UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I have a Freaky problem.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
I have a Freaky problem.

I'll explain it in a simple way.

I am on character X
I recall to Location A
I client crash during the recall
I try to log back on, several times, and I client crash over and over again.

I log on character Y, sucessfully
I walk to Location A to meet my other character
I client crash 3 tiles away from my character
I cannot log on character Y again for the same reason above

Did anyone ever had something like that happen? It's like bermuda's triangle of Sosaria... Any idea what causes that and how to fix/prevent it?

trix4life

Wanderer
Re: I have a Freaky problem.

try logging on to a character that wont crash and disable all sounds to uo.
i had times that my sounds would crash uo everytime i ran by a lich statue.

Sammich

Wanderer

I've had to move people before because they insta crashed in certain parts of the game. Sounds horrible but you should page in on an alt and try explaining the situation and see if you can get someones attention long enough to assist you while you log in the stuck character.

fonis

Knight

what location is it anyway? I can go run up over there and see if anything there is unique or peculiar (or if I crash, lol)

MadeInQuebec

fonis;1846231 said:
what location is it anyway? I can go run up over there and see if anything there is unique or peculiar (or if I crash, lol)

It's at my guildhouse, which is a few steps away from my house. Someone was waiting for me there and it was kinda weird to see him standing there while 2 of my characters were crashed.

I'll try to switch my art files to remove tree hack and patch, but the patching went through fine, but I'll try something else.

I tried paging in game but no one was available at the time.

EDIT: I switched my art files for the original ones, I tried patching over again which was already done and failed to sucessfully connect again :(

ploki

Knight

Sammich;1846225 said:
I've had to move people before because they insta crashed in certain parts of the game. Sounds horrible but you should page in on an alt and try explaining the situation and see if you can get someones attention long enough to assist you while you log in the stuck character.

this

or you can delete your character profile in your uo folder. doing that will delete any uo macros you have on that character.

MadeInQuebec

ploki;1846246 said:
or you can delete your character profile in your uo folder. doing that will delete any uo macros you have on that character.

Didn't work.

KoNNaN

Knight

MadeInQuebec;1846260 said:
That sounds like a pain... I guess my career is over... well.... I guess I'll think about this

Just delete those chars and don't go to that spot again.
;p

MadeInQuebec

KoNNaN;1846261 said:
Just delete those chars and don't go to that spot again.
;p

hummm, my 2 main chars and my guildhouse....

Sounds like an unlikely course of action ;)

fonis

Knight

where is your gh? you can pm me if you like to avoid your chars being unnecessarily pk'd. i can at least check to see there's nothing out of place...

fonis

Knight

i more meant to see what in particular in that area was causing the freezes. the "avoid being unnecessarily pk'd" was the reason behind why i suggested pm'ing me.

MadeInQuebec

Countessa;1846315 said:
MIQ, you're moved. Page if you need further assistance.

Thanks a lot <3