UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

How to 'kick' explode pots using Razor.

godofsoap

Wanderer
How to 'kick' explode pots using Razor.

If you don't know what 'kicking explosion pots' is, it's essentially using the explosion pot that is thrown at you and tossing it away before it can explode on you.

Many people on this server seem to think this is only do-able using scripts and EasyUO and that sort of nonsense. However this guide will use Razor to do it.

A primitive way of doing this would be to double click the potion on the ground and target something. However this can be slightly automated in Razor so that it is much much easier to do.

First what you need to do is put explosion potions on your Razor scavenger and have your scavenger enabled. If you don't click where it says 'push to enable' this won't work.

Second you need to make a macro for using explosion potions and targeting something. When I say targeting something you can do a few things. One would be to target last, if they are on your screen this would work. (I will explain why this has no wait for target line and is looped later on)

Another way to 'kick' the pot would be to have a macro that uses an explosion potion and then targets a relative location. This would essentially target a set number of tiles from your position, no matter where you are in the game.

To make the macro target relative location, simply record using and targeting an explosion potion. Right click on where it says 'absolute target' and chose 'relative location' in the menu.

All that is left for you to do is bind the use explosion pot macro to a key, wait for someone to throw an explosion pot at you, then push that key.

Technicalities:

There are a few things that must be considered when attempting to do this. First off is this considered automated pvp? Technically it should not be, because you are pushing a button to use an explosion potion in your bag. As long as you yourself are choosing when to toss the potion there is nothing automated about it.

When doing this I highly recommend turning your object delay, and auto queue object to 0 and off respectively. The whole point of this is to do it as quickly as possible.

Looping a macro:
If you loop the use explosion pot macro make sure you have a hot key set to stop macros. This will interfere with spell casting and targeting. If you decide not to include a wait for target line in your macro it would be advisable to loop your macro.

Final conditions:
Lastly and most importantly you must have no explosion potions in your bag to do this. Although I have only done basic and preliminary tests to insure this method will work, I did them all with no explosion potions in my bag. The reasoning behind this is that when the potion gets put into your bag from scavenger you want it to be the only one there, so that when you hit your macro there is only one Razor has to chose from, and thus tosses it away. It may be possible to do this with explosion potions in your bag already, however if there is I haven't bothered trying to figure out what it is, I will leave that up to you.

Some people will say 'if you can't do this with explosion potions in your bag what's the point??'. Well the point would be to avoid being killed by an alchemist. If you are an alchemist and carry potions tough shit.

Enjoy and use responsibly.

Sammich

Wanderer
Re: How to 'kick' explode pots using Razor.

pretty awesome for a stun tamer... need razor for sallos :p

im going to look into doing it with sallosssssssssss

This isnt any different than using razor to throw pots in the first place, also.

Lafable;1825259 said:
If you don't know what 'kicking explosion pots' is, it's essentially using the explosion pot that is thrown at you and tossing it away before it can explode on you.

Many people on this server seem to think this is only do-able using scripts and EasyUO and that sort of nonsense. However this guide will use Razor to do it.

A primitive way of doing this would be to double click the potion on the ground and target something. However this can be slightly automated in Razor so that it is much much easier to do.

First what you need to do is put explosion potions on your Razor scavenger and have your scavenger enabled. If you don't click where it says 'push to enable' this won't work.

Second you need to make a macro for using explosion potions and targeting something. When I say targeting something you can do a few things. One would be to target last, if they are on your screen this would work. (I will explain why this has no wait for target line and is looped later on)

Another way to 'kick' the pot would be to have a macro that uses an explosion potion and then targets a relative location. This would essentially target a set number of tiles from your position, no matter where you are in the game.

To make the macro target relative location, simply record using and targeting an explosion potion. Right click on where it says 'absolute target' and chose 'relative location' in the menu.

All that is left for you to do is bind the use explosion pot macro to a key, wait for someone to throw an explosion pot at you, then push that key.

Technicalities:

There are a few things that must be considered when attempting to do this. First off is this considered automated pvp? Technically it should not be, because you are pushing a button to use an explosion potion in your bag. As long as you yourself are choosing when to toss the potion there is nothing automated about it.

When doing this I highly recommend turning your object delay, and auto queue object to 0 and off respectively. The whole point of this is to do it as quickly as possible.

Looping a macro:
If you loop the use explosion pot macro make sure you have a hot key set to stop macros. This will interfere with spell casting and targeting. If you decide not to include a wait for target line in your macro it would be advisable to loop your macro.

Final conditions:
Lastly and most importantly you must have no explosion potions in your bag to do this. Although I have only done basic and preliminary tests to insure this method will work, I did them all with no explosion potions in my bag. The reasoning behind this is that when the potion gets put into your bag from scavenger you want it to be the only one there, so that when you hit your macro there is only one Razor has to chose from, and thus tosses it away. It may be possible to do this with explosion potions in your bag already, however if there is I haven't bothered trying to figure out what it is, I will leave that up to you.

Some people will say 'if you can't do this with explosion potions in your bag what's the point??'. Well the point would be to avoid being killed by an alchemist. If you are an alchemist and carry potions tough shit.

Enjoy and use responsibly.

tto bad when you kick pots back at me when im chasing you down you have explo pots in your inventory cus your on a alchy dexxer

-Notorious-;1825827 said:
tto bad when you kick pots back at me when im chasing you down you have explo pots in your inventory cus your on a alchy dexxer

have to agree here. just stupid to scav a pot unless you dont carry any. not to mentio if timed right what good does it do. the majority of the dmg is done and while you trying to kick it back hes already done casting and queueing up the lighting to finsish you off.

Sprint-

Wanderer

Not really 'easier'. It would be virtually impossible to kick a perfect one like this, and you cannot carry any pots. I can click the pots off the ground, kicking perfect ones while having pots in my bag (much more efficient :)).

godofsoap

Wanderer

A perfect pot can never be kicked, hence the term perfect.

As I said originally you may be able to carry explodes and still do this. As in if I know how to do it I'm not telling you.

godofsoap

Wanderer

-Notorious-;1825827 said:

I haven't played an alchy dexer in months.

Sprint-

Wanderer

Lafable;1825976 said:
A perfect pot can never be kicked, hence the term perfect.

As I said originally you may be able to carry explodes and still do this. As in if I know how to do it I'm not telling you.

The only way to do it is with EasyUO, if you're not doing it by hand.

Stides40oz

Knight

nobody has ever kicked a pot back at me??? What the hell are u talking about. If you time it right when you throw it at someone they have no chance to throw it anywhere! So this sounds like it would only work against noobs throwing pots at you. In that case theyre ezmode anyways and you shouldnt need a macro.

Lafable;1825259 said:
There are a few things that must be considered when attempting to do this. First off is this considered automated pvp?

that's not even a concern. the only thing that is not allowed to be automated in pvp is the use of the autocure/heal feature that is built into razor. somewhere over the years this rule has turned into a rumor that automating pvp in any way is illegal.

this is a really cool guide, thanks for writing it

godofsoap

Wanderer

No, I've been jailed/banned for 'automated pvp' before, and auto healing had nothing to do with it.

Glad you enjoyed the guide though.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

I'm pretty sure you're also not allowed to "turret," as defined as using multiple characters at once by scripting (in Razor or otherwise).

Sammich

Wanderer

LKP;1826368 said:
I'm pretty sure you're also not allowed to "turret," as defined as using multiple characters at once by scripting (in Razor or otherwise).

Its a shame being a whiny bitch inst in the rules eh ;/

I tested out the macro described by the OP, it works well..

WaRgAzM

Knight

Ever notice the only people people who pot kick are alchy's themsevles. With that being said that macro means nothing. Only because there is no garentee that the potion being thrown will be the one the picked up.

Sammich

Wanderer

WaRgAzM;1826515 said:
Ever notice the only people people who pot kick are alchy's themsevles. With that being said that macro means nothing. Only because there is no garentee that the potion being thrown will be the one the picked up.

I've haven't had pots kicked back at me since Jenova in 2006... When I get unlazy I will attempt to write this macro is sallos and use it on my stun tamer.