UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Faction War Horse Tranfer For Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mara

Knight
Hello,

Was interested in knowing if I transfer a warhorse from one faction member to the next, does the war horse bond to the new owner according to town control status like normal?

I am trying to equip some red characters with a proper mount, suitable for factions, and just wasn't sure how to go about it, with the reds / town control deal. Does the faction leader just have to install the war horse vendor at the edge of town so it can be used by reds?

Sorry if this has been answered. Just didn't want to waste some silver trying to see if I could transfer a war horse from a blue to red factioneer, and have it be bonded like normal.

Mara

Knight
Sounds like there isn't a solution, or that if you transfer it, it does not bond.

If there isn't a workaround, I'm sure it is just something that was missed during the coding work for the last publish. It will likely get fixed soon enough. I'm pretty sure they don't have beta testers, and I'm glad they don't beta test things like they did with sallos when that was being created. Now that was something to be grumpy about.

If you want a faction war horse on a red do the following: gate your dead red factioner to a shrine or ankh and then click it. Dont accept the res. Gate close to the vendor. Go in the gate with red. Accpet the res once you are in town and do not move. IF you move you die and start over. pass the gold and silver to your guy. type vendor buy. bam. do not recall or move. just gate again and leave town or you will die.

Paracelsus

Sorceror
hiding then enter gate also work. use vendor menu to buy then use gate to return. Make sure no one calls guard. Otherwise, die even hidden.

Arsene

Traveler
Can you buy from it if your FM puts it on the guard line and your standing on the other side?

i think most the vendors only work if your in guards. i know thats how it works with the reg vendors. i assume it is all the same.

reds cannot buy from reg npcs but i think they can buy from faction vendors. also i believe if you xfer your bonded war horse to the same faction while controlling the town you still lose bonding but you can rebond without any worry of controlling the town

Mara

Knight
I thought you could not rebond warhorses in the traditional ways, only having the bond from purchase and town control. If that's the case, I just wasted a lot of time messing with pets. I would have gone with warhorses instead in a heartbeat.

I am not 100% positive but i believe you can rebond. you just get the perk of instant bonding when you buy it. lose control then you lose bonding but it is still an animal that you feed so i am not sure why you would not be able to rebond it. imo i would just go with iron swampies. not many people steal that kinda shit, only lure it or kill it. would probably be best to ask a gm ( if you can :) )

or test it with a pet bonding deed. i am curious. will reimburse you the money for the deed

Mara

Knight
I am not 100% positive but i believe you can rebond. you just get the perk of instant bonding when you buy it. lose control then you lose bonding but it is still an animal that you feed so i am not sure why you would not be able to rebond it. imo i would just go with iron swampies. not many people steal that kinda shit, only lure it or kill it. would probably be best to ask a gm ( if you can :) )

or test it with a pet bonding deed. i am curious. will reimburse you the money for the deed

Yes, I may have to just try and see for myself. There are bola remount considerations which are of interest to me, given the nature of some players out there. That is why I like the warhorse for certain applications.

Mara

Knight
or how about just let red factioners go into towns :)

Hey, I agree with ya. Just that I think they put in a lot of effort elsewhere, so I gotta let it ride and see how things play out. Not 100% sure on what I think or feel about whether it is good change or not. I can understand how it would greatly affect your gameplay though, which is why I don't mind hearing you push the issue so frequently. Not sure what I would do in your situation. Not sure at all.

whole reason behind the reds not being allowed in town is due to overall lack of skill on this server. only reason why i can think they would implement something so dumb. give the newbies ( some 7year vet old newbies :)) a chance i suppose now that they can find a safe haven in guardzone soon as they realize they have failed

Mara

Knight
My proclivities prevent...hah, what a nutjob I am sometimes. It's cool. I'll stick to no comment.

Mara

Knight
Anyone know if there is a current war horse vendor for Minax, so I can try some of these methods out? Couldn't find one.

Faction warhorses will in no way rebond. they only originally bond to the buyer of them then once town is lost they unbond. that is all.

on a side note. reds in town i think was to stop towns from looking empty. you had a ton of asshat guilds gating in reds with fs or explos and clearing the banks out without guards being able to stop them soon enough. if someone logged in and saw nothing but 3-5 ghosts randomly appear at a bank i would assume no one plays. so my guess is its an effort to slow the trolls.

Faction warhorses will in no way rebond. they only originally bond to the buyer of them then once town is lost they unbond. that is all.

on a side note. reds in town i think was to stop towns from looking empty. you had a ton of asshat guilds gating in reds with fs or explos and clearing the banks out without guards being able to stop them soon enough. if someone logged in and saw nothing but 3-5 ghosts randomly appear at a bank i would assume no one plays. so my guess is its an effort to slow the trolls.

illogical considering a troll will troll. :)

have you tested the faction bonding? or has it been like that since real uo? and you just know

illogical considering a troll will troll. :)

have you tested the faction bonding? or has it been like that since real uo? and you just know

i was told by staff. was long ago but i assume it hasnt been changed.

im aware of trolls being trolls. but i said effort to slow. which it did. now instead they have to spend a little more time then just log in player grab fs scrolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.