UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[Interest Check] RP Guilds wishing to have plots on the islands

Re: [Interest Check] RP Guilds wishing to have plots on the islands

Engage;1730052 said:
I think most RP guilds will still spend a large amount of time on the mainland. The Islands is more of an area for RP guilds to easily interact with other RP guilds and have areas to more easily hold events etc without interfering with the general playerbase.

Thats my opinion anyway.

agreed 100%

Vek

Sorceror

Engage;1730052 said:
I think most RP guilds will still spend a large amount of time on the mainland. The Islands is more of an area for RP guilds to easily interact with other RP guilds and have areas to more easily hold events etc without interfering with the general playerbase.

Thats my opinion anyway.

Right, right. Awesome idea it will be much easier to host events within the guilds so that we don't have to stop half way through to kill some greifer's *coughs* MS/EQ *coughs*

Guild Name: Role player Islands {RPI}
Guild Leader + Contact Details: Richard Drylite
Island (Evil/Good): Good

This guy is pretty cool, He wants to have a place on islands but he will not express it on here. He was 100% RP does not even talk in party chat or guild chat nor out of char for aim.

His guild is available for anyone to join as long as they roleplay with him to get in and make their marks. You can either be a citizen of Khalas (Evil island town) or a citizen of Agathys (Good Island town). Anyone who RPs with this guy gets in.

John McGail

Sorceror

Engage;1730052 said:

Thats my opinion anyway.

I couldn't agree any more than that. As protectors of Sosaria in general, we will be forced to stay on the mainland as well as the RP islands, and T2A. There will be no loss in RP interaction if we all move to the RP lands!

Any word on the progress with the move? I know a lot of guilds are geared up for it!
Thanks Engage!

Engage

Wanderer

This seems to be a pretty complete list so I can start reviewing the guilds that are interested and will announce which ones are successful soon!

The plots will work the following way:

- Guilds give 3 preferences for a location they want on their chosen island (Start looking now! I will announce soon when I want this information);

- A 10x10 plot will be placed by me and transferred to the Guildmaster. I will be making the plots non-transferable/tradeable so they cannot be sold.

- The guild can choose to have a wall/staff placed decoration around the 10x10 plot. The maximum size of the entire "base" including any walls/decoration will be 18x18

- The guild pays for the plot and any house customisation so please have gold ready! If you do not have enough money to customise the plot properly it will not be placed.

- The house must be customised appropriately, no ugly boxes with waterfalls at the front etc. The house MUST fit the theme of your guild!

- No plots on the same screen as another guild (I want them spread out as much as possible)

- No plots within a screen or two of the town entrances

- No using the plots for anything other than your RP guild

There will be more rules set out at a later date. Anyone found abusing this privilege risks having their plot removed without a refund.

John McGail

Sorceror

Wow thanks for the update Seer Engage. I'll start scouting out the good island today with my crew. For RP sake, please try and keep SOK away from any other guilds, even the 'good' aligned guilds. Since the other guilds use magic, we may be unfriendly with them and wouldn't want them near us, from a RP perspective.
Thanks!

John McGail

Sorceror

Engage, I think I found a suitable spot for the Sosarian Order of Knights.
Either place the 10x10 right beside, or behind the Archery Trainer/Melee trainer to the west side of the island. Leave enough room for a 'guard wall' though please. Our last spot would be near the Docks, as we don't use magery we do use boats for travel and have a Naval unit. We'd prefer near the trainers though, for obvious reasons.

This is all if we qualify for a plot, and those are suitable locations of course.
Thanks.

Engage

Wanderer

Okay i'm just going to use this thread as the application thread to save duplication. I've taken down all the details and am still reviewing which guilds will be given initial places.

If any of the guilds that have expressed interest do NOT have the funds to pay for the plot + adequately customise it (so that it fits the theme of both the islands and your guild) let me know now so that I can leave you out of the first round of placements.

Vek

Sorceror

Ummm, don't mean to rush but can we please do the placing soon so i don't lose my money lol. I really want to get a plot but i can lose patients after long periods of time.

Vek

Sorceror

Also i have found the plot area i wish to use. It will be next to the fire temple, and the small resource mining area. Or if that spot is taken then by the temple which teleports to good island cave.

Engage

Wanderer

I haven't accepted any guilds locations yet, but I don't think there will be any issue. As for the savages I was thinking of respawning the Ratman camp area with a small savage spawn and you could go either North or South of there. Seems to make more sense than having savages right next to a fire temple or next to a graveyard etc.

Feel free to start discussing where you want to place your plots now. If there are any major clashes in locations hopefully you will be able to sort it out amongst yourselves. :)

Vek

Sorceror

Ok yea that would probably work much better, i just chose fire temple because we worship fire and magic

Engage;1734811 said:
I haven't accepted any guilds locations yet, but I don't think there will be any issue. As for the savages I was thinking of respawning the Ratman camp area with a small savage spawn and you could go either North or South of there. Seems to make more sense than having savages right next to a fire temple or next to a graveyard etc.

Feel free to start discussing where you want to place your plots now. If there are any major clashes in locations hopefully you will be able to sort it out amongst yourselves. :)

Thats where most rpers get their arrows from. having a savage or orc spawn on rp islands would not be a very good idea. For this would be added protection to the two guilds. unless the other guilds get some kind of guards too.

Vek

Sorceror

I agree to some extent. First off the rp islands were created for the role players to have a place were they could legally hold events without disruption. And although the spawn would be unfair if we were to be raided it would greatly help us for berry gathering. The last time we attempted a berry gathering event our box blocking the door was moved by a GM and we were soon overcome by humans invading the fort with no escape, we lost about 30 tribal berries in all. I'm not sure about an orc spawn but the savage spawn would greatly assist us and help the rp. Also as far as i can tell from this point, is that we will probably not use the house for fighting but more for events within the guild, with allies, or setting up agreements between other role play guilds.

Engage

Wanderer

Valid points plague_spores. I can easily make a new area for RPers to get arrows and I was considering having a small spawn at each of the guilds houses anyway. Will just have to see how it works out, and ensure it is as fair as possible for each of the guilds.

Engage;1735394 said:
Valid points plague_spores. I can easily make a new area for RPers to get arrows and I was considering having a small spawn at each of the guilds houses anyway. Will just have to see how it works out, and ensure it is as fair as possible for each of the guilds.

cool. I just dont want to see it turn out where guilds use their guild specific spawn to own other rp guilds in rp battles.

Engage

Wanderer

Definitely not, it would only be a very small spawn (more for looks than anything else).