UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Diablo 3 release date has been anounced

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukin69

Knight
"Diablo III's PvP battles are fought in arenas spread out across the world of Sanctuary. These arenas aren't random -- they're all unique, designed with differing amounts of terrain and cover. You participate in PvP using the character of your choice, with access to all of the gear and skills you've accumulated playing the game in single-player or cooperative mode."

disgusting.

Syah

Sorceror
first reply from psz did not astound me :p anyway;

-I could not get a chance to try the beta version but, I saw "Diablo 3's pvp" on a battleground which is completely different from Uo..
-I don't want to compare Diablo 3 and UO because, I think each of the game have their own characteristic.I mean there are many different stories/differences on gameplay and different visual and sound effects.
-some of mmorpg players can prejudge the Diablo 3(I don't know why it is) but it is new generation and it will be developed as the time goes on.Because it is promising game and it have been waited by the whole world since years.
-As always, many of the UO players will go on playing Ultima Online and Diablo 3 (or some other frp games) at the same time.
-What make me sad is, UO could not advance on it's general gameplay.only new items and some stupid changes...thats it.

i still love UO and will wait to develop itself.

i'm happy to hear Diablo 3 comes.
fnally after damn 4 years...

I did get a chance to play the beta.

It wasn't worth it.

Blizzard has done nothing but completely dissapoint me for a decade now...

argile

Sorceror
The entire pvp system is a disappointment. (when it even gets implemented) I guess I was expecting a lot from the game and haven't even bothered reading up on it. I figured I would get it on the release date and enjoy it but from the looks of it I may not buy it at all. I don't really understand how it took them this long to produce the game. They were saying all along how they wanted a completed project that is as perfect as can be, yet they pull out the pvp system for launch lol. As Esk said Blizzard has been a huge let down.

Has anyone looked into path of exile?

ickyfloyd

Sorceror
oh I thought diablo was sooo fucking cool. Then I thought cheating @ diablo was soooooo fucking cool. I think I musta been in prison for diablo 2. Hope 3 is neat!

N0S0und0fTrace

Sorceror
PvP is removed only for the Launch part of the game, to give nooby players the feel of the game and their char before they try to PvP :(

N0S0und0fTrace

Sorceror
"Diablo III's PvP battles are fought in arenas spread out across the world of Sanctuary. These arenas aren't random -- they're all unique, designed with diffeIring amounts of terrain and cover. You participate in PvP using the character of your choice, with access to all of the gear and skills you've accumulated playing the game in single-player or cooperative mode."

disgusting.
ultima online battles are fought from houses, atleast theres nowhere to hide in an arena.

Pegasus321

Sorceror
i enjoyed D2 for so many years i cant help but buy d3.... even if it totally sucks i gotta try it. i got sc1, sc2, wc1, wc2, wc3, wow, d1, and d2 it would be foolish of me to not buy d3 and at least try it. who cares its like 60 bucks.... when SC2 was comming out i heard great reviews but when i played it i was dissapointed, just sc1 with a few new ships... maybe i'll be let down again by D3, who knows?even if the PVP is lame, there is something to be said for dungeon crawling with your friends and im sure at least 5 of my IRL friends will buy this with me.
ill play it through at least 2 times on Hell, Hell im sure i've played worse games.

Faerie_Storm

Traveler
Well the only other game I own from blizzard IS Diablo II, and with the lack of an offline single player mode, I just can't justify paying $60 buying Diablo III when I won't *really* own it since it's online only. I've waited for this game for years, then I find out that that i have to play online even if I'm just playing by myself.... That turned me away among other things.

@pegasus321
There is a limit of 4 people per game in Diablo III, you won't be able to play with all your IRL friends at once.

Pegasus321

Sorceror
It's ok I'm sure they won't all be on at the same times. Honestly it is kinda wack to have to be online for 1p mode but when do u not have internet?

Two Wolves

Knight
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/22/diablo-3-lead-designer-on-lack-of-offline-mode-the-game’s-not-really-being-played-right-if-it’s-not-online/

“If we allow an Offline mode, it changes the structure of the data that we have to put on the user’s system. Essentially we would have to put our server architecture onto the client so that it can run its own personal server. Doing that essentially is one of the reasons why Diablo 2 was a much easier game to hack than obviously any other game you’d mention and so it’s what led to extensive cheating and item dupes and things like that.”

“I would never guarantee that we’re never going to have those things in Diablo 3, but it’s one of the things that our community has been the most vocal about, wanting this fixed, and if we essentially are putting the server out there…we’re not really going to be able to better than Diablo 2.”

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08/01/diablo-iii-no-mods-online-only-cash-trades/

1) The game requires a constant internet connection. It cannot be played offline.
2) Mods are “expressly prohibited.”
3) Items in the auction house are bought and sold for real-life money.

Faerie_Storm

Traveler
@pegasus321
When traveling, or possible abroad depending on where you are. Also it isn't just an issue of having internet, it is an issue of having *stable* internet. In most Rual areas (yes even in north america) only have dial-up internet as an option. Now for UO this isn't a problem because it came out when that was the norm so the server architecture was set up t0 deal with that, but for Diablo III it is an issue due to the fact that they are operating on an assumption that everyone has stable low ping internet. Sadly this is not the case though :/

One thing I hate most about Diablo III is the RMAH. This is in a game where the GOAL is to collect good loot to fight harder and harder monsters. It's like is someone could for example, pay $5 IRL for a quiver of infinity in UO. That's how I see it. That and online only for single player.

Status
Not open for further replies.