UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Fey's Mana and Skills

Rayden

Sorceror
I was having a conversation with Bama regarding fey's status here on Demise compared to OSI. She made some tests on OSI and came to some conclusions.

Quoting her:

Whether you cast 5 at a time or 1 fey their stats are always the same on OSI
On OSI these are their stats
As stated above stats are always the same
Hit Points 10*
Stamina 150/150
Mana 15/15 **
Strength 20
Dexterity 150
Intelligence 125

* on Demise they come with 20 hp
** on Demise they come with 125 mana

Now the skills do vary from fey to fey but their magery [On OSI] is always 20.0 no more no less

On Demise they come with over 70.0 whether you cast them with or without an arcane focus

Well, that makes a lot more sense. Here in demise when put together 20 life, 125 mana and 70+ magery it makes fey's absolutely overpower.

Bama

Bug Huntress
First 5 screen shots are with an Arcane Focus of 3
Last 5 screen shots are with no Arcane Focus
Tina Fey_4-9_13.17.jpgTina Fey_4-9_13.17-1.jpgTina Fey_4-9_13.17-2.jpgTina Fey_4-9_13.17-3.jpgTina Fey_4-9_13.17-4.jpgTina Fey_4-9_13.19.jpgTina Fey_4-9_13.19-1.jpgTina Fey_4-9_13.19-2.jpgTina Fey_4-9_13.19-3.jpgTina Fey_4-9_13.19-4.jpg

Americana

Sorceror
20 magery may not be a change for the better....sounds like a 1st circle disrupt spam fest. The mana change would have the same effect if you hange Margery; that's plenty to spam 1st circle.

Finally, 20 hp vs 10 is rather irrelevant...your primary ways to kill pixies will work if they have 10 or 20 points.

Not saying They should not be changed...I just feel people who don't know how to deal with pixies will continue to be dissatisfied.

Lucifall

Knight
20 magery may not be a change for the better....sounds like a 1st circle disrupt spam fest. The mana change would have the same effect if you hange Margery; that's plenty to spam 1st circle.

Finally, 20 hp vs 10 is rather irrelevant...your primary ways to kill pixies will work if they have 10 or 20 points.

Not saying They should not be changed...I just feel people who don't know how to deal with pixies will continue to be dissatisfied.

I'd much rather be spammed by clumsies than synched by their EB's, explo's and FS's... coupled with the mana cost fix, this would balance them to a defensive measure rather than free 4 big spell spammers that they are now.

Whatever98

Squire
yeah it is a bit fucky that people can take down like the toughest bosses in the game with just fey spam...

10-20hp could be the difference between 1 hit or 2 hits for a monster killing them.
as for the spell spam - LOL that's a massive difference.

i dont think they have any cast time anyway, so they wont cast magic arrow and shit any faster than they were previously casting eb's and explos. as melee not being able to run through them makes a big difference, not to mention having them hitting with spells which can mean death in a combo vs spells that wouldn't is a massive difference. you're talking like 10x the damage

will be able to charge through them and tank the damage now, where previously woulda had to run and try to lose them in the forest somewhere. dont forget the mage is casting the main spell combos, the fey spells are just bonuses, but 5x chances at level 6 damage spells was harsh

they were just broken at the end of the day and this explains a lot, i do feel sry for pont and them tho ://

Rayden

Sorceror

Don't say that I'm actually reading an attempt to say that 20 magery, 15 mana is the same as 70 magery, 125 mana. Please, say that I'm wrong.

It's so nice to see people saying from the top of their infinite UO knowledge "People who don't know how to deal with pixes". Please explain to us how to deal with it, please master.

I would rather have a pack of RUNUO pixies on me than the nerfed pixies on OSI. The AI is much more annoying on OSI, that combined with casting disrupt delay increases helps increase it even further.

What about the pixies NOT casted with spellweaving? (i.e. the ones near the unicorns in Malas or in Ilshenar)
It's quite possible there was been a "little" confusion between THIS pixie and THIS OTHER pixie when Summon Fey was coded in RunUO