UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

game window stuck on 640 x 480

h888

Wanderer
game window stuck on 640 x 480

I'm using the OSI client and it's been like this since I patched it this afternoon. Changing neither the in game options nor Razor's options makes a difference.

Addicted

Disciple
Re: game window stuck on 640 x 480

There is a problem with certain patches that cause this problem. Anytime you edit settings/options the screen shrinks back down.

Just go in, set all settings, apply them, log out, close the client completely, then log back in.

Make sure you only have the one client open when you do this.

h888

Wanderer

I've tried logging in and out and even restarting the client with various option changes but nothing shows any difference.

Addicted

Disciple

Do you have the option checked in Razor to force the game size?

Opheleum

Wanderer

I'm having this issue too:

I'm running Windows 7. Just patched up all the way to 7.0.5.0, and have Razor 1.0.12

'Use Default Desktop' is disabled, and Force Game Window is checked and set to 1000x800.

I've tried launching razor in a variety of combos of running as admin, running in xp compatability mode, and disabling desktop composition/themes. Nothing works; the game screen is fixed at the 640x480. I'm guessing it has to be an issue with the latest patch?

Addicted

Disciple

Sounds like it.

I still use 6.0.14.3 and don't have any problem other than the screen changing when I change options but to me I'd rather deal with that than all the other headaches.

Opheleum

Wanderer

Yeah, I was running that 'til I reformatted my machine. Patched all the way up b/c I feel like I remember seeing Mark post (Maybe November/December?) to update our clients all the way for like 'possible features implemented in the foreseeable future. Guess I'll reinstall and try 7.0.0 or something and see how that works out.

Addicted

Disciple

Yeah, they posted that awhile ago, but I"ll hold out until they actually add new stuff.

Opheleum

Wanderer

Okay, just did a reinstall; actually decided to see just how far we could safely patch up to. 7.0.4.5 works fine it looks like; just stay away from 7.0.5.0+

Screen still changes back when you change an option, but as you said, there are bigger headaches in the world that could be dealt with.

Amerigo

Sorceror

Opheleum;2026937 said:
Okay, just did a reinstall; actually decided to see just how far we could safely patch up to. 7.0.4.5 works fine it looks like; just stay away from 7.0.5.0+

Screen still changes back when you change an option, but as you said, there are bigger headaches in the world that could be dealt with.

This is correct. I had the same issue myself. The latest patch is the only issue. Razor needs to be updates.

The Mute Muse

Sorceror

Addicted;2026908 said:
Sounds like it.

I still use 6.0.14.3 and don't have any problem other than the screen changing when I change options but to me I'd rather deal with that than all the other headaches.

Yea, I had tons of problems when I patched all the way up so I reinstalled and patched partially. Everything works fine now.

Like I said in another post razor has been acting real bad lately as far as with windows 7. XP had no problems then when I loaded 7 I couldnt stop crashing. So now I have to play in sallos cause its the only client thats stable.

Opheleum

Wanderer

Teh Money Shot;2027067 said:
Like I said in another post razor has been acting real bad lately as far as with windows 7. XP had no problems then when I loaded 7 I couldnt stop crashing. So now I have to play in sallos cause its the only client thats stable.

When its up :tounge2:

Addicted;2026920 said:
Yeah, they posted that awhile ago, but I"ll hold out until they actually add new stuff.
Yeah... He made that big announcement and nothing really came of it other then tons and tons of bugs from people being patched so far.

It really seems like the answer is to just stay patched to which ever 6 series was right before the bug with the shrinking window on options change. It is fully compatible currently and has the least bugs of all.

Teh Money Shot;2027067 said:
I've been using 7 for months and have had no problems with razor.

RAKninja

Page

i seem to remember someone with a decompiler discovering that the problem is something like the memory reserved for resolution got remapped.

i picked a bad time to update my client. sallos went down the same day, and i'm stuck on a tiny screen because i really dont wanna reinstall and repatch.

oh well, this tiney window has let me focus on my crafters a bit more.

Addicted

Disciple

pencilbagger-hybrid;2027367 said:
I've been using 7 for months and have had no problems with razor.

Yeah, I've been using W7 for a long time now without any problems. In fact I can actually run more clients now then I could with XP.

Andras

Sorceror

I have find in a german Forum from Uo.

Open the crypt.dll in the Razor directory with a HEX Programm

1. Search for this CODE: 817C240420030000 and change it to 817C240458020000
2. Search this number too: 7416C70080020000 and change it to 7E16C70080020000

I have Test it by Self, but when i change both number (1 and 2 ) then the Windows iss allready small and when i accept option it will be normal Size lol.

So i try it. I dont change number 1.
But i change number 2. and look ^^ YEA the Windows will never go small after Options accepting, and i have normal Size when i start Uo (1024x786)

I hope you understand my English, but it will helps.

Bevor you start make a safe copy from the crypt.dll

Greetings