UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Game freezing and blinking...

Dreakon

Wanderer
Game freezing and blinking...

I have the latest version of Razor and the latest client of UO (7.0.2.2?). I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate. I run everything as Administrator just in case.

For some reason every so often the screen will blink white. It's literally a millisecond and doesn't really effect the game... but I have a feeling this problem leads to a much worse one. Randomly, could happen twice in a minute or once in a half an hour, the game just completely freezes (the window says "Not Responding") for about 20 seconds then continues as normal. It actually got me killed once lol.

Any ideas why this is? Thanks for any help.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
Re: Game freezing and blinking...

I have no clue about the blinking.

When the game freezes, is it possible that it is during a world save? You should have a window explaining to you what it is, and a 60 second warning before hand.

Dreakon

Wanderer

Nah, it's definately different than the world saves. On Windows 7 at least, the window says "Not Responding" and the whole thing freezes up (and the entire window gets a shade of white over it if I click on it a couple of times).

Here's a picture of it:

Kullawen

Wanderer

Mine did that, run both razor and client.exe in Comp mode for XP or Vista. Fixed it for me. I just wish I could improve the 2d client performance. I get occasional screen tearing and laggy scrolling while running.

Dreakon

Wanderer

Hmm... that seemed to fix it. :) I also noticed before I looked on here that turning off the Smart CPU Reduction also seemed to help with the freezing.

Thanks for the help guys!

Kullawen;1987118 said:
Mine did that, run both razor and client.exe in Comp mode for XP or Vista. Fixed it for me.

was having the same problem in windows 7, this fixed it completely.

Also if your running windows 7 you have to set your desktop theme to classic windows 7 theme for your counters to show up with razor on the top of your screen.

Dreakon

Wanderer

I'm pretty good without the counters and everythings working pretty well now. :) So the Aero theme can live another day.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member

I found that compatibility mode asks me for a confirmation every time I start up UO. (That is, if you have UAC enabled.)

You can also fix the freezes by (only) enabling the following options in the Compatibility tab:
- Disable visual themes
- Disable desktop composition