UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

good hotkey setups?

Re: good hotkey setups?

I had a file of my hotkeys for Sallos but there no longer there. Try to use the all the letters, the most used spells nearest your tab and use the mouse for targeting.

Fr0sty

Lord

Honestly for my pvp setup i use F keys(WITHOUT ALT) for spells...the top number row for pots....and some letters for skills/stun and whatnot. Seems to work pretty good. Mousewheel up for last target, mousewheel down for target self.

F1 - Explosion
F2 - Harm
F3 - Poison
F4 - Magic Arrow
F5 - Greater Heal
F6 - Cure
F7 - Heal
F10 - Bandaid Self
F11 - Bola
F12 - Remount
` - Explosion Potion
1 - Cure Potion
2 - Heal Potion
3 - Total Refresh Potion
4 - Toggle Stun
5 - Energy Bolt
6 - Lightning
7 - Paralyze
0 - Flame Strike
- - Strength Potion
= - Agility Pot
Alt + 1 - Weaken
Alt + 2 - Clumsy
Alt + 3 - Feeblemind
Alt + 4 - Protection
Alt + 5 - Cunning
Alt + - - Pop Pouch
Alt + L - Leave House
Alt + M - Meditation
Alt + F5 - Drop Stool At Feet
Shift + Q - Equip Lightning Wand
Shift + A - Equip Greater Heal Wand
Shift + E - Equip ManaDrain Wand
Shift + W - Use Item In Hand
Tab - Hiding
Spacebar - Que Target[Even tho i dont use ques unless im potkicking]
Mouse Wheel Up - Last Target
Mouse Wheel Down - Target Self
Extra Mouse Button Left - Punch
Numpad 7 - Auto Lightning Dump
Numpad 8 - Auto Ebolt Dump
Numpad 9 - Auto Delayed Fs Dump
Numpad 6 - Auto Nox Dump
Numpad . - Extra Last Target
Shift + OEM Pipe[that button above enter] - Open Razor Positioning System

Fr0sty;1911829 said:
Honestly for my pvp setup i use F keys(WITHOUT ALT) for spells...the top number row for pots....and some letters for skills/stun and whatnot. Seems to work pretty good. Mousewheel up for last target, mousewheel down for target self.

Sounds like our setups are pretty similar

LKP;1909852 said:
Yeah, duh. No two players on here probably have the same key setup. Just figure out what you need to bind, then set it up in a way that's natural for you. Play a little and you'll see what works and what doesn't. Some of us have been playing for so long that our macro setups, as inefficient as they may be, are burned into our memories and would be a pretty difficult habit to break. For example, my macros started out with the handful of spells I used 10+ years ago, and gradually evolved as time went on. Now it's really convoluted with spells all over the place, but it works for me because I'm so used to it.

yeah man that is exactly how my setup is. if i could sit down now and do it in an organized manner i could probably come up with something very logical and efficient. however, it just evolved, like you said, as i added more and more things to my repertoire. anyone that sat down to look at my macros would surely say "WTF", but it works for me.

EDIT: one thing i particularly like about my setup is binding hotkeys to your mouse buttons. if you have a advanced or semi-advanced mouse with a scroll wheel and stuff like that it can really help out in pvp if you assign your pots and use once agent to those buttons. for example, mine is:
scroll up=cure pot
scroll down=heal pot
shift+scroll down=bandage self
depress scroll wheel=refresh pot
middle button=use once agent

this way all my defense is right at my fingertips and my other hand can stay queued up on keys for offense.
just start zinging that scroll wheel in the direction you need when you get into trouble and you will chug pots like a madman.

spooj

Sorceror

heres the guidelines i would follow

one line of attack spells/ weapons [like 1, 2, 3, 4, ,5 ,6]
one line of heal/defense strategy [like f1, f2, f3, f4, f5]

you can also make more with alt/ ctrl

last target = mwheel up target self =mwheel down

also maybe think about one line for stat alterations [like weaken, clumsy] or prep spells [magic reflect, RA]

and one area for summons

Sirkah;1909893 said:
but do a reign flame and just go with every button possible is recall to a different tile at brit bank. thats whats best and safe
Why are you so obsessed with her?

I am experimenting with a logitech dual action atm but usually my keys are set thusly

Q-W-E-R
A-S-D-F
Z-X-C-V

Use shift/ctrl/alt to mod those keys. It keeps the distance your hand travels way down over a more horizontal key setup.

I use the Fn keys with no alternates just for things like reflect/protection/bless (buffs and leftovers basically)

most people find that grouping the spells, pots and targeting is very effective. i have most offensive spells near the left side like wasd and such. then the defensive stay to the right side more. pots are all numbers and targeting is Function keys. then numpad is simple macros like dismounting and some tamers commands.

a lawyer

Sorceror

For me 1-3 are cure, mini heal, greater heal, 3-whatever are offensive spells. Ctrl modifies 1-5 for potions. I've also got fast cast spells on my F keys for magic arrow spam, harm spam, etc. Ctrl + ~ is my escape macro. I've also got a set of IDOC macros, where Ctrl + F1 gates my house and Ctrl + F2 goes through gate.

Any other spells i need i keep icons on screen. It may not seem efficient to some but I do very well with this setup.

IMO It really doesnt matter how you set it up - only matters that you learn it and learn it well.

i use f1-f8 for potions and razor macros like use once and leave house

alt +`-8 for healing spells and dumping offensive spells

alt + q-t for quick interrupt spells and recall

alt + a-g debuffs and teleport

alt + z-v reflective armor, magic reflect, despell, despell field

and then i have about 20 more macros set up in the same general area but with shift instead of alt.

Also i use scroll up for target self scroll down for last target as well as the next page and last page buttons on my mouse that i use for purple pots, and other stuff i need to hit a lot... very useful

shindig

Sorceror

homegrown328;1910030 said:
alt-f4 huh?
no wonder your client is "crashing"

ROFLMAO

Alt F4 is a hotkey to close windows applications roflmao

Try it now!

First 4 f-keys I have Gheal self for F1, Explosion F2, Ebolt F3, Chain Light F4, F5 is poison, F6 paralyze, F7 all names, F8 last spell, F9 last skill, F10 recall, F11 last object, F12 arm/disarm

Pots I do Ctrl Z-N along the row starting with Heal, cure, refresh, str, explo, agility.

Set last target is mouse wheel up, last target is wheel down. My insert/home/pageup section is for macro combos, like open explosion pot, cancel cursor, cast explosion, pause 2ish seconds, last target, open explosion pot, wait for targ, last targ is all on 1 key for example...

Kingllama

Knight

I think the best hot key setup is your whole left hand area.
One hand for spells,pots,wands and the right hand for targeting.