UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Easy (and best!) Inscription Guide

comwiz72

Wanderer
Easy (and best!) Inscription Guide

Ok this is just because I recently GMed my Scribe and decided to share my method cos it was very cheap.

I started with 0 inscription on my char, personally I don't think you should waste points on giving 50 Inscription to a character when you create him, as you will see.

0 - 50: Copy a book!
Costs about 30 gold to start with! Buy two books and a few scribe pens. Then, USE THE SKILL MENU to activate the Inscription skill. Target one book then target the other. (I set up a macro). The books can be identical and you will still gain off copying one onto the other! This gains your skill all the way to 50, but not one point more.

50-90: Poison Strike!
For this stage you need some cash, but not too much. You also need a necromancer book with the spell poison strike. THIS IS THE BEST FOR TRAINING INSCRIPTION! Each attempt requires only one reagent, a nox crystal (6 gold each). This gives great gains all the way up to about 85, then a bit slower it seems. This will gain you all the way also to GM (I think) but I only used it to 90.

90-100: Spellbooks!
This is where expenses rise. Make spellbooks. They require 10 scrolls each. HOWEVER, if you make a good one (really good!) you may be able to sell it anyway :) This gives good gains up to GM. OR try wraith form, you can use any leftover nox crystal :)

Comments Welcome!

pbguy434

Knight
Umm. I prefer to use the CEO Turbo Inscroption EasyUO script. It uses magery spells that use 1-2 reagents most of the time. And its very easy and fast. And 6 gold for a reagent can get sort of pricey.

CEO realy knows how to gain things the fastest and the cheapest. You should check out how he does it.

comwiz72

Wanderer
tried it before. i think that poison strike is faster gains and slightly cheaper.

for 90 - 100 i actually dont think spellbooks are ideal, but they are sellable

pbguy434

Knight
I plan on using Ressurection or Flamestrike until GM. Because I can always use some Ressurection scrolls. I prefer to carry around scrolls rather than reagents. Especially because I would Res 100% of the time. Which is super-nice.

pbguy434

Knight
Re: Easy (and best!) Inscription Guide

Go download EasyUO and CEO's inscription script. I've GMed 3 chars using it.

qweazdak

Wanderer

try the spells with the fewest reagents. you will make gold that way. the problem with this method (at least last time i checked) is that you can't sell the poison strike scrolls back. you should be able to according to OSI but it is not in yet.

does inscription accept the "Lower regent cost" attribute?, if so, i can GM inscription without regs? :eek:

sballgirl11

Wanderer

Inscription does accept lrc but only over 100% lrc. It doesn't count the first 100%. But if you get a suit with like say 140% lrc you can use 40% less regents. Pretty much you have to be artied out and they need to fix Heartwood with the NPC's so we can get the Stitcher's and the Pendant of the Magi for lrc. Oh yeah and what's so good about being an elf if we can't do peerless :/.

Raptor

Wanderer

sballgirl11 said:
Inscription does accept lrc but only over 100% lrc. It doesn't count the first 100%. But if you get a suit with like say 140% lrc you can use 40% less regents.

Are you sure in that? It's quite strange. I mean.. 40 lrc from AoF, arms, gloves, legs, gorget, hat, brace, ring x 20 = 140, book = 15. Total of 195 lrc. This should mean 95% lrc when scribing. If this is true I suppose anyone can craft a shitload of scrolls using only blank scrolls and nearly no regs and then sell them for alot of gold. Man, I think it's not that way...

Tigeros

Sorceror

deoren-demise;124168 said:
0 to 25+ Purchase training
25+ to 53.5 Poison
53.6 to 67.8 Lightning
67.9 to 82.1 Paralyze, Reveal
82.1 to 100 Flamestrike, Ressurection

That help me a lot good.

jolanci

Wanderer

deoren-demise;124168 said:
My recommendation is as follows:

0 to 25+ Purchase training
25+ to 53.5 Poison
53.6 to 67.8 Lightning
67.9 to 82.1 Paralyze, Reveal
82.1 to 100 Flamestrike, Ressurection

this is working so fast it aint funny.. i am halfway to GM already in less then a hour...

i went from 0 to 50 inscription by copying 2 books. costs you a total of 20 gold for buying the 2 books and then it is free. just use skill inscrition target first book, and then second book

Carnage777

Wanderer

pbguy434;31467 said:
Umm. I prefer to use the CEO Turbo Inscroption EasyUO script. It uses magery spells that use 1-2 reagents most of the time. And its very easy and fast. And 6 gold for a reagent can get sort of pricey.

CEO realy knows how to gain things the fastest and the cheapest. You should check out how he does it.

since euo is illegal i don't recommand using this method.

pbguy434

Knight

Tigeros;286205 said:

That help me a lot good.
Am I the only one that laughed when I read that?

Carnage777;286318 said:
since euo is illegal i don't recommand using this method.
Note the date of posting. I don't know if it has been posted above this, but you can sell Poison scrolls at a decent profit to vendors.