UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Hybrid is great because it's so diverse.

Axias

Sorceror
Re: Hybrid is great because it's so diverse.

LKP;1920382 said:
There's no similar tactic the tank can use against the alchemist. That's the whole point of this thread. Stun has no counter, either. If that stun comes at the right time, it's an automatic death sentence. The only thing that might save you then is a heal wand.

Alchemy doesn't give you any defensive advantages over what a tank mage has when it comes to healing through drops or a stun explo/pot/whatever combo. So a tank mage should be able to survive just as well as any other class.. the disadvantage that the tank mage has is that he cannot use his weapon while casting spells, and the long delay times which makes it difficult to use your wep when your consistently having to heal through pots+spells. Meanwhile the alchy can be potting and casting at the same time.

The appropriate fix then in my opinion is to give back insta swing. Its really the only thing that will let tanks Utilize their build effectively and to be honest.. fairly.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

Right, alchemy's a purely offensive skill. So is swordsmanship. Alchy mages and tank mages both get all of their defensive power from Magery and equipment.

The point is that said magery and equipment give every mage numberous defenses against weapons, whereas no skill or item can do anything to reduce the potency of purple potions. While weapons are missing and being parried and their damage absorbed by armor and spells across the shard, purple potions are doing unchecked damage.

As I mentioned in the insta-hit thread, I don't want to see this shard's PvP turn into another nightmare of hally stalling. Insta-swing was part of this game when I loved it most, and definitely sounds like something I could get behind, but there would need to be some other changes with it to make it fit on this shard. I want PvP to be balanced, not just imbalanced in a different direction.

Axias

Sorceror

LKP;1920743 said:
Right, alchemy's a purely offensive skill. So is swordsmanship. Alchy mages and tank mages both get all of their defensive power from Magery and equipment.

The point is that said magery and equipment give every mage numberous defenses against weapons, whereas no skill or item can do anything to reduce the potency of purple potions. While weapons are missing and being parried and their damage absorbed by armor and spells across the shard, purple potions are doing unchecked damage.

As I mentioned in the insta-hit thread, I don't want to see this shard's PvP turn into another nightmare of hally stalling. Insta-swing was part of this game when I loved it most, and definitely sounds like something I could get behind, but there would need to be some other changes with it to make it fit on this shard. I want PvP to be balanced, not just imbalanced in a different direction.

I like what your saying friend. I hope someones listening...

MeLvIn^^

Sorceror

explo pots are out of hand, no argument can dispute that.

in the past 2 days every person i have fought in the field has lugged explo pots at me the entire fight. its almost a waste of time to fight them. if i stop to cast, i get blown up by a pot, if i try to run away i get chased down by a pot, if i run in to stun i get whacked with a power/vanq war hammer or axe.

honestly its making me lose respect for UOG. believe it or not, pvp used to be balanced here, you would see all disciplines of pvper.. now nearly every player is gm alchy or spams explos. it is the reason we are seeing such a downturn in faction players, and pvp overall.

i agree with you axias, i hope someone is listening too. UOG was once the best server available to play, there was always big faction battles or fights going on. now the only people who come out to play are the puss pot throwers.

MeLvIn^^;1921124 said:
explo pots are out of hand, no argument can dispute that.

in the past 2 days every person i have fought in the field has lugged explo pots at me the entire fight. its almost a waste of time to fight them. if i stop to cast, i get blown up by a pot, if i try to run away i get chased down by a pot, if i run in to stun i get whacked with a power/vanq war hammer or axe.

honestly its making me lose respect for UOG. believe it or not, pvp used to be balanced here, you would see all disciplines of pvper.. now nearly every player is gm alchy or spams explos. it is the reason we are seeing such a downturn in faction players, and pvp overall.

i agree with you axias, i hope someone is listening too. UOG was once the best server available to play, there was always big faction battles or fights going on. now the only people who come out to play are the puss pot throwers.

You must be really bad at the game. Learn to throw explode pots, or defend them. If you can't heal through pot spam you need alot of practice.

MeLvIn^^

Sorceror

bad at the game? you must be joking. i can throw explo pots just as good as any of you trammies; i just choose not to because it is an unskilled way to fight. if you had played the game pre-noob era you might understand.

Sprint-

Wanderer

MeLvIn^^;1921308 said:
bad at the game? you must be joking. i can throw explo pots just as good as any of you trammies; i just choose not to because it is an unskilled way to fight. if you had played the game pre-noob era you might understand.

I'll make a character with only gm resist, magery, med and eval and I bet you couldn't even get close to killing me with purple pots. I'll put up 10mil that you can't, but you have to put up 1mil.

Raserei;1921317 said:
I'll make a character with only gm resist, magery, med and eval and I bet you couldn't even get close to killing me with purple pots. I'll put up 10mil that you can't, but you have to put up 1mil.

I'd also be willing to do this same bet, since explode pots doesn't require any skill he should have no problem killing us.

lb3stx

Sorceror

Melvin... tbh, I think you're overestimating your abilities and understating the amount of skill involved in playing an alchy/stun proper. I'd be willing to throw another mil on top of what heavy or ras bet that they will win with no expectation of any gain on my part when they prove themselves right. Some of these fellas are just on another level and it's my belief that the pot nay sayers are just letting their egos get in the way of proper realization. Oh, it must be because they throw pots.

MeLvIn^^

Sorceror

only thing im complaining about is how unbalanced pvp is. didnt used to be this way because there were consequences for using explo pots in towns ect ect. but this shard is trammelized, so there really isnt much that i or anyone else can do except accept it. its just sad to see the lack of skill in pvpers because 3-5 years ago things were a lot different, and better.

Have you ever thought of the fact that maybe you're just really bad, instead of complaining why don't you go out and practice and try to compete?

lb3stx

Sorceror

MeLvIn^^;1921382 said:
only thing im complaining about is how unbalanced pvp is. didnt used to be this way because there were consequences for using explo pots in towns ect ect. but this shard is trammelized, so there really isnt much that i or anyone else can do except accept it. its just sad to see the lack of skill in pvpers because 3-5 years ago things were a lot different, and better.

Trammelized? You do realize that trammel was the direct result of players crying for rule changes because they lacked skills to survive right? What does this thread have to say about trammelization? lol.

Also, about your gripe about town rules... If the AOE rules were reverted blues would cry that reds have an overwhelming advantage because they can use AOEs and blues can't because they'll be griefed with counts.

Make an alchy stun and go field and see if you can be as effective as the people that have killed you enough to make you feel the way you currently feel towards pots. I guarantee you'll change your mind about the skill aspect. You are all right, it isn't balanced. The difference is that these players have the skill to pull this template off. The people that don't are going to be at a disadvantage. However, tell me how this is different than any other game or any other situation in RL? Maybe I'm a noob but pulling off alchy combos that all the top alchy stuns on this shard seem to have on lock is very difficult to me. MUCH more difficult than jockying spells and weapons where timing isnt near as much of a factor if a factor at all.
Oh, and about the LoS complaints. If you're playing a mage or tank against an alchy... you have a 4-5 second notice that somebody is about to lob a pot at you. If you aren't smart enough to figure out what you have right in front of you to block LoS in any location then you have bigger problems than pots. Learn to block LoS and make people blow themselves up and the advantage shifts to the other side.

MeLvIn^^

Sorceror

smoker you may not believe it, but some people actually have lives outside of UO. i have a lot more important things to do than sit around and practice UO. the amount of time i spend playing UO a week doesnt compare at all to the amount of time i spend doing other, more constructive things. you may or may not have a life; to this i am not going to speculate, but the point i am trying to get across is i dont live to be good at UO. it is a GAME after all, something you do for fun.

second, you guys act like im saying get rid of explo pots. they are and have always been a part of the game. all i am saying is make them less godly, and more realistic. you talk about situations resembling real life, so ridde me this; how can someone not be able to drink a potion because their hands are full, but be able to throw one?

and lb, i mean trammelized as in neon hair, crazy colored clothes, blessed everything, gay custom homes. del pond (where most of you "pvpers" camp) is trammel. i dont expect you to understand, as i am sure trammel always existed in the time you played UO. for those of us who remember how it was after the game first started, things like these are annoying, unnecessary, and pretty much worthless.

lastly, who gives a flying fuck if blues cry about reds having an advantage. they shouldnt be attacking reds and running back to town to hide. if they do they should suffer the consequences. and likewise for someone lugging pots in town. again you refer to real life, this is another situation where realism is avoided for the sake of appeasing the noobs.

lb3stx;1921425 said:
Trammelized? You do realize that trammel was the direct result of players crying for rule changes because they lacked skills to survive right? What does this thread have to say about trammelization? lol.

Also, about your gripe about town rules... If the AOE rules were reverted blues would cry that reds have an overwhelming advantage because they can use AOEs and blues can't because they'll be griefed with counts.

Make an alchy stun and go field and see if you can be as effective as the people that have killed you enough to make you feel the way you currently feel towards pots. I guarantee you'll change your mind about the skill aspect. You are all right, it isn't balanced. The difference is that these players have the skill to pull this template off. The people that don't are going to be at a disadvantage. However, tell me how this is different than any other game or any other situation in RL? Maybe I'm a noob but pulling off alchy combos that all the top alchy stuns on this shard seem to have on lock is very difficult to me. MUCH more difficult than jockying spells and weapons where timing isnt near as much of a factor if a factor at all.
Oh, and about the LoS complaints. If you're playing a mage or tank against an alchy... you have a 4-5 second notice that somebody is about to lob a pot at you. If you aren't smart enough to figure out what you have right in front of you to block LoS in any location then you have bigger problems than pots. Learn to block LoS and make people blow themselves up and the advantage shifts to the other side.

+1 for one of the smartest people on the server.