UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Head Count

Vestros

Sorceror
the rp island? would be a start sence the seer's built it for us and all
instead of ppl useing it for a red bank only

Does COP even RP? from what i've seen you guys are basically PK's that make clever forum posts. I've only seen COP members IG fighting alongside "leet dewds" and talking shit. I dont meen to say that you have never Role played Im just asking because I've never seen it. Just curious.

LOL exactly what I was thinking.

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
On siege there was a player established town called Haven. they had rules, guards, even a voted in mayor. it was tons of fun and all the rp guilds respected the rules and such. as far as players go why not do the same thing as the "new guild" meaning offer new players a spot to train and play and meet new people. you could call the guild Towns Folk (Twn) or whatever. its just too good of an idea to not have here heh.

wkstrm

Lord
I've actually done this multiple times. Once in trinsic an once in nujelm. Honestly both kind of fizzled because, like you said, who wants to play a peasant. However, having said that, I think there us a place for it. As long as you don't expect everyone to play their peasant as their main it can serve a purpose.

Get crafters and workman types in a guild gathered in a city. Then when people are playing their alts they can still rp if the situation presents itself. I would recommend using a city that is already established as an rp center, has all the options the citizens would need and few non rpers that would make our lives miserable.

Yeah, I totally agree on this. I think BoC had a quite well-developed "township" part of thier guild. But honestly, I don't remember. ;(

The largest problem is to find a town that is suitable. Many RP'ers are based around Yew (Yew, Orc, undeads as well I think) but Yew is so darn big unless you concentrate at the town center. Cove is quite good place for this since Cove is not way to big and won't spread all the people out like other towns. But it's just me. I know there is the RP-town but honestly that place is quite horrible. ;(

wkstrm

Lord
On siege there was a player established town called Haven. they had rules, guards, even a voted in mayor. it was tons of fun and all the rp guilds respected the rules and such. as far as players go why not do the same thing as the "new guild" meaning offer new players a spot to train and play and meet new people. you could call the guild Towns Folk (Twn) or whatever. its just too good of an idea to not have here heh.

Yup.. Exactly my thinking as well.

nicol bolas

Sorceror
not to mention the fact it has no guards other then rpers and the amount of greifing that goes on here would just kill rp again

Wildfyre

Wanderer
My vote would be Minoc or Vesper...or in between both. And just because you're making a township doesn't mean you need to be near a major city. Haven (which I was a member of) was a good run from Umbra.

Haven was awesome. About the only griefers I ever remember causing trouble there were Yoda and his son.

Vestros

Sorceror
well they way things are set up now.. the entrence to the Rp island is withing a close proxamity to where the individual guild stones are located.. the orcs is just to the left of their fort.. and TcD's used to be close to Our guild house.. all we would have to do is set up our stone where ever we want and if we are active enough i am sure the Seer's would be more then happy in assisting us to getting to the island .. thats what is was created for in the first place. plus they were really awsome at listening to our ideas about how they want their part of the island to look and helping set up events..

nicol bolas

Sorceror
vestros the island is still there. it is just the underground entrance to the old tcd house(or red guards if that who owned it) is not working anymore

Nok'Tor

Sorceror
I dont think the rp islands exist any more. to my knowledge the rp islands are one island with no gards and a red bank. it has tiny dungeon paths to several rp guilds (Yew,TcD, Und, Orc, VsC). I think only Orc, Und, and VcS are current. it dosnt look like there is room for any sort of housing.

Vestros

Sorceror
no the underground at red's old place still works i used it the other day, and there is no housing on the island.. i was jsut saying that could be a base of operations for our player ran town type place.. as far as what i was speaking on in the first place ... take the rangers for example and the fact that rp picks back up.. one of the seers could construct an entrance to the rp island from one of the rangers strongholds ... like the one tcd, orc, and the savages has. also if we can talk them into it we may could see if there could be more then jsut emptyness around the island

scipio

Sorceror
*Arises from the long slumber*
*Yawns and kicks up the coffin lid*
The orcs wissssh for battle?!
Kragg and I will bring back TcD.

scipio

Sorceror
I dont think the rp islands exist any more. to my knowledge the rp islands are one island with no gards and a red bank. it has tiny dungeon paths to several rp guilds (Yew,TcD, Und, Orc, VsC). I think only Orc, Und, and VcS are current. it dosnt look like there is room for any sort of housing.
Why does housing really matter? RP island is a place of meeting and such. Just meet up there and be around the entrances to the rp island. I really want everyone to be closer and not separated it. Tenebre and Imbus felt like everyone was so far apart.

Vestros

Sorceror
i kinda miss imbus though.. i liked felling like i have to travel to get some where.. and the no recall was awsome