UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Dueling Update (April 28, 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
We have added the ability to hold your own controlled PvP duels, allowing you to customize the allowed ruleset, participants and teams in the duel. (Note: This is on a trial basis and is subject to change.)

Starting a duel can be done by locating the bright red duel signup stones at the current arenas for duel use:
  1. [Felucca] The Buccaneer's Den arena (small), located just east of the Buccaneer's Den moongate.
  2. [Felucca] The Lost Lands arena (large), located just south from the Minoc mines passage into T2A.
  3. [Trammel] The New Haven arena (large), located on the southeast end of the island.
Double clicking the stone will provide you with a gump to customize the ruleset and invite participants. Any participants you wish to invite MUST be within 2 tiles of a duel signup stone. (Not necessarily the same stone.)

Signing up in Felucca will not put you in the Trammel arena. However, signing up in Trammel may put you in one of the Felucca ones.

All Felucca arenas will move you into the sparkles outside the arena after fighting. While standing inside these sparkles, you are protected from getting attacked. (The general area around a duel pit is NOT protected.) Each duel pit has a white return teleporter to return you to where you were before the duel started.

Dueling commands:
  • "change arena preferences" - Allows you to change which arenas you prefer. The arena used for a duel is based on the preferences of all participants.
  • "I yield" - Allows you to resign from a duel.
  • "showladder" - Show your position in the global ladder.
  • "viewladder" - View someone's position in the global ladder.
Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Enjoy. :)

GeX92

Squire
What with illegal 'free wins' in Global Ladder. On my previous server guys gave fight for free, for what? For 'better rank'. Any ideas to prevent this?

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Some changes:
  • A new duel pit has been opened in New Haven, Trammel.
  • All duel pits have received animal trainers for stabling your pets.
The first post has been updated to reflect these.

Note: signing up in Felucca will never assign you to the Trammel arena. However, signing up in Trammel may assign you to one of the Felucca ones without confirmation. This does not mean you are forced into the Felucca ruleset, as the sparkles outside the arena will protect you from getting attacked, and the white return teleporter will return you to Trammel.

What with illegal 'free wins' in Global Ladder. On my previous server guys gave fight for free, for what? For 'better rank'. Any ideas to prevent this?
In my opinion you should only gain 1 point off each opponent an hour, and people caught cross clienting getting free wins from duels should have their whole record restarted from ground zero! :eek:
If such abuse becomes a problem we will definitely consider clearing a person's stats from the ladder.

N0S0und0fTrace

Sorceror
I don't understand how these points work? there needs to be a thing to where we can check our win loss ratio, I've won like 10 duels now and nothing has changed it seems like?

N0S0und0fTrace

Sorceror
I don't understand how these points work? there needs to be a thing to where we can check our win loss ratio, I've won like 10 duels now and nothing has changed it seems like?

Still a going on issue, when you win it doesn't give you nothing towards a rank... you only gain rank from ranked 1v1 tournament events..

Status
Not open for further replies.