top or in different colour...

Voldy

Page
Yea if the seeds stack correctly no need for gardener's box. But that raised garden box would be really nice. Since that came from an EA money making venture, it could be sold by an NPC for a gold sink or just added to house design tool which is gonna cost gold anyways. :)

Voldy

Page
On the new AI though. we did cold blood last night I invised in front of like 5 drakes. instead of them revealing me they camped me until I popped and all of them had me as last target lol. was pretty funny. Literally they all stared at the spot I was. I stayed invised until it almost wore off but the guard dogs got me lol. I also tried dragging a mob off earlier in the day at Ridgeback coral. so I wouldnt have to deal with it. they come back to their original spots much sooner then they did before. I like the new AI. Only problem I'v had with my pet invising was against a Greater Dragon. Seems single target (I will test this some more) will go after you if it can see you when your pet invises but when I had a pack off mobs they focused on the spot the Dragon was for 3 secs till he popped out again. Cant wait to see what is gonna happen when they get the rest of their abilities. I like the fact that every fight will be somewhat different.

Kocetou

Sorceror
On the new AI though. we did cold blood last night I invised in front of like 5 drakes. instead of them revealing me they camped me until I popped and all of them had me as last target lol. was pretty funny. Literally they all stared at the spot I was. I stayed invised until it almost wore off but the guard dogs got me lol..
I dont think Drakes have magery.

Status
Not open for further replies.