UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Do I need to start my OWN Faction just to get in one?

Do I need to start my OWN Faction just to get in one?

I am a bit confused.

I read in one thread the exact location of the Britain faction's faction stone, found it, double-clicked it, and it said that for sake of balance, no further members were being accepted. No problem. Thats fine.

I went to Yew and Minoc, found their stones, double-clicked on them, and nothing happened. Either the thing labeled "faction stone" in the middle of town is not the right object or they're broken.

As for the other factions, I have no idea where they are located. This is the confusing part.

If people are complaining that pvp is slipping here, I would think the factions would be advertising their locations, advertising the virtues of their faction, doing whatever it takes to get more players in, Not hiding in the shadows and concealing their locations to keep people out.

As for me, I am looking for a faction mainly for the faction trick at present. I figure me talking about doing pvp before my characters are completed as putting the cart before the horse. Once I have my template ready, my gear in line, my abilities trained, then I can feel confident to start pvp. But step 1 (getting template completed) is difficult to do without the faction trick.

If the existing factions are turned off by the idea of a player wanting to join a faction mainly for the faction trick, I would like to start my own faction.....named "TRICK" for this sole purpose.

ardaaltunel3

Sorceror
Re: Do I need to start my OWN Faction just to get in one?

run north and a bit east from yew moongate.. you'll find shadowlords faction signup stone.. if you cant.. just download uoam from www.uoam.net

SL has the best horse :p

Oaks

Knight

As I wrote in your other thread, the faction stones you see in the middle of town are not faction sign up stones. These hold the town sigils, which can be captured by members of opposing factions.

Check your other thread about the sign up stones with their whereabouts.

Godrick

Wanderer

Britain's is located at British Castle of course.
Shadowlord's is at the Yew Crypts.
CoM is in Magincia on the SouthEast part of the island.
Minax is behind Destard.

Have you ever used google? It's a good tool to find things out BEFORE coming to the forums. I'm guessing Britain's faction is filled up because a bunch of people did what you're doing and filled it up instead of training their characters first and then trying to PvP. Honestly, it's not that hard with a bit of macroing.

Godrick;358931 said:
Britain's is located at British Castle of course.
Shadowlord's is at the Yew Crypts.
CoM is in Magincia on the SouthEast part of the island.
Minax is behind Destard.

Have you ever used google? It's a good tool to find things out BEFORE coming to the forums. I'm guessing Britain's faction is filled up because a bunch of people did what you're doing and filled it up instead of training their characters first and then trying to PvP. Honestly, it's not that hard with a bit of macroing.

Ok. I'll admit I didn't use Google before coming to the forums, but I just did, just to see what you were suggesting.

I used both Google web searching (for web sites) and Newsgroups (in case the answer you were alluding to was in a newsgroup.)
I searched for "Demise UO Faction Stone Locations", "Demise UO Faction Locations" "UO Faction Locations" and various other similar search strings. None of those choices came up with a result that listed the locations of all the Demise UO faction stones as clearly as you listed.

It seems, at least at a cursory level , that asking questions to the forums might be a more effective way at finding the answer than a tedious search through all the Google results. Thank you for your response.

As for the "its so easy to train X, even without the faction trick", I don't doubt people's claims to this, but in any environment where the result is based on some level of randomization, actual results may vary.

I know for a fact, that I tried many of the techniques posted as "GM X in hours", and none of them worked for me that fast. Well, that is, unless you count "20 or 30 hours", as the term "hours". Personally, I usually think that means 3 or 4 hours.

Again, thanks for the answer to my query.

Godrick

Wanderer

Ah. Sorry if I sounded a bit rude... I just reread my post and realized it didn't come off very warming. :( I believe UO stratics has the complete information if you're wondering.

No rudeness noticed, and I hope my reply didn't come off that way either.

It's just that, more times than not, the unwritten line of my post is:

"I tried searching for this answer already and I didn't find it, so i am posting the question here".

I guess it might be best if I add that in at the beginning.

And as a side note, I'm sure I have mentioned it before, but I find UO Stratic's search engine less than useful sometimes. The answers I am sure are in there, but finding them is not as easy as it should be.

Tala

Wanderer

weinster666;359080 said:
And as a side note, I'm sure I have mentioned it before, but I find UO Stratic's search engine less than useful sometimes. The answers I am sure are in there, but finding them is not as easy as it should be.
I know what you mean about stratics searches...
Use google advanced search: enter terms you want and then limit the results to http://uo.stratics.com/ pages only