UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Easy UO PVP scripts

Aegian Rayth

Sorceror
Help me with a discussion that we've been having.

If Easy UO scripts that aided you in PVP were legal and allowed, would you use them?

in general: no, because I've yet to see a script that has a true advantage over what you can accomplish by hand and with razor. The only exception would be the pot use scripts, and even then I can't imagine that I would prefer that to choosing when to drink myself.

Akka

Sorceror
pot use scripts are extremely clumsy and not being able to time ur healpots would just suck nutsacks. i dont really know any script that would be great in pvp, all the chase scripts and everything have weaknesses that a player doesnt have/might not have

Bile

Knight

If Easy UO scripts that aided you in PVP were legal and allowed, would you use them?

Would I use a script if it was allowed?

No....

Imagine if I made a script that perfectly heals myself and anyone of my teammates around me with perfect precision, and then I shared that with each one of my teammates and we stood together holding down a single key that made us heal each other, hell I'll even add Remove Curse for anyone that tries to Mortal us, bam invincible... cause it's possible.

Much was said in the discussion, but one thing I could partially agree with:

Paul; "If they don't want to accept weeks worth of circumstantial evidence against people that are accused of using such scripts, what the fuck is the point of making it illegal?"

I would like for EasyUO to be easily detectable, but current the only method of doing so is the interpretation and observation of someone that may be using it, which sucks cause this leaves up room for the "I'm doing it through Razor!" argument. I think that since it's impossible to absolutely determine the use of the program that the procedure to punishment should be lowered i.e., a pile of circumstantial evidence built over weeks. That makes the most sense to me.

Rayth, as for rewriting the rules to suit only what can be detected and enforced, I agree with you that it should remain how it's currently written. I think it would be a much bigger detriment if it was left off the list of "Disallowed Third Party Programs", since EasyUO is much easier to find and the people that currently cheat will let the script spread like wildfire. Look what happened with Modified Clients, suddenly there are screenshots of people utilizing it everywhere, guess what would happen with Powernecro, *shrugs* - Sure, one could say it may kick some peoples ass in gear in hopes of finding a definite solution to discovering the use of EasyUO, but actually look it.. they are still updating the shit for the use of it on OSI and we want to pretend we can catch it on a freeshard?

Blacula

Knight

That depends....

For example:
Player #1 = pings low, plays well without any macros/scripts = does pretty well, some complain because they're bitter. Dies to #2, and #3 a lot.
Player #2 = pings low, Razor macros the hell out of everything = people think something is up because he destroys people. Dies to #3, and very rarely #1, #5, and #6, laughs at #4.
Player #3 = pings low, uber EUO scripter = AHHHHH Y U DO DIS? Destroys people crazy-fast.
Player #4 = pings high, plays without any macros/scripts = usually gets owned by lag, but does well in certain situations.
Player #5 = pings high, Razor macros the hell out everything (thinking outside the box) = does pretty well, but dies to #3, and #6 consistently. Laughs at #4.
Player #6 = pings high, uber EUO scripter (thinking outside the box) = AHHHHH Y U DO DIS? Destroys most laggers super-fast. Laughs at #3, and #4.

I know people in every situation, and have been all of them at one time or another. What I've noticed is that those set in their ways will most likely stick to what works for them. Any of them can be killed by any of them, except maybe #4 who will usually pick a shitty nox dexer, or archer due to frustration with lag (or rarely become very good with their setup.) I am currently #4, and am migrating my play style towards #5 because I can't get DSL/Cable at my house, and there is nothing quite like a legit kill.

Does that answer your question?

Also, @Zalchol: You can setup insanely-synched archer gank setups with Razor as well. I haven't seen your script though.

Blacula

Knight
(#1)Imagine if I made a script that perfectly heals myself and anyone of my teammates around me with perfect precision, and then I shared that with each one of my teammates and we stood together holding down a single key that made us heal each other, hell I'll even add Remove Curse for anyone that tries to Mortal us, bam invincible... cause it's possible.

(#2) I would like for EasyUO to be easily detectable, but current the only method of doing so is the interpretation and observation of someone that may be using it, which sucks cause this leaves up room for the "I'm doing it through Razor!" argument.

(#3) guess what would happen with Powernecro?
#1: VERY possible, I've tested the capabilities to do exactly this (and PERFECT para-ganks/sync-drops) on my home server, and even though it's a whole lot easier to do on a single computer (and to those of you watching, fuck no I'm not saying how) it can definitely be done amongst several players and completely destroy PvP, as you and I both know. Ex: Kaz and z0rak doing exactly that on SL with PlayUO plugins, one of them in wraith-form being mortal-proof killing whole guilds with full-health.

#2: Believe it or not, I do too. The shit I've fucked around with off and on while learning more about EUO can 100% be duplicated in Razor, which is why I don't mess with EUO anymore. Due to staff ignorance of the subtle differences between the two programs, blatant script-monkeys aren't being caught and are doing exactly what you said and claiming to be using Razor. Ex: Curing while mortaled and not poisoned. #1: A simple script server-side could detect this if the player's body ID was coded as a variable and character status was polled and updated fast enough, or #2: staff watched players a little better. It sickens me that you got jailed for turning in bods with a script (and we both know that you didn't because we were talking about it when it happened,) but that any ape and his mom can glitch casting speeds by copy-pasting a text file.

It's like the argument co-workers and had one day about drug tests. Sure you can drug-test everyone, and catch the stupid ones but you can usually watch people and tell if they are high at work without annoying the entire work force and pulling them away from their jobs to piss in a cup / be mouth-swabbed.

#3: I find it funny that Black Hole accused me of h4x-teleporting with PN (cough... relative location macro) which I haven't touched since I showed you all that crazy shit on SL (see signature) and then a few months later, 100% of D.C.'s PvP mages were using the target-sharing subroutines of the same script to auto-target players not even on the same screen for perfect sync-ganks. (And they still cure mortal, slackers....) It also sickens me that the staff here can't tell when insane scripted bullshit happens, but that the policy towards art-mods has been 'absolute ban-stick' until recently.

* There's a reason PlayUO was banned in the first place: Unfair advantages that are obvious as hell to the trained eye if you wrote your own malicious plugins (or did another thing I won't mention *wink*), by default the only 'unfair' thing PlayUO does is auto-loot corpses and auto-red-potion when your stamina is 0 which were just nice features. I will always prefer stock PlayUO to any available setup because its graphics are beautiful, and its PvP features are a cut above Razor's (no pun intended.)

* There's a reason EUO was banned in the first place: Unfair advantages that are obvious as hell to the trained eye.

Conclusion: We need more trained eyes if Demise is to survive and not become a h4xx0r paradise every time staff 'forget' to watch PvPers and banned ones come back for more shiggles.

*scans post to determine whether it qualifies as a novella*

Dexter-LoM

Knight
there is someways that the staff could use razor to its advantage but it would require abit of re-scripting in razor and it would be the use of its current feature of taking screenshot of the whole screen with the task bar showing, abit like CS, once the staff send the command to the client razor would take a screen shot then the player would be jail until he sends the picture to the staff showing that the only thing open would be razor and uo client. but again those poeple getting cought cheating would probably edit the pics before sending it to the gms.

Also Razor has a huge problem currently with timers that lets player cast like they ping 10 you mix that with some other stuff and you got a bad case of a current guild.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
in general: no, because I've yet to see a script that has a true advantage over what you can accomplish by hand and with razor. The only exception would be the pot use scripts, and even then I can't imagine that I would prefer that to choosing when to drink myself.
I can show you a few that would make your head spin, you think that razor shit is fast lol imagine same speed but on multiple targets in a split of a second, xheals like a mother fucker while not even touching my keyboard, simple as you press f2 and my client auto cross heals you. you target someone then you press f1 then the rest of the guild press f2 perfect synch drops at incredible speed regardless of your ping. if you take any script of the euo site and take a few minutes to look into them and change some features you would be amased at what can be done

Dexter-LoM

Knight
in my younger days and I was playing Osi, I pvp'ed and never used this kind of stuff, in fact I learned about razor and this shit like 6 month after i joined this shard lol

Blacula

Knight
you target someone then you press f1 then the rest of the guild press f2 perfect synch drops at incredible speed regardless of your ping.
It takes two scripts to do that, unless you did <something I'm not fucking mentioning for the sake of fairness.>

To everyone (including myself): Let's not give would-be cheaters too much information in this thread, please. However, some very good points have been made! And now, for something completely different:

What about UOAssist?
You've hit the nail on the head, Señor Jeff. This is the best solution for Razor imho, unless the RunUO team decided to develop a 'minimalist,' version of Razor with less automation that had a feature-set something like this:

* Titlebar display of regs, pots, etc. as-is.
* Filters, as-is.
* Screenshots and a working video system (fuck yeah)
* Something I've been bitching about for years: Better targeting, á la PlayUO (including Target Closest Non-Partied Player, and Target Red Humanoid)
* Non-looped macros, and removing the ability to call other macros from inside of a macro. (this would make infinite auto-healing + attack loops impossible, and make it harder to lie about using Razor for automated PvP)
* The Agents tab, as-is.

Most of the other Razor functions add to the bloat of the utility, and require too many packets to be filtered + injected for it to be done efficiently. This is why -ping is so damned inaccurate, and reports higher avg. ping than maximum at times. People honestly think that their ping shoots up to 2,000 sometimes, when in reality they only ping 250. It's only supposed to send 4 packets like the Windows CMD ping command, it's right there in the code. To quote you, referring to me once: (-ping), you're just - bad.

P.S.: Sorry if I'm sounding like that know-it-all blowhard, nottheking. I actually know what I'm talking about.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
It takes two scripts to do that, unless you did <something I'm not fucking mentioning for the sake of fairness.>

Not giving info but I can do it with one script in euo and a little help of razor, would make me cast ma fb as fast as another guild with the option of target sharing and option of xhealing. one script bunch of timers and a ridiculous skills of 4 to 5 hotkeys total lol

#1: VERY possible, I've tested the capabilities to do exactly this (and PERFECT para-ganks/sync-drops) on my home server, and even though it's a whole lot easier to do on a single computer (and to those of you watching, fuck no I'm not saying how) it can definitely be done amongst several players and completely destroy PvP, as you and I both know. Ex: Kaz and z0rak doing exactly that on SL with PlayUO plugins, one of them in wraith-form being mortal-proof killing whole guilds with full-health.

#2: Believe it or not, I do too. The shit I've fucked around with off and on while learning more about EUO can 100% be duplicated in Razor, which is why I don't mess with EUO anymore. Due to staff ignorance of the subtle differences between the two programs, blatant script-monkeys aren't being caught and are doing exactly what you said and claiming to be using Razor. Ex: Curing while mortaled and not poisoned. #1: A simple script server-side could detect this if the player's body ID was coded as a variable and character status was polled and updated fast enough, or #2: staff watched players a little better. It sickens me that you got jailed for turning in bods with a script (and we both know that you didn't because we were talking about it when it happened,) but that any ape and his mom can glitch casting speeds by copy-pasting a text file.

It's like the argument co-workers and had one day about drug tests. Sure you can drug-test everyone, and catch the stupid ones but you can usually watch people and tell if they are high at work without annoying the entire work force and pulling them away from their jobs to piss in a cup / be mouth-swabbed.

#3: I find it funny that Black Hole accused me of h4x-teleporting with PN (cough... relative location macro) which I haven't touched since I showed you all that crazy shit on SL (see signature) and then a few months later, 100% of D.C.'s PvP mages were using the target-sharing subroutines of the same script to auto-target players not even on the same screen for perfect sync-ganks. (And they still cure mortal, slackers....) It also sickens me that the staff here can't tell when insane scripted bullshit happens, but that the policy towards art-mods has been 'absolute ban-stick' until recently.

* There's a reason PlayUO was banned in the first place: Unfair advantages that are obvious as hell to the trained eye if you wrote your own malicious plugins (or did another thing I won't mention *wink*), by default the only 'unfair' thing PlayUO does is auto-loot corpses and auto-red-potion when your stamina is 0 which were just nice features. I will always prefer stock PlayUO to any available setup because its graphics are beautiful, and its PvP features are a cut above Razor's (no pun intended.)

* There's a reason EUO was banned in the first place: Unfair advantages that are obvious as hell to the trained eye.

Conclusion: We need more trained eyes if Demise is to survive and not become a h4xx0r paradise every time staff 'forget' to watch PvPers and banned ones come back for more shiggles.

*scans post to determine whether it qualifies as a novella*

I shiggy i diggy

MB

Knight
Disabling the ability to loop and cross link macros is a pretty terrible idea. There are so many useful applications of those outside of PvP.