UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Emergency Update - 8/7/2007

uonoobs

Knight
Re: Emergency Update - 8/7/2007

Raf;1518558 said:
Seriously??? damnnnn I could have gotten some fallon cloth cuttin people's shit up :p

Wasnt there this guy on forums like a few days ago "selling one yard of pure white"

just makes me wonder ;)

Raf

Wanderer

uonoobs;1518560 said:
Wasnt there this guy on forums like a few days ago "selling one yard of pure white"

just makes me wonder ;)

Yea I saw a post about that! Some guy was selling fallon stuff + some pure white cloths. Things that make you go hmmmm

Pfhor

Wanderer

Kitchen_;1518614 said:
Thats why they restarted I think.

They restarted to apply the patch to fix the bug. There was a world save right before it shut down so if anyone had lost something, it would still be lost.

Mark

Knight

I think we fixed it before anyone figured it out and abused it.

kakaka-qop

Wanderer

Kingllama;1518095 said:
so if i knew it was a bug i wouldve told you i thought it was a glitch not a bug

You have stumped three members of the higher authority with the simple difference between a glitch and a bug. Obviously, if you told one of the astute and knowledgable GM's that this 11 year old game has they would be able to tell the difference between a persons random glitch and a complete bug that will effect a broader scale of population. Now, 11 years later, and the sucess you have completed in the gaming industry that we all care so much about in our everyday lives, I feel baffled on how such goal-oriented people could ask such a silly question.

kakaka-qop

Wanderer

Mark;1518766 said:
I think we fixed it before anyone figured it out and abused it.

Mark still impressing that overweight chick "San" with his power over an internet game?

Fain

Sorceror

When you cut cloth up it turns into bandages, so unless he was selling fallon bandages...

Kingllama

Knight

Fain;1518899 said:
When you cut cloth up it turns into bandages, so unless he was selling fallon bandages...

i wasn't selling anything i put them in my house i thought they were ice blue or some shit whatever why you guys keep putting words in my mouth saying i was hiding emm. You guys basically ruined my uo fun cause you banned my only goood account.

even i though i fixed the sign even sent a apology thing to ryan and mark

Kingllama

Knight

FLICK-hybrid;1518981 said:
thats what i would call highroller bandies

i was going to put the bandages on the door cause i thought the color was cool i shouldve because he took both the boxes i put them in lol. i would of wanteed him to take the door's instead of the boxes

shar'thok

Wanderer

wow thats kinda bull im gonna repeat a phrase what if a noob came along and cut it up first? would you ban the noob, mayhap he might have known better but staff is astonishingly brutal i rather think its because mark hates mobb because they kill his gf in game.

shar'thok

Wanderer

Kingllama;1518906 said:
i wasn't selling anything i put them in my house i thought they were ice blue or some shit whatever why you guys keep putting words in my mouth saying i was hiding emm. You guys basically ruined my uo fun cause you banned my only goood account.

even i though i fixed the sign even sent a apology thing to ryan and mark

she wasent saying you were she was pointing out the guy saying something about selling pure white cloth.

Mark

Knight

I think some of you have the misconception that this only applied to cloth.

This could also have been used to cut up leather, rare clothing, etc. It was a pretty big deal.

As for the m0b guild member banned for it, we've had problems with that guild in the past. I've cut them a lot of slack when some of their guild members defrauded the donation store and when their members have had more than 4 houses. To claim I have an agenda is rediculous.

Elf

Sorceror

Mark;1518088 said:
There was a bug in the scissor code allowing people to cut up items that were locked down in houses or set unmovable by staff.

We apologize for the inconvenience of the two restarts, but due to the severity of the issue we felt it was the most prudent course of action.

Yet another reason why the UOGamers shards are second to none. Thank you.

Kingllama

Knight

Mark;1519151 said:

This could also have been used to cut up leather, rare clothing, etc. It was a pretty big deal.

As for the m0b guild member banned for it, we've had problems with that guild in the past. I've cut them a lot of slack when some of their guild members defrauded the donation store and when their members have had more than 4 houses. To claim I have an agenda is rediculous.
but i only did one thing and very sorry once again atleast you guys fixed the problem and i know i know i did something wrong which i didn't know that could be this big to be banned for. I lost all my uo fun for just 20 bandages.I hope you like the new sign i said sorry to the people who made it to

Mark;1519151 said:

This could also have been used to cut up leather, rare clothing, etc. It was a pretty big deal..

wasnt he the first one to find out about this bug?

shar'thok

Wanderer

Mark;1519151 said:

i know this lad verywell and this would be his first offence to any gm that i know of im just asking that you forgive the poor kid i mean he is only human, he knows it was a mistake and he appologised he redid the sign he even said sorry to the yewmen if we had more players willing to have done that then the shard would be a lot better its not like hes running around screaming racial slurs.