UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

good hotkey setups?

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'
Re: good hotkey setups?

Yeah, duh. No two players on here probably have the same key setup. Just figure out what you need to bind, then set it up in a way that's natural for you. Play a little and you'll see what works and what doesn't. Some of us have been playing for so long that our macro setups, as inefficient as they may be, are burned into our memories and would be a pretty difficult habit to break. For example, my macros started out with the handful of spells I used 10+ years ago, and gradually evolved as time went on. Now it's really convoluted with spells all over the place, but it works for me because I'm so used to it.

To get you started though, here are a few tips:

Find where your hand feels most natural on the keyboard. Some people use the F keys, as they're easy to feel out without looking. Some use an FPS style setup for the left hand (place your middle finger on W, ring finger on A, and index finger on D; your pinky should fall on Ctrl and your thumb on space). This should give you a very comfortable use of all the keys around that area, plus Alt, Ctrl, and Shift are all in easy reach with the same hand. Others go for the num pad, with similar intent.

Here's one other tip for you: queueing last target and target self is retarded. You can just as easily achieve the same speed by holding down the appropriate key. I like to use Razor to set target self to mousewheel down, and last target to mousewheel up, and then just keep the wheel in motion.

I would also reccomend grouping your spells logically: keep your defensive spells in one area, and your offensive spells in another. For example, maybe your defensive spells are cast with Ctrl, while your offensive ones are cast with Shift.

DeViiaNt

Knight

My important spells and target self/last target are on the number pad. My tamer commands are f1-f4, speech commands & potion keys the rest of the f keys. Then bunch of action hotkeys are on the left side of the board using the letter keys + ctrl, very few using alt. Hiding/bandages on my mouse scroll button. Now on my laptop, my typical number pad setup is mirrored on the letter keys on the left side. It's just too much of a bitch to enable/disable hotkeys when I want to chat lol.

Sirkah

Sorceror

my hotkeys for w/e reason make my client crash so i cant play uo.

alt f1 is mana drain
alt f2 is lightning
alt f3 is explo
alt f4 is e bolt
and then i client crash and come back dead so idk wtf is up

Sirkah

Sorceror

but do a reign flame and just go with every button possible is recall to a different tile at brit bank. thats whats best and safe

Boxman

Page

Sirkah;1909893 said:
but do a reign flame and just go with every button possible is recall to a different tile at brit bank. thats whats best and safe

i lol'd

homegrown328

Wanderer

Sirkah;1909892 said:

alt f1 is mana drain
alt f2 is lightning
alt f3 is explo
alt f4 is e bolt

alt-f4 huh?
no wonder your client is "crashing"

Vek

Sorceror

Main Spells on function keys
Potions, Actions, Resync Client on Numbers
Use the "Insert, Home, Page up, Page down, end, delete" keys for any extra macros and proceed to the number pad.

This set up works for me it puts my macros closer together for faster reaction times i put my most important macros near my "F" (Function) keys so i can cast and still react with a pot quickly to cure or heal, w/e. Anyways Good luck hope you find a good hotkey set up.

Biao

Sorceror

homegrown328;1910030 said:
alt-f4 huh?
no wonder your client is "crashing"

lolol so true XD
funny dude...

anywa i use the cs keys to my macros...
w, a,s,d, q,e and combine them with alt or ctrl
123.. potions..

Vek

Sorceror

Biao;1910069 said:
lolol so true XD
funny dude...

anywa i use the cs keys to my macros...
w, a,s,d, q,e and combine them with alt or ctrl
123.. potions..

Creates too much spam for me :(

Abrasive

Squire

Sirkah;1909892 said:

alt f1 is mana drain
alt f2 is lightning
alt f3 is explo
alt f4 is e bolt

alt + f4 = close program, k smart guy

GauteHauk

Wanderer

Just got back into Hybrid, again, and I've got a Logitech G11. Not specifically for this game. My last keyboard hurt my hand to reach the numbers and F keys, while holding a finger on ctrl, shift, and alt. The old one was a flat keyboard, low profile keys, and man was that annoying.

This new one is nice, because it has the keys on the left side that are duplicate F1-12s, but with an additional duplicate D1-6 keys. Much easier and more comfortable to reach.

I know not everyone would like or want to buy one like this, but for me it's pure win. Nice light up buttons, good high profile -clicky- keys, a decent palm rest, and no more hand cramps for reaching funny macros.

Hurray for Razor + G11!

KhaoZ

Sorceror

lolz nice thread all the way through. Hey you could try talking to that boss newb I hear he had the same thing happen.