UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demise connectivity..

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Doesn't really matter apparently it's just gonna be cry throughout the rest of the thread. Thanks for moving it, if/when you did/do. I'll get you some trace's soon. I don't know if it will help though since I use my phone's hot spot.

And thank you, @Eos , for your continued support and punctuality. You are the best. Looking forward to seeing some medics on my screen soon. ;)

Keep your traces. Eos and I dont need them.

Tokeman420

Sorceror
just log into hybrid and check your ping thats most likley what you're new ping will be on demise, i usually ping about 55 on demise i check hybrid and it went down to 37 :D from what i heard alot of players are saying the same

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
just log into hybrid and check your ping thats most likley what you're new ping will be on demise, i usually ping about 55 on demise i check hybrid and it went down to 37 :D from what i heard alot of players are saying the same

[2016-03-13 22:54.04] ~
[Ryan] ➤ ping login.uodemise.com

Pinging prod-demise-elb-271520226.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com [52.4.129.189] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 52.4.129.189: bytes=32 time=29ms TTL=48

Ping statistics for 52.4.129.189:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 29ms, Maximum = 29ms, Average = 29ms

Slugworth

Squire

[2016-03-13 22:54.04] ~
[Ryan] ➤ ping login.uodemise.com

Pinging prod-demise-elb-271520226.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com [52.4.129.189] with 32 bytes of data:

Ping statistics for 52.4.129.189:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 29ms, Maximum = 29ms, Average = 29ms
Where was it moved to?

draggg

Sorceror
Most chinese players come across worse server connections after this shard move.Ping goes higher even with proxy,although packect losses seem somewhat better.Anyway Thanks for Ryan and Eos's hardworking!
Wish in the future chinese players could have a global loginserver to Demise too and some magic would happen to improve the game latency.You know, there are always a good number of chinese players devoted to this game and Demise.;)

chiaping

Sorceror
Thanks for the move, although I got higher ping then before, but as a IT person I know you can't never make all user happy ;)
Just post my before/after trace result here for reference. I am at Canada with Telus.
Before
before.jpg

Now
now.JPG

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Thanks for the move, although I got higher ping then before, but as a IT person I know you can't never make all user happy ;)
Just post my before/after trace result here for reference. I am at Canada with Telus.
Before
View attachment 102617

Now
View attachment 102618

Those "broken" hops dont matter, thats literally deproritization of the ICMP packets by Amazon. You went from 50ms to 75ms, that's not even noticeable in game.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Most chinese players come across worse server connections after this shard move.Ping goes higher even with proxy,although packect losses seem somewhat better.Anyway Thanks for Ryan and Eos's hardworking!
Wish in the future chinese players could have a global loginserver to Demise too and some magic would happen to improve the game latency.You know, there are always a good number of chinese players devoted to this game and Demise.;)

China is a really hard use case... we try to offer good services to our Chinese players, but the reality is that there's no easy way to do that. Coupled with all the insanity of politics in China's network it makes it very difficult :(

We will try to add an asian loginserver at some point to help, but no promises :)