UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Is there a way to run Demise withou Razor and UOS?

Hi there, i'm trying to run Demise without using other program like Razor or UOS only changing the original files to log in into Demise server but i does not remember how to do this. Can someone help me? Thanks a lot!

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
You used to be able to patch the encryption from the client using UORice, then change login.cfg to connect. Since UOSteam that's no longer possible though, the server now requires assistant verification (otherwise you could just turn the handshake off in UOSteam and use all the restricted features). Your best bet would be to use Razor or UOSteam to connect, and just minimize it after you log in.

You used to be able to patch the encryption from the client using UORice, then change login.cfg to connect. Since UOSteam that's no longer possible though, the server now requires assistant verification (otherwise you could just turn the handshake off in UOSteam and use all the restricted features). Your best bet would be to use Razor or UOSteam to connect, and just minimize it after you log in.

Understood :/

I'm trying to run Demise on a low performing computer but the CPU runs 100% and there is no way to play cause the lag (not internet lag but the CPU 100% lag). I'm thinking some ways to use this computer. And if i could open UO without razor or UOS will be less CPU usage.

Do you know a way to make UO spend less CPU usage?

I'm checking the UOS cpu usage but does not solve the problem.

Maybe run old UO Versions but i dunno if Demise allow to connect using old UO versios.

If you have some idea let me know, please.

The computer configuration:
Intem Xeon CPU E5-2670 v2 2.5Ghz
1GB de memória (a memória fica em 70% tranquilo)
Windows 2012 Server

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member
The UO window always uses 100% cpu at the login screen. Is it that high when you get in-game?

If so, you could try enabling frame skipping and other such options within UO.

I don't think there's much difference between 7.0.18.0 (the minimum required to connect) and the current versions. You could try a 7.0.20.0 client from here though: http://hz.tehomgpwn.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=408

Understood :/

I'm trying to run Demise on a low performing computer but the CPU runs 100% and there is no way to play cause the lag (not internet lag but the CPU 100% lag). I'm thinking some ways to use this computer. And if i could open UO without razor or UOS will be less CPU usage.

Do you know a way to make UO spend less CPU usage?

I'm checking the UOS cpu usage but does not solve the problem.

Maybe run old UO Versions but i dunno if Demise allow to connect using old UO versios.

If you have some idea let me know, please.

The computer configuration:
Intem Xeon CPU E5-2670 v2 2.5Ghz
1GB de memória (a memória fica em 70% tranquilo)
Windows 2012 Server

Well, in UOSteam or Razor, turn off every agent, specifically the counters and scavengers. If you turn off all the services such as those then UOSteam is basically inert CPU usage wise.

It has been a long standing complaint that UO kept the CPU meter peg'd at 100% . BUT having said that, there has been and is no, to my knowledge, evidence that the UO client actually uses 100% of the cpu as in exclusively. What your seeing is simply one way of doing things. The program yields the CPU (lets others run) then stays in its loop checking to see if it can do anything useful. This gives the illusion that the CPU is being used 100% but in reality, a program is burning what would be considered "idle" time and this is no harm or foul to the system, just unnerving to the casual observer.

Oh the other hand those counter and scavengers running are probably your problem. When you look at all the tabs on UOSteam, look for things that "need" to monitor the UO World. Turn em off/disable them. A not to obvious one is also the bandage part on the options tab on the friends section, just disable it.

If I read your configuration right, are you able to run anything other than Win2012 Server? Even though your running a Xeon processor, 1GB of memory for that setup is not conducive to running programs/games. It is entirely possible you could solve all your problems by simply upgrading the memory to 2GB or 4GB which should be pretty darn cheap these days.

I am going to go out on a limb here, I suspect you may not know much about virtual memory and pageing. IF your system is getting cought in a "Page Thrashing" environment (the 1GB can do that with server and uo) then yeah your so screwed it isnt even funny. The easy solution is to dump server and get XP or Win7 ThinPC if you can that MAY get a memory profile small enough to run in 1GB, OR you can increase the memory to 4GB and have smooth sailing.